Obscure_Trash

April/Anagallis Breeding Plans

My first thought when I saw the female hatchling was to pair them with Canopies, since they're both green with blue socks. c: Royal Blues and possibly Tsunamis or Blue Gemshards look nice too.

As for the males, I'm thinking Royal Crimson, Fever Wyvern, Gold-Horned Tangar, or BBW.

It's a shame the Glory Drakes are Drakes because I think the 'masks' and poses on these guys would match the Glories nicely. *wistful sigh*

*bites nails*

Can't decide which looks nicer >_< And though it'll probably be a spiral I'd like a try a joint checker project with someone eventually.

user posted image

I think the female Anagallis and male Pyralspite (can't remember which one that is, I only know the Pyropes) look better. I don't really like how the orange and red look.

user posted image  user posted image

user posted image  user posted image

All your picks are just gorgeous, but these especially - wow!

user posted image

I didn't do any of the pyropes because I thought the colors would clash, but daaaaaang, these do look good.

~

Since someone posted it and I had been thinking about it:

Olive x Anagallis

Anagallis x Olive

I kind of like them with females, but they aren't in my favorite pairs.

I think I'll also try harvests by the end of the night. Maybe play with the other pyrope colors.

EDIT:

Asterisks by the ones I really like.

Anagallis x Blue Nebula

Anagallis x Brute*

Anagallis x Carmine

Anagallis x Harvest

Anagallis x Pyrope

Anagallis x Red Nebula

Anagallis x Spotted Greenwing*

Almandine x Anagallis

Brute x Anagallis

Harvest x Anagallis

Pyrope x Anagallis

Spotted Greenwing x Anagallis

Swallowtail x Anagallis

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Since Socky linked us up in the news thread I thought I'd post this here:

user posted image

biggrin.gif The ladies look very nice with green coppers. I'll probably try them with the other colors too at some point.

Here's another pairing that I considered back before TJ's hatchlings grew up:

user posted image

You know, I think I like it better than the horses. I wasn't sure when I saw the female adults, but it looks pretty nice now that I've put it together like this. happy.gif

Edited by Tehya Faye

Here's another pairing that I considered back before TJ's hatchlings grew up:

user posted image

You know, I think I like it better than the horses. I wasn't sure when I saw the female adults, but it look pretty nice now that I've put it together like this. happy.gif

Ew. Ew. Ew. Why is this so pretty!?

This is another pair I thought would clash but just looks fantastic.

I think the Sunsong really brings out the pink and gold of the Anagallis, and she's bright and vibrant enough to look great next to him. ^^

I think the Sunsong really brings out the pink and gold of the Anagallis, and she's bright and vibrant enough to look great next to him. ^^

It was a redundant question, but I appreciate the answer anyway! ^^

~

Oh, also, Fi - The_Bucket did an example with red coppers that's linked in the first post. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

So many beautiful pairings here! smile.gif

And I decided to do male Stripe x female Anagallis (assuming they might give 2G Blue Striped babies)

I think with the similarity in their poses Stripe & Anagallis look great together ^^

user posted image

And can we have this please? biggrin.gif

user posted image

I wish, Frills were my favorite dragon out of all of them. Anagallis x Frill looks so amazing.

The only other one I think I might breed them with is the plated. I might do a Frill Stairstep if others are willing to help with the CB Frill part smile.gif

user posted image 

Too pretty biggrin.gif Apart from that I like males with crimsons and harvests...

Females are a bit more tricky, however I have to admit that pairings with stripes, brutes and sunsongs look nice.

When mine are grown up, I'll try them with blacktips at first.

Oh, the male Anagallis x Holly couple looks gorgeous! smile.gif

As for the female Anagallis, I think, these ones are my favourite pairings so far:

user posted imageuser posted image

Gold/Anagallis: both have one of their forepaws raised which makes this pairing somewhat cute :3

Sunrise/Anagallis: unexpectedly, I really like this combo ohmy.gif. The Sunrise accentuates the pink of Anagallis (not very well seen in this pic) and makes for the softness of the overall lineage view.

Also I find these pairings pretty enough too:

user posted imageuser posted image

(the one with Swallowtails was done by SockPuppet Strangler)

Royal Crimson/Anagallis: beautiful contrast in color plus well-matching poses

Swallowtail/Anagallis: I like the play of Swallowtail's & Anagallis' similar color schemes here smile.gif

Edit: @pinkgothic oh, didn't notice that, my bad! That's good to know there're more people who like that pairing!

What I meant, is that I used the pic provided by SockPuppet Strangler wink.gif

Edited by Ae0nian

user posted image

Thats looks like they where made for each other!! gorgeous color combo!

The M x Holly and M x Frill checkers are gorgeous. *_* They're not possible for me, but I'm going to try these pairings (all from the provided lists, thanks for the suggestions!):

M x Red Nebula

M x Royal Crimson (done)

M x Pyrope

M x Spessartine

M x Terrae

M x Magi

F x Horse (done)

F x Almandine

F x Spessartine

F x Swallowtail

F x Tsunami

F x Terrae

F x Waterhorse

Oooh, some really pretty ideas here that I wouldn't have thought of. wub.gif

I'm sad that I don't have more than one CB Snow Angel now, because I'm liking the look of these two together...

I've got a feeling the dominant color may turn out to be green for stripe breeding, but I really, really hope that they'll breed red and blue ones now... Those patterns would be so gorgeous. *_*

I don't know how to do your grid pictures, but would somebody

show 4-gen of both genders Anagallis with White mates?

and also the female Anagallis with Radiant Angel?

Thanks