Dirtytabs

Tabs DRAWS for your ENTERTAINMENT and EDIFICATION

Tea dragon in a tea cup was Ewi's. I'd like to see him spinning around in those tilt-a-whirl things and another dragon (Coral pigmy?) Looking sick or flying out because they a smol babe!

On 7/28/2019 at 2:44 PM, Dirtytabs said:

Gaze upon my splendid thighs.

b8T5zTg.jpg

OH MY GOD IS THIS A LUMINOX

BIUHEFKLMNJUIOWERJ

I LOVE IT

YES! My crayon box didn't have that specific shade of violet, so had to make do :) 

@Dirtytabs Hello! Firstly, I'd like to say that I am eagerly awaiting any new art that you draw! :)

Secondly, I'm making a gift for someone, and it needs to include a visual pun. :P Now, remembering the two glorious 'fanclubs' that you drew some time ago, as well as your general respect for puns, I was wondering if you could suggest any similar compound words? I'm having trouble thinking of any aside from 'rainbow', but I'm not sure I'm able to draw a bow that is made out of convincing raindrops, rather than just 'weird blue blobs'. :D

I think a raindrop bow is beyond all of us. 'Cos it's going to look like plain water and not... drops of water, that are falling.

OK, I'm blanking on compound words now. Maybe you can mix two dragons whose names form a compound term? It wouldn't be a pun, but it might be fun.

@Dirtytabs Hmm... that could be fun! Snow Storm, Water Balloon, Dark Green Canopy, Electric Bolt, Deep Sea Guardian, Seasonal Harvest, Mint Green, Split Geode, Thunder Storm, Gold Monarch, Neglected Cheese, Paper Script, Nocturne Aria, Pumpkin  Harvest, Holly Garland!

Also, a ton that don't really work, but were somewhat amusing:

Black Black Tea, Black Black Truffle, Celestial Daydream, Blue-banded Dorsal, Brimstone Ember, Boreal Bleeding Moon, Frilled Flamingo, Moonstone Gemshard, Royal Blue Skysilk, Storm Nexus, Striped River Horse, Striped Sapphire, Sunrise Nebula, Royal Crimson Sunset, Green Mint, Mint Green, Specle-Throated Hooktalon, Turpentine Stone, Pink Candelabra, Purple Pillow, Red Sunstone, Neotropical Sandwaste, Spirit Ward Water Walker, Deep Sea Undine, Sapphire Geode, Split Geode, Frostbite Fever, Fell Hellhorse, Fell Guardian, Skywing Storm Rider, Magma Spitfire, White Cheese, Silver Rosebud, Ultraviolet Radiant Angel, Heartstealing Skywing, Floral-Crowned Olive, Copper Soulstone, Undead Valentine, Silver Shadow Walker, Vampire Grave, Shallow Water Witchlight, Solstice Witchlight, Solstice Moonstone, Sunset Mistletoe, Ice Chicken.

(yes, I went through the full dragon type list on the wiki)

@Shadowdrake So what you're proposing is that is should rain rainbow bows? :D

...still seeking a suitable pun though... the best I have so far is Softball Bat (and drawing a round, fuzzy flying critter) but the lack of space between 'soft' and 'ball' ruins it. Cricket Bat could be fun, but hard for me to draw... and I'm considering 'jellyfish' and 'crossbow'. :P

Edited by MessengerDragon

You mean a visual pun like armchair = a chair made of arms (human arms? weapons?)

@MessengerDragon ThunderBolt works, too. Or WaterFall, if you ignore the fact that they're called Autumns here XD

Edited by Ruby Eyes

One of my favourites is "snowstorm" - Terra somehow made a checker of them without realizing the compound word. :D

Ahh... for an "armchair", look to the Iron Throne.

I'm not the best source of information because I don't read A Song of Ice and Fire/didn't watch Game of Thrones, but there's a literal armchair (supposedly?) made out of about two hundred swords. It is said that the swords of a lot of dead enemies were melted by a dragon and hammered into a shape suitable for sitting on. A lot of people want to sit on this chair, but ultimately, no one did because another dragon melted it down.

Edited by Dirtytabs

@Ruby Eyes Yes, that's exactly what I mean! And ooh, how how did I miss Thunder Bolt? That's a great one!

@Dirtytabs The Snow Storm looks really pretty in addition to having a lovely name!

The trouble is that this visual pun is supposed to be quite a small cross-stitch pattern, and I'm not certain I can draw recognisable 'arms' of either kind at that resolution.

...headphones...

Edited by MessengerDragon

Pineapple and peanut are good if you want to go the more obvious.

If you want to go for one that's not a particular word, I've always loved the idea of a computer mouse that is an actual mouse.

Brain storm, super bowl, mood swing, negative space (imagine planets frowning?), watch dog, fire drill, running shoes, fruit fly, fruit bat, horseradish...

If you cross-stitch while skydiving, would the product be an air craft?

Bluetooth mouse, block party, campfire, cornstalk, partnership, bugbear, bullpen, pole vault, drug ring, football, traffic jam, dining table, highchair, hotdog, rock band, dumbbell, counterattack...

vicious cycle (some evil round thing?), divagate (not actually a compound word but looks like one)

@Keileon Huh. Pineapple could potentially work, maybe.

@Dirtytabs Nice list. I'm trying to find one where the first half of the word and the second half of the word both have a metaphorical meaning, which match with the meaning of the whole word, but where both of the word halves each have a literal meaning that can be drawn, and that has nothing to do with the meaning of the whole word. Also, sorry for kind of derailing your  thread a little. :s

Nah, I like wordplay. :D And the goal was to make a gift out of it, so it's kinda on topic.

Posted (edited)

Yes. Yes, you should XD Especially that Risensong with the buttwing looks weird! And a 3-eyed Rift? Portal them away!

I like the Mimic though. So realistic! :lol:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Oh come on Tabs - confess, all those new sprites are YOUR work aren't they?

I wish! I could never produce work of this quality!

On 4/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, Dirtytabs said:

I wish! I could never produce work of this quality!

Those sprites were all magical. And so is all your work Tabs. But when I see your latest art piece, I can only think of the Song Lookin' Out My Back Door, especially the Line: Look at all the happy creatures dancin' on the lawn"

Because that is certainly what is going on right now....