Stellaluna22

Mother's Day Mass Breeding Event

What dragon breeds should be bred?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mother's Day Mass Breeding Event! wub.gif

user posted image

What is it?: Mass breeding for Mother's Day, on May 10th, 2015.

Why?: To show that we all love and to show appreciation to our mothers! There are definitely mothers who play Dragon Cave so this will fit nicely wub.gif

I think this would be awesome, to show appreciation for mothers who raise and love their children.

Who wants to join in? biggrin.gif

Selected Dragon breeds:

Pink

Purple

Red

Spring Seasonal!

Total bred eggs count:

Pink: ~239

Purple: ~81

Red: ~239

Spring Seasonal: ~103

Fails/kins: ~45

(List will be updated when members post their amounts).

Edited by Stellaluna22

Would love to join this! Suggesting Day Glory drakes and Swallowtail dragons. :3

I will join this. My army of pinks would love this!

As a mother of 2, I think this such a cute, generous, and sweet idea! (Maybe even have the older members breed their rare dragons like Gold to give us newbies a chance. wink.gif )

Aww, thank you happy.gif

I completely agree! Good thing my rares come off breeding cooldown in time for this event too!

Should we breed a few days prior to Mother's Day, so on the actual day, the AP is filled with doom the lovely bred eggs? biggrin.gif

Are there any flower-type Dragons that would go well?

You mean like the new release? :0

Dark green, seasonal, and rosebud are pretty flowery.

Yeah, rosebuds won't beget rosebuds this time of year, but if someone has some nice lineages, sharing the mate's breed would be nice.

Edited by dirtytabs

Dark green can be a bit debatable as it kills other flowers and stuff o.o

Seasonal for sure! Those are lovely! But isn't rosebud a holiday, unless I am wrong?

I suggest Moonstones - they are gentle and beautiful, I believe they'd fit the event perfectly. :3

Count me in! :D I'll definitely be breeding all my Purples and Pinks on the 10th (that way their eggs were laid on the actual holiday), and it's nice to see one of the Drake breeds getting some love~ :3

Though like in past breeding events, maybe it would be best to limit this one to just 3 or 4 breeds that fit the theme? Pinks and Purples, because both of them are associated with breeding/raising young (I'd suggest Coppers, too, because their breed description mentions them taking in eggs/hatchlings that aren't their own, but I don't think a massbreed of them would go over well... Seeing as they're so rare.) Spring Seasonals because they'd represent flowers, and then Day Glories because they're colorful and sunny. ^-^

Especially since the DC Birthday Avatar breeding is the Friday before this. Just a thought, not trying to step on anyone else's toes. c:

Alright, so, Ive added a poll with several breeds to choose from.

The top 5 dragon breeds with the most votes will be chosen for this event. I'll choose next Thursday (3 days before Mother's Day!)

I'll join. I agree with Denwayasha to maybe cut the number of breeds down since there is a mass breeding just two days before and having 5 breeds seems like an awful lot--especially since people who have been here longer may have more to breed. For example, I have over 50 pinks. And that's just one of the suggested breeds.

I'd like to do this.

Is it possible to get PM'd a reminder?

I think pinks and purples would be the best for this, because... idk I just do.

Also the new release dragon. smile.gif

I can try the PM thing smile.gif

I might limit the breeds to 3 or 4 instead of 5.

As for the new release, it's not very Mother's Day-ish even if it has flowers on it. :L

I will join in, I am a mother of two and my kids have scrolls of their own so i will poke them to join in as well.

Since I don't really believe in mothers-day as a holiday a reminder might not be a bad thing though, I tend to ignore the holiday and apparently i am the only mother in the world who does not appreciate the special attention on just one day of the year.

It is my belief that everybody should be nice and loving to their mothers all the year around because mothers are special on every day of the year and not just on m-day.

I have a list of people wanting a reminder on the first post now.

Please specify if you want a reminder a few days before the event or on the day of the event!

I would prefer a reminder on the day before. (or midnight cavetime but that might be too much to ask)

PM notifications go to my email which i read on my phone so that will give me plenty of time.

(Midnight cavetime is about 6 AM in my timezone)

Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm going to take my own choice of dragons to breed as a tribute to mothers during mother's day.

Tri-horned Wyverns; Their social structure reminds me of wolves. Wolves are fiercely loyal of the pack, which is a family composed of the breeding couple and their pups from several generations. Occassionally dispersed wolves will join the pack, but mainly that's the structure we find. Not only that but wolf society is quiet egalitarian, which I think it is an important factor. Unfortunately, in this mother's day, women all around the world are still struggling to achieve equality with their male counterparts.

So the ferocious tri-horned lady is my first choice.

Guardians; They are protectors. In their description it is stated they protect hatchlings and eggs, which I think is an important mother role. In many species, ranging from bears, to crocodiles, to big cats, mothers will ferociously protect their children. Humans are pack animals, females have always protected the cubs, so I think the guardian represents those female traits. Peaceful unless provoked, ferocious protector of the pack.

Embers; The same as the tri-horn, these dragons are loyal pack animals that will ferociously protect their group. I think that it represents one of the traits I mostly value in some humans, loyalty, courage and integrity.

Hellfire wyverns; Because until very recently women all around the world have been submitted to patriarchal societies, in some cases merely considered as breeding stock. These dragon lives in matriarchal societies, so, for one day, it is nice to think they don't neccesarily have to be relegated to their usual, inferior position.

Sorry if I'm not keen to going with the typical flowers and pink and stuff, but I think fragility is not a mother's trait. A mother goes through 9 years of pregnancy, labor and the raising of the cub, breastfeeding it, with the strain this supposes to the body. If they're something, is anything but fragile like a flower (I am aware flowers are not always fragile, but culturally they are atributed such traits).

As a Mom who plays DC with her daughter, I love this idea!!! (My three boys are all LOL players.)

I personally have a passion for Black Teas but my daughter isn't a pink girl so she votes for anything purple. LOL

Please add me to the list to be reminded. Thanks!

Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm going to take my own choice of dragons to breed as a tribute to mothers during mother's day.

Tri-horned Wyverns; Their social structure reminds me of wolves. Wolves are fiercely loyal of the pack, which is a family composed of the breeding couple and their pups from several generations. Occassionally dispersed wolves will join the pack, but mainly that's the structure we find. Not only that but wolf society is quiet egalitarian, which I think it is an important factor. Unfortunately, in this mother's day, women all around the world are still struggling to achieve equality with their male counterparts.

So the ferocious tri-horned lady is my first choice.

Guardians; They are protectors. In their description it is stated they protect hatchlings and eggs, which I think is an important mother role. In many species, ranging from bears, to crocodiles, to big cats, mothers will ferociously protect their children. Humans are pack animals, females have always protected the cubs, so I think the guardian represents those female traits. Peaceful unless provoked, ferocious protector of the pack.

Embers; The same as the tri-horn, these dragons are loyal pack animals that will ferociously protect their group. I think that it represents one of the traits I mostly value in some humans, loyalty, courage and integrity.

Hellfire wyverns; Because until very recently women all around the world have been submitted to patriarchal societies, in some cases merely considered as breeding stock. These dragon lives in matriarchal societies, so, for one day, it is nice to think they don't neccesarily have to be relegated to their usual, inferior position.

Sorry if I'm not keen to going with the typical flowers and pink and stuff, but I think fragility is not a mother's trait. A mother goes through 9 years of pregnancy, labor and the raising of the cub, breastfeeding it, with the strain this supposes to the body. If they're something, is anything but fragile like a flower (I am aware flowers are not always fragile, but culturally they are atributed such traits).

What a beautiful post!!!

I definitely agree! And everyone is more than welcome to breed what they think fits!

Missed the Earth Day event, so I'll join this one too. Please send me a reminder.

FYI: I was in the hospital.

What a sweet idea! Count me in and if you'll put me on the reminder list, I'd appreciate it.

People who have requested to be added to the list have been added ^.^

And wow, we have so many votes in such a short amount of time. Thank you everyone for the suggestions happy.gif