Coryn02

The Death Game - OOC

Seems alright to me, though I'm noting a few similarities to Lance.

For unique skill what about night vision if you want something based on sight? Or maybe she can become a shadow... as in the colour drains from her avatar leaving only dark pigmentation? But that may be OP.

Lance is a speedy-dagger, thick in the fray kind of guy, while being shy, but friendly and helpful. All things Dove isn't. She would prefer to be as far from action if possible and she certainly isn't friendly or helpful (for the most part). xd.png I know they seem to be both rogue-types-ish-peeps, so reclusivity (that should totally be a word) would come natural to them (owing to his shyness and her dislike of people in general). But thinking forward, it seems likely that there would be similar typing of players(due to sheer number of players in-game), but it would be their personality and niches that would set them apart as they continue forward. Yours more mixed and mine more purely stealth and info-gathering. Yus/no?

I like the night vision idea, but can't players do that already? I know things calmed down at night in-verse but I don't recall mention of vision actually being impaired at night. I do like it, however.

Edited by futurelibkeeper

Very well then, I guess similarities are bound to happen.

Though hunting isn't actually a skill or trait, you're thinking of tracking the thing Lance picked up when he got level 10.

Also there's night vision in ALO, as Kirito's race can give it to a whole party using magic. There may be potions for it in SAO but having it permanantly would be a unique skill. You could go for infrared vision or something, or maybe a meditative like state that she can use at a distance where she analyses and percieves all the movements and attacks of enemies and allies for a short period of time, say she notices a slight leg movement in a wolf and in this state she can be like 'He's gonna jump at you!'... That seems to fall into her play style of the cautious strategist hanging at a distance.

Most players would pick up movements eventually but she can anticipate attacks before they actually happen... this has been used in lots of anime and manga I'm fairly sure.

Look up Akashi Emporer Eye or Pearl from Pokemon Adventures/Special manga as two examples.

But that is just a suggestion, Coryn may not approve.

You don't make it particularly clear what weapon she uses. Plus, I think the Unique Skill is strictly a weapon skill. I'm not sure though. Maybe check the wiki.

I also don't think you can level up by giving information out. You have to gain exp through battling monsters and completing quests.

Edited by Narvix

I was confused about the weapon she used too but Wild Dance is the skill for people who use claws (ala Wolverine/Freddie Kruger). Its not listed as anything separate or special so it should be fine.

And not necessarily Narvix, no where does it state that a unique skill has to be weapon based. It could be similar to the Outside System Skills like kirito and kleins ability to sense hostility or skill connect.

Yeah leveling up by giving information doesn't seem accurate :/ Maybe by writing the books but you'd need to have scribing skill tongue.gif

Thaaaat was just a poorly worded sentence that I decided to fix xd.png

The plan is that she'll figure out Wild Claws isn't as viable as the Dagger skill and switch sometime later.

Yeah, I noticed <<Precognition>> as an outside system skill as well so what you were saying before, Marcus, about her being able to predict the next attack move seems reasonable as the rp progresses.

Alright, an open criticism sheet.

Appearance is pretty good, I have no problems with it.

I presume since she is starting with Wild Dance that she'll be using claws to fight early on?

Unique Skills are not purely combat-based, though Kayaba has made most of these skills handy for adventuring in general so that the players who have them are more motivated to clear the game (later in the RP this will be more clear). Outside Skills are something I'd like to avoid entirely since most are based either on intuition or skill, neither of which are affected by in-game parameters. Basically, every SAO player that survives has this to some degree anyways.

I'd recommend a Unique Skill that implies progression into a specific type of play or that introduces variety; if you want a stealth-based Unique Skill, those that boost Hiding are not needed because Kirito got by just fine with his ragged signature coat (plus, dynamic skills are more fun anyways, and Hiding has an inherent weakness). Night vision could be interesting, if Dove spend lots of time prowling around after hours. Perhaps a Unique Skill that gives her bonuses at night, not limited to Night Vision? (Also do remember you are not required to have a Unique Skill, but like I said who wants to pass it up?)

On the note of Dove's Finnish background, we should have a cold-themed world as well; we never thought of one of those. I don't think there was anything but cold-themed areas in SAO along with the seasons.

Edited by Coryn02

I believe the default is claws, so yus, claws for the resident Wild Dance-r.

We're staying away from Outside Skills entirely? There were some good ones that applied really well TT.TT I mean...<<Switching>> is an Outside Skill which I assume we'll be spamming to our advantage...

I'mma hop on your "Unique Skill that gives bonuses at night" train because that sounds fab.

I don't remember other winter-y field dungeons other than the one where Kirito and Lisbeth went to get the sword materials, but there are bound to be others so that sounds cool :3

I believe the default is claws, so yus, claws for the resident Wild Dance-r.

We're staying away from Outside Skills entirely? There were some good ones that applied really well TT.TT I mean...<<Switching>> is an Outside Skill which I assume we'll be spamming to our advantage...

I'mma hop on your "Unique Skill that gives bonuses at night" train because that sounds fab.

I don't remember other winter-y field dungeons other than the one where Kirito and Lisbeth went to get the sword materials, but there are bound to be others so that sounds cool :3

Oh right, Switching counts as an Outside Skill. What I really mean is Kirito-level stuff because that guy is both far too balanced and also too powerful for anything from him to be used right.

As I've said before, anything here is subject to change and decisions by me.

Night time bonuses omg you're a vampire ohmy.gif

Also remember Kirito fights Saint Nick on a little snow level, though to be fair that was at Christmas time but it was a snowy forest.

O: Vampireeeee. Think I'll call it <<Nocturnality>> heh heh because I'm sooo original. What should the official description be to not make it too OP? "In which the user becomes a vampire" seems a bit simplified and vague lolol

Maybe "Skills used at night receive a 1.5x exp boost" or something?

O: Vampireeeee. Think I'll call it <<Nocturnality>> heh heh because I'm sooo original. What should the official description be to not make it too OP? "In which the user becomes a vampire" seems a bit simplified and vague lolol

Maybe "Skills used at night receive a 1.5x exp boost" or something?

Sorry about being quiet for some time; I'll likely be absent for at least a week (likely two).

I would call a meeting but my Internet is unteliable and I'm too busy, so...

Yeah, we need specifics for a Skill's description. An experience bonus at night is an interesting idea, and Nocturnality is a good name. I approve of that idea, though it may only come in handy once the Unique Skills kick in.

Alright, so it is time for another meeting!

This one is scheduled for 10:30 PM (by Eastern Standard Time) this evening. It's really more of an activity check than anything else. Please show up if you're still into this roleplay!

EDIT: If you did not make it, posting here in the OOC to say you're still in is fine too.

Edited by Coryn02

I have no further interest in continuing this roleplay. For me, school starts again in a few days, so my roleplaying activities will be slowing down since I'll need to get settled in. The fact is even starting this thing was chaotic enough. Until I have enough time to keep a roleplay going (or even to remain active in one continuously), I will probably not start one again.

Furthermore, due to an upheaval in my personal life I will no longer be able to spend tons of time online after hours, making my forums activity even less than before.

This was fun while it was starting, I am sorry for everyone who wanted to continue.