Zeditha

DC Spiral

I was just thinking about spirals, and how nice they look. Then I thought about how many lovely sprites we have here at DC. And finally I figured - hey, why not do a spiral that includes every single DC sprite?

Then I realised that because Drakes and Pygmies and Two-heads and Unbreedables, this was impossible. -.- but we can get close!

So here are the things.

- lineage starts with one CB GoN. (since they can't be obtained by breeding.)

- The GoN will be bred to a CB dragon without dimorphism.

- Hopefully, the child will be an Avatar, and gender oppositely to the GoN.

- Breed the Avatar to another non-dimorphism dragon that produces a different avatar, and continue until all Avatars are achieved.

- Then we breed in each of the Prizes. For this we will require people with CB Prizes they are willing to breed.

- We breed the rest of the non-dimorphic dragons to the spiral, keeping the Prize in the center.

- Finally we breed in the dimorphic dragons, keeping the center dragon as the new dragon to see each sprite.

The order can change, but I think that this lineage would look quite nice!

Who's in?

Reserved for a progress list.

You can post now! biggrin.gif just an interest check for now.

That sounds like a great idea. (Thought about something like that myself, but never got very far. wink.gif ) I'd like to help if it takes flight, but I have no CB Prizes, and only the (CB) Holidays from Cavern Lurker onwards.

For the first pair you could use a Green or a White. They were among the very first breeds DC started with, produce Avatars and don't have dimorphism.

Where would you put Alts and Hybrids, if at all? But you do have Avatars already ...

Weaving in the Dark Green would kind of require the offspring to alt.

Blacks basically have 4 adult versions, as do Nebulas and Undines.

Stripeds could be put somewhere between the Avatar and the Prizes?

Horse & Hellfire: Hellfire features dimorphism, as does Hellhorse.

Purple & Spitfire: Purple features dimorphism, as does Ultraviolet.

Green & Stone: Geode has dimorphism.

Water & Magi: Water has dimorphism, as does Goldfish.

Skywing & Deep Sea: Bluna has dimorphism. (Why don't I put that word on the clipboard already?)

White & Daydream: Daydream features that thing, as does Soulpeace.

It's nice to see that this gained so much interest smile.gif

New idea: Let's have the dragons in order of their release!

With alts, we can just have the dragon that alts in the centre for three generations. So, say we have our Avatar from the spiral, and we want to weave in Blacks next. We breed the Avatar to a CB Black, which hopefully doesn't alt. We then breed the Black to a non-dimorphic dragon and hope it alts, and then to another to get a second alt. (Or hope the first one alts.)

I hope that makes sense.

I'll get to work on the research side now, and then I'll try making a spreadsheet!

There will be forms up soon for anyone interested.

EDIT - it seems the first breedable dragons released were Greens, Blacks, Whites and Mints.

I have no CB Greens, but I have one CB of each of the others. Guess what? They're all female. -.-

Also, for those with no CB Prizes, don't worry. (Well I have none and I'm still trying to set this up.. xd.png) If you happen to have a CB Metallic of any kind, that would still be exceedingly helpful! In fact, I might even need help obtaining Uncommons. -.-

Oh, and Fails can be kept, gifted or abandoned. They aren't an official part of the project.

Edited by Zeditha

Count me in, Zed ;D

I might have some stuffs, and *maybe* a CB Copper, though unlikely.

I can help with some metallicses ... just might take a little longer to get metallic eggs from them, as usual xd.png

*raises hand*

I have a CB Male Silver I could help contribute to this line. I know how hard it is to get CB metallics (for me, it excludes CB Golden Wyverns and CB Coppers simply because I see WAY too many of those!), and I also have a CB Golden wyvern male I can breed too.

Most of my prize dragons and metallics are annoyingly male >.> oh well

Sounds like this could be sort of fun. I think I have at least one male and female CB of just about every breed in the cave except Hollies and Prizes.

- Finally we breed in the dimorphic dragons, keeping the center dragon as the new dragon to see each sprite.

I'm not sure if I understand this part correctly, but if I do, I'm afraid it's not going to work. If the new CB dragon you breed into the lineage is female, then the offspring will also have to be female, because the next CB dragon will be male, so it's not possible to add the male and female sprite of a breed in one step.

(Example lineage planning screenshot)

ETA

... I just noticed that you didn't mention doing it in only one step per breed, so maybe you already planned for two generations per dimorphic breed, in that case... ignore me. biggrin.gif

Edited by Confused Cat

It's nice to see that this gained so much interest smile.gif

New idea: Let's have the dragons in order of their release!

[...]

I'm afraid that would bring complications. At least that's where I left my idea of such a project. (Also because I don't have the older CB holiday dragons, but also because of this.) Because Valentine's and Christmas dragons come in one gender only, they would probably mess up the spiral at some point, if you go strictly by order of release. Or do I miss something there ?

I could contribute anything except:

CB Prizes

CB Alts or Hybrids (But finding anyone who owns one and would like to participate would solve an Alt/Hybrid problem.)

CB Silvers

CB retired breeds (Frill and Bright Pink)

CBs from holidays before the Cavern Lurkers

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I wouldn't have the Spiral being strictly in order of release. The aim here is to get at least one instance of every single DC adult sprite in the lineage. I realise that due to things like Drakes, Pygmies, Two-headeds and Unbreedables, this is impossible, but the revised aim is to have every possible sprite.

I also plan three extra spirals - Drakes, Pygmies and Two-headeds.

So, here's the aim: To get a spiral including every 'normal' adult dragon sprite.

For sake of argument, we can do this either by rainbow, which would look nicer but get mucked up with every new release, or by order of release, which would simply require the new additions to be bred in at the end. I chose order of release because I want this to be an ongoing project for as long as releases continue on DC.

I'm going to be on the search for CB Greens, Whites, Blacks or Mints. Hopefully I can gain a CB male Green and a CB male of one of the other three breeds, which would allow me to begin the Spiral.

I'll let everyone know as soon as I have an egg!

@Zeditha:

Ah. If that was meant by order of release then it should work just fine. smile.gif

Best of luck with your search (when the new release eggs hatch, hopefully the AP will be full of low time eggs, including CB Greens and Mints at least) !

So for dragons without dimorphism their sprite wont necessarily ever end up in the centre, right? Other than the breeding of Avatars though, should each centre dragon usually be the breed of its CB parent?

If that's the case it might be an idea to make sure rarity-changes aren't in too large steps, or you're going to end up with some poor soul trying to get a Gold out of a Blacktip or some other such torture.

Luckily, all cave-available metallics have dimorphism, so you only ever need to throw a CB of each gender at the spiral and never worry about their offspring.

Likewise, Blusangs.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

So whatever ends up being paired with Metallics will probably end up showing up 2 or more times in the centre of the spiral? Doesn't that run the risk of ending up with one very common breed running right down the centre for a long way?

I suspect that there will always be a newer very common breed to beat the current one.

I'm pretty confident that this spiral will work out in some way. Even if we get stuck somewhere, the previous steps aren't lost anyway, and we can go back as necessary and continue from there. I'm hoping for this spiral to fork out on many scrolls ^^

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I suspect that there will always be a newer very common breed to beat the current one.

^This. If we are starting with the oldest breeds it shouldn't be a huge problem. The dragons that are horribly dominant in breeding are mostly the newest breeds. Hopefully by the time the line gets to them the ratios will have settled a bit.

I really like this idea! I'm missing a lot of Cb's due to a few years of absence.. But I do have: 4 CB frilled dragons, 2 CB Bright pinks, 2 CB pumpkins, 1 CB Yulebuck, 1 CB green copper And that's about it for rares.. I have lots of common cb's though.. 😀 just give me an egg And tell me what to breed with it! cool.gif

Wow, there are Frill owners interested too? This is more than I hoped for! smile.gif

My quest for CBs of the four original dragons has, unfortunately, yielded none of them. I did spot a Mint, but it was lineaged. -.-

I have a female Frill - luckily, they don't have dimorphism biggrin.gif

I have CBs of both genders of everything except discontinued/older holidays. I can help with any of the metals. smile.gif

Might I suggest that when we spiral up to a bit rarer dragons before we get to the metals? Because breeding shinies from some of the very commons (even the bit older ones, like black teas!) is a serious pain in the butt! However, if we went, say very common to common to uncommon to rare and finally to very rare, it would be much easier.