Dirtytabs

Tabs DRAWS for your ENTERTAINMENT and EDIFICATION

Welcome back, me. For a moment.

As usual, I missed the "drawing" bit. Ahaha.

user posted image

Delicious, delicious chicken.

OMG I love that Neglected! So pretty. And Neglected aren't supposed to be pretty. But it is!

user posted image

Someone likes their dragons thin and malnourished.

Perfect for modeling!

xd.png

Now this dragon needs one of those really crazy French walkway dresses.

I haven't commented in so long. So much has happened!

Fortunately for you, not much has happened for the past few weeks.

user posted image

This reminds me of the fun artist/spriter who does great Deviant Art work who has the Marrow laid out with the tagline about "Draw me like one of your French Girls" or something. That sig makes me giggle every time. I guess its not just Bone Marrows who are all Skin and Bones and Making a splash on the French Art and Couture Scene...

Welcome back, Tabs, have missed your work. Possibly U. Certainly YOU, but not certain about that shady vowel yet. Think I might go with Y.

Edited by natayah

Fortunately for you, not much has happened for the past few weeks.

user posted image

OH MY GOSH, YOU DID.

You are brilliant, Tabs!

HILARIOUS.

Poor Neglected can't walk in their dress! Oh no!

Also,

Welcome back, me. For a moment.

As usual, I missed the "drawing" bit. Ahaha.

user posted image

Delicious, delicious chicken.

HmmMMmm... I think I will involve the police in this request. Hee hee.

Oh yes, preferably dragons I haven't drawn yet. Doing the same ones gets boring, right? Maybe I should keep a checklist.

Hey thanks!

I should. That would make things way easier. Hoo.

And sure!

Are they eating with their back feet? Were they so eager to eat that they just grabbed the chicken with whatever limb and started eating? Lol!

Also, the painting is well done! Great Job!

---

Edit: I feel bad, because you have so many requests, and I want to give you another because you are funny. Is it okay to request it now? Or should I wait so more until the list goes down a bit?

Edited by Shokomon

You are always welcome to make requests, as long as you know that I don't go through them very quickly. Hee hee. I get busy or distracted or something.

May I say here while I can THANK YOU for doing that moon phase thread. I can't be bothered to remember the pattern. I think most users who care about lunar herald types keep that handy link somewhere.

Natayah, what about the poor O? Not worth considering?

Edited by dirtytabs

You are always welcome to make requests, as long as you know that I don't go through them very quickly. Hee hee. I get busy or distracted or something.

May I say here while I can THANK YOU for doing that moon phase thread. I can't be bothered to remember the pattern. I think most users who care about lunar herald types keep that handy link somewhere.

Natayah, what about the poor O? Not worth considering?

You are very welcome! I do that to help people out!

And thank you for doing all these requests! They are hilarious.

Now, as for the request, it has to do with Waterhorse dragons. As you complete the encyclopedia entry for them, you discover their absolute and utter hatred for starfish, including:

Waterhorse dragons have an apparent preoccupation with removing starfish from their territory and tossing them far, far away.

and

They willingly starve before resorting to eating starfish.

Could you draw a Waterhorse having a reaction to one of these aformentioned fish? I'd like to see a stare-down, but you can change it up if you like.

user posted image

I would love to see a female ND's reaction to this boy getting all worked up over being called pretty

(in my head female NDs are the badass of NDs, I just love their horns)

You are very welcome! I do that to help people out!

And thank you for doing all these requests! They are hilarious.

Now, as for the request, it has to do with Waterhorse dragons. As you complete the encyclopedia entry for them, you discover their absolute and utter hatred for starfish, including:

Waterhorse dragons have an apparent preoccupation with removing starfish from their territory and tossing them far, far away.

and

They willingly starve before resorting to eating starfish.

Could you draw a Waterhorse having a reaction to one of these aformentioned fish? I'd like to see a stare-down, but you can change it up if you like.

Waterhorses

user posted image

While you're waiting, have a look at this. biggrin.gif (from earlier in the thread)

At first I thought the dragon in your sig was a green Glory Drake and was quite confused until I realized it's a Striped River.. laugh.gif

That would be an interesting fashion show if Neglecteds and Black Marrows were the models. o.o Hmm... would a Grave want to get into this modeling thing, as well? They've got that "ribs poking out" look to them as well, and I'm sure their fiery wing markings would give a new definition to "Hot Couture".

Thin Halloween dragons with a potential modeling career:

Caligene

Grave

Black marrow

Cavern lurker

Desipis

Edit: okay I like pictures

user posted image

Edited by dirtytabs

Dear Tabs ..... I think the Despissies would be more the fashion designers and/or critics as they can literally control the minds of the fickle fashion industry. Of course, this might also cause the fashion world to expect this and line the runways with The magic muting dragon name here bouncers.

But then again, Despiss are still Despots and have scary brute-al strength. .... they could threaten to kill the audience. ....

I totally see a new way Despis do battle. ... Dragon Fashion Industry. Reality Show perhaps?

Who knew fashion was so deadly...

Edited by natayah

Hey thanks, Caelos!

The judge(s) in Dragon Fashion Industry would just pick winners based on "because I said so". This year's hot trend is potato sack sashes! I don't know why. I watched that reality show when the troupe came to town and for some reason they all just agreed with that giant, antlered judge. Strange.

Dragon Fashion Industry is a great name for a fantasy-themed hair metal band.

Say... now that it's been mentioned, has anyone been doing brute & desipis checkers? That's never come to my mind until now.

Omg that fish doe is so cute!! I love it. I totally burst out laughing when I saw it.

Can I request something (anything) with a red or yellow dino?

Slowly, slowly making my way through the requests

user posted image

I have a question for you because I'm too lazy to go through the lore AMA thread. Does a dragon understand a human's speech by

a) having to learn the language of the human

B) reading the human's mind because only one party has to be a telepath

c) using telepathy because humans are also telepaths

d) automatically understanding what's coming out of the human's mouth (!)

?

I'm not sure about the question, but the dino! I love it. I love that the dino is looking at them like 'what the heck are you guys up to?'

I haven't read much of the lore AMA thread, but personally I headcanon it as a mix of a) and B). I figure that the more intelligent breeds and/or oldest dragons have learned a variety of human tounges to converse in, but in instances where they don't understand human speech the dragon can convey information through pictures/emotions. Plus I imagine that there's a small bit of mind reading when speaking to non-dragons, though not enough to be too intrusive. Though now I wonder.. do young hatchlings have to learn telepathy (like sending thoughts to specific targets vs broadcasting to everyone, controlling their "volume", and sending across long distances) or is it a skill that they've mastered immediately after hatching?

Also, hopefully that Sunsong knows where to find some size 100 boots once they're done painting. XD

I have a question for you because I'm too lazy to go through the lore AMA thread. Does a dragon understand a human's speech by

a) having to learn the language of the human

cool.gif reading the human's mind because only one party has to be a telepath

c) using telepathy because humans are also telepaths

d) automatically understanding what's coming out of the human's mouth (!)

?

E) use Google translate.

I think it's a,b, and c. I'm not really sure though since in some stories they use telepathy (like the Christmas one with the blizzard) and others (like this past Valentine's Day) imply that they can just talk to you.

*Art Comment: That is a really well trained/behaved and/or nice sunsong. Where do I get one to paint my caves and fences?*

I think its a combo of B C and semi D. Because almost all (minus the dumb drakes who are like dogs so they would understand "commands" more than "language" and/or any weird mutations or very unusual birth or life circumstances) most everyone speaks the "Common Tongue". Most Humans speak "Common" and most dragons speak/think/whatever as well. If humans have other dialects, dragons probably know those too. Because dragons are usually smarter than people. I'm not going to factor in the less smart dragons (there was a conversation recently where Odie pointed out while Neos weren't the smartest in the barrel, they were certainly much smarter than drakes).

Even if humans use signs or whistles or other forms of communication, unless you learn to "shield" your mind or have anti-telepathy blocks or protections, they are going to understand spoken or thought or telepathic communication because your brain "thinks" in language before it says or communicates it. I'm not gonna factor in magic or blocks or weird Mana Morphed Human Bipeds that have some anti-dragon telepathy stuff. Those aren't "us" who collect the dragons or observe them. At least not atm.

But, that's going off a basic assumption of commonly understood things about telepathy, and that dragons have been stated to be as smart, if not smarter, than humans. And often times older, which means they have a lot more time to study and learn stuff if they want. Or if they are telepathic with other dragons, I would assume some stuff just gets passed around easily as long as they communicate or read or learn something and don't just stick their head and/or body like vines.

That said, just go copy and paste the question in AMA as I don't think its been asked yet.

Edited by natayah

Let's say the painting was the sunsong's idea. biggrin.gif

I'm leaning towards a), but having Google Translate would be awesome. Can you imagine one that you can dump your thoughts into, which writes out in whatever language you want your thoughts translated?

Though now I wonder.. do young hatchlings have to learn telepathy (like sending thoughts to specific targets vs broadcasting to everyone, controlling their "volume", and sending across long distances) or is it a skill that they've mastered immediately after hatching?

Maybe a few months after baby dragons have hatched, their "speech" is just a bunch of uncontrolled thoughts. Adults can be bombarded with confusing imagery and mental babble, but they begin to worry if their hatchling has lived [this] long without sharing any thoughts. I can't imagine them having telepathy immediately after hatching. Since they seem to like staying in their eggs, one that chatters could endanger itself. You have a large, bright potential sunny side up that stands out from its surroundings already, that makes a lot of noise...

user posted image

Edited by dirtytabs

They have to be so teeny humans can lie on top of them � la Totoro! That's what I think of them.

On the bright side, his next of kin can harvest al that glorious hair to SELL!

user posted image

I KNOW I'M LATE TO THE PARTY

BUT

I was going through your thread... and, and... I has Mere Cash :3

Still going through, but I just wanted to say - I love this thread haha. Your art is wonderful. Humor + dragons, you can't go wrong!

Edit: Read through the entire thread in one go. No ragrets.

Edited by Areous

No regrets!

That is not to say that I fully endorse reading entire threads in one sitting. /disclaimer

I see Mere Cash is working to continue her bloodline, too. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Omg I'm cracking up. That is just awesome! The boots are so big! And the guy trying to get that huge dino to cooperate.. Love it!