Dirtytabs

Tabs DRAWS for your ENTERTAINMENT and EDIFICATION

Can I request a Mistletoe taking care of an Ice egg? :)

Edited by Tinibree

20 hours ago, Tinibree said:

Can I request a Mistletoe taking care of an Ice egg? :)

Not while requests are closed, no. I've been veeeery slow with these lately. (Trust me on this!)

Tabs, my 2 Headed Holly Avatar has one of the heads hidden! I know you are very slow, but I want to know if I can get your advise on how to better square it so that the two heads stick out more, even if the tail is hidden a bit, OR just making it smaller for whatever.. I don't like the circle, but it does look nice. I am some happy things I'd like to share (ahem) for such advice, but I also want to share with the group that I have loved seeing the updates, and I think we should take the small tiny bit of downtime we have between End of Dec and Mid Feb V-Day and maybe talk about some things that Tab's Art has inspired us with. I don't think of that as chat since it is directly related to the art, but I think instead of just saying "OMG TABS UR AWESOME SO MUCH LULZ" or whatnot, maybe someone would like to share things they have done (silly, serious or whatever) that have happened or *ARE* happening because of this awesome art. IDK why Tabz Art is so amazing. I mean I know DirtyTabs (Filthy Underaged Kitty Pr0n) - And I know Dirtytabs is amazing, but what is it about *this* art that sticks out. 

To me, I feel like Tabs has a way of catching dragon expressions in a way that seems like it is easy, even like young cartoonish, but actually requires skill and because of the simplicity of it, and the fact the expressions or circumstances hit on very good funny bones (I love tabs and them puns)... I'm sure other DC people have done comics (be it only a single panel) or dragon interactions (sometimes longer panels), but Tabs captures it in a way I've never seen done before, AND it is like we are all part of the community and inside jokes. Tabs will make references to things people mention, talk about and even references to prior art/comic stuff. (Not to make it "comics",  but like "comical" and sometimes with panels). 

So I feel the final piece is "the community". Just gonna come out and say I have joined a community that could have become a fandom for me which would have been a first cuz I don't normally do that. But I **LOVE** everything about them. Well mostly.. But I never really feel like part of the community as much as others, as I know it is an amazing welcoming creative postive community, because the people involved talk about it being an open and welcoming to all people, but then they repeatedly blare their political opinions. To me, if you are constantly rehashing the same political ideas, even if I *AGREE* with you, I know that you are choosing a side. You are making it known that "you welcome everyone, but just so you know what *OUR VALUES ARE* and *WE ARE GOOD PEOPLE* really has caused an issue for me in feeling like what they are really saying is... I'm just not a good enough person. At least not as much as "other" people who agree with the people involved.300% That is just an example. But Tabs Community doesn't matter who you are, when you started playing, or when you did  your first binge, no one cares who you are. Tabs and those of us who read just want people to have a good time, and that makes me a huge huge fan. NO matter what color Tabs decides to paint a poor helpless dragon.

6 hours ago, Natayah said:

NO matter what color Tabs decides to paint a poor helpless dragon.

Now I'm imagining a Black dragon with albinism XD Or a Mint with a purple pigment problem. I wish I could draw!

On 1/8/2018 at 4:40 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Now I'm imagining a Black dragon with albinism XD Or a Mint with a purple pigment problem. I wish I could draw!

*snorts!* Oh goodness I have the best mental image of that poor Mint! 

I guess the thing I like most about Tabs' art is that it kind of inspires/helps me see more personality in our little pixel dragons. I love all my dragons dearly, but they are, after all, one specific pose/expression/image per breed/gender/whatever. I love seeing all the different expressions in Tabs' drawings, annoyance, excitement, mischief, etc, it gives the dragons so much personality while somehow the art remains simple and minimalist, which makes it stand out even more. I'll freely admit that there are certain drawings I go back to over and over because they make me smile or laugh (the magelight with the beans, and the 'undercover copper', are two of my favs). 

On 1/7/2018 at 8:53 PM, Natayah said:

Tabs, my 2 Headed Holly Avatar has one of the heads hidden!

You are too nice! I'm not here to inspire, I'm just having fun. Like you guys are. (Me? Dirty? Libel!)

Oh and expressiveness is the best.

Speaking of Tabs being slow, I have a less purple version of your lovely holly:

fSl3Z4U.png

fln4c6i.jpg

On 1/25/2018 at 11:21 AM, Dirtytabs said:

fln4c6i.jpg

I just want to pet that poor black dragon and reassure it that I believe him! hehe

On 1/25/2018 at 7:21 PM, Dirtytabs said:

fln4c6i.jpg

That one even saved colour pens :lol: Awesome one!

That could actually be a series of the Unbelievable Unbeliever.

Black Marrow: "I'm vegan!" - "Sure you are! From the Vega system!"

Lumina: "No, I wasn't mating with anyone else, dear, I have a skin condition!" - "Pft."

Cassare who just sneezed: "Oopsie. Wasn't on purpose!" - "Of course not. Look at those 6 piles of junk! The Sinomorph just fell apart!"

Greens get accusing looks whenever the ground shakes, no one believes the aria who says he's tone deaf, everyone thinks the polite royal crimson is just being patronizing...

AH! The mint said "Oh my GON!" I'm going to pretend I was responsible for that line.

c6jS0xV.jpg

I imagine most dragons don't understand Human, so you soon become very good at miming "flower".

I love you Tabs! You made me lough while me house is still so cold and i like the event icon over our scroll is our hero and always wearing a parka!

It's fortunate there are no summer events. Otherwise, the hero can't stay faceless. :lol:

10 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

c6jS0xV.jpg

I imagine most dragons don't understand Human, so you soon become very good at miming "flower".

Charades: DragonCave Edition! 

('You use 'words', right?' made me giggle!)

I died when I saw the Mint and the Oh My GON!  (And thanks for the art update, I'll probably re-upload-it over the weekend or something....

On 1/28/2018 at 1:43 PM, Dirtytabs said:

Good thing I drew on white paper!

JY6VVwF.jpg

Aww Poor black dragon.

It must suck that no one believes you.

Maybe you should maul them with your magic abilities and warrior skills. Maybe then they will believe you.

I missed this thread. You always convey the dragons personalities so well.

That makes me wonder, how did you like this year's V-day event? You've all these in canon personalities to mess with!

Maybe you can navigate to them at night and stare at them with your glowing red eyes. And then maim them with your magical/fighting skill.

It was lots of fun! There's just this funny image of a human moseying around this throng of dragons, dragons that could easily pummel a lone (defenseless?) little human by the way, and soliciting flowers. I want to assume that each dragon we found was a typical specimen, but maybe that isn't fair. Maybe that was just a grouchy copper and they're actually chipper. I liked those portraits! Sometimes, it isn't easy using little sprites for reference, you know? Until the event, I assumed guardians had two pairs of horns, when the blue ones are actually ears. I also didn't know that the pair of stripes on a blue-banded's face actually start at the eyes.