Zafire

Trade can be offered on or offered to someone else

Greetings,

Did a search on this suggestion and didn't find anything, so I apologize if I missed it.

The suggestion is fairly simple.

At the moment, when you offer an egg or hatchling for trading, you can only receive offers. You can't offer that egg/hatchling to a trade.

The suggestion is basically to allow that even tho you have put an egg/hatchling up for trade, you will still be able to offer it on another trade.

For example. I have a Silver that I would like to receive offers on so I put it up for trading, but then I see someone on the forums, offering something I am interested in. So instead of cancelling the trade so I can offer, I can just offer it to that person even tho its already up for trading.

If the person I offered the egg/hatchling to accepts, then the other offers gets rejected automatically. Or if I accept an offer then the offer I made on someone else's trade gets cancelled automatically.

The CD on the Magis still works the same way they do now, if you accept an offer your magi goes on CD, if the one you offer it to accept, his/hers magi goes on CD.

I came up with this suggestion after writing a post about eggs I had up for trade and then found something I was interested. So I had to cancel my trade in order to offer it in the trade, that might get rejected and then I can start all over with making a post and trade link. I figured this might be easier.

Thoughts? smile.gif

Greetings,

Did a search on this suggestion and didn't find anything, so I apologize if I missed it.

There's Making the same offer on more than one trade in the BSA suggestion sub-forum, if that helps you. smile.gif

(I'm in favour of the idea, by the way! Would definitely be a useful addition.)

Edited by pinkgothic

This suggestion does seem a bit different from the other one. I thought I had seen one like this, but that may be the one I was thinking of.

I definitely think this could be useful, although there may need to be some limit to the number of trades one egg or hatchling could be involved in at one time.

Suggestions about trades get moved to the BSA subforum because they are related to the teleport BSA. I think that is unfortunate. They tend to get lost there and get less notice because most people think of that as a place to suggest new BSAs.

Suggestions about trades get moved to the BSA subforum because they are related to the teleport BSA. I think that is unfortunate. They tend to get lost there and get less notice because most people think of that as a place to suggest new BSAs.

This mad.gif

I think it could be useful, too.

There's Making the same offer on more than one trade in the BSA suggestion sub-forum, if that helps you. smile.gif

(I'm in favour of the idea, by the way! Would definitely be a useful addition.)

Oh my apology! I went and read about it and it doesn't seem to be quite the same, he suggest offering an egg on multiply trades. Mine is combining trading and offer as one. But yeah.

This suggestion does seem a bit different from the other one. I thought I had seen one like this, but that may be the one I was thinking of.

I definitely think this could be useful, although there may need to be some limit to the number of trades one egg or hatchling could be involved in at one time.

Yeah I hope my suggestion doesn't end there, but it probably will, since its BSA related.

I suppose I can just hope it will get attention enough before it gets moved.

I like the idea! As far as limits go, I think that one trade to be offered on and three trades as offers is plenty.

Other than that limit suggestion, there's nothing else really to say here ~ simple and nice idea.

I'm in favor of this suggestion. It'll open up trades more.

(I'd also be in favour of valuable suggestions like this NOT moving to the BSA forum. For what it's worth.)

When trading my hatchies/eggs I was often in a dilemma whether to cancel my trade and bid on something I was interested in, so having an option to do both would be very useful. Support!

Edited by stagazer_7

Yes, please!

It makes all kind of sense and prevents people from having to avoid/cancel slow-answered offers to get a suitable trade done.

Part of me wanted to say no but I actually really like the idea.

So another support for me. I have been in that dilema my self and its a bit disheartening because you waste time in waiting for the person to accept or reject your offer that you could have been using in taking offers while you waited.

I would also like to see these not in the BSA section but rather in the suggestions area. I can understand this is BSA related but asalready stated, the BSA subforum is seen more as an "I have this new BSA idea les propose it there" and the suggestions section is seen as more of an "I have an improvement on this game mechanic and would like to get some critique on it".

With that being said these get lost in the masses of new proposed BSA and its in the best interest of improvement ideas to stay within the suggestions parent forum and not the BSA Subforum.

Edited by AnanoKimi

I support this suggestion. A lot of times I've posted a trade link and then scrolled up three posts to see someone is looking for what I have.

Just to expand on my support:

I find it supremely frustrating to offer a hatchling on someone's trade early in the evening because the trade would be perfect, only to find that it hasn't been accepted yet (or declined) at the end of the evening when I need to go to bed. During the week, the next time I reasonably have time to create a trade if the offer ends up being declined is roughly 24 hours later - that's a lot of time for a hatchling to effectively be stuck in limbo.

(Doubly frustrating if it isn't accepted even though it was immediately offered the moment the trade in question was posted even though it's precisely what the person asked for, but that's a different problem. xd.png And can always happen.)

So I would love to be able to independently create a trade. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic