Aphe

Cloud Symphony Lineage

Do all dragons have to descend from cloud symphony and last cloud? I'm presuming not since the little blurb at the beginning mentioned something about doing what you do and making a pair and passing along their kin. What are the rules for making your own pair, by the way? Are there specific naming rules I missed (edit: just include "Cloud" in name?) I'm guessing one of the parents must be a blusang, ya? wink.gif

I apologise for double posting, I couldn't figure out how to multiquote. x:

I will eventually have two pairs:

Cloud Symphony x Last Cloud, and

Cloud Atlas x (TBA)

It was originally just going to be Cloud Symphony and Last Cloud but since creating a mixed lineage is fine and I am totally okay with breeding either Cloud Symphony to another dragon of another breed(?) or Last Cloud to another breed (etc.) if someone needs for their project, an issue with rejection came to my attention (and with some dragons that's fine, but with certain dragons - like my heartstealer - is not fine) so now I'll have two pairs of foundation Blusangs and your line has to trace back to at least one of them.

So you can take a gen2 from me (or a gen 3, or a gen10 from another one of our breeders that - yes - descends from one of my four (currently two) CBs) and breed them to a CB Blusang of your own, or a dragon of another breed, that would be perfectly fine since their offspring will trace back to my founding dragons. However, if you breed two CB blusangs together or (or to any other dragons not related to my own), their offspring will not be apart of Cloud Symphony. As a family lineage, it doesn't matter how high the generation is, all of the offspring must trace back to my dragons. I hope this makes sense. Am I being clear? I'm more a visual person myself... so articulating without visual props is tough. xd.png

Also, as for your question about the pairings and Blusangs being a parent, as a breeder... Well, this lineage is based on Blusangs, so we breed Blusangs and we gift Blusangs. If you have a mixed lineage, any of the offspring that doesn't turn out to be a Blusang can't be gifted through this thread (but you can, of course, gift it or trade it outside of this thread). So if you decide to stray from having at least one Blusang parent, just be aware that... we deal with Blusangs. xd.pngD I don't have anything more to say about it at this time since this lineage is to encourage experimenting. So I'm not opposed so long as you stay true to this lineage.

Only Blusangs that are related to my Blusangs must have "Cloud" included in their name. Non-related Blusangs or mixed offspring that don't turn out to be a Blusang are not to have "Cloud" in their name, but you can include the name "Symphony" to (related) mixed offspring if you want to stay in theme but that's entirely optional.

-Really hopes this helps.- If I made you any more confused, let me know.

Edited by Aphe

Ok, cool. Makes sense smile.gif I think I'll lurk/stalk this thread for awhile before officially joining if that's okay. Happy to see such a promising Blusang lineage in the works smile.gif

No pressure. ^^ Hope to see you around, whether or not you join us as a breeder. (: (And thank you very much, heh heh.)

Ha ha, no worries. We all have our moments (and it was a great a concern, actually! I think it helped to clarify). I don't imagine there to be any breeder cap, to be honest. This is meant to be a rather fun and liberal project for anyone to enjoy. -Grins- If you find that you miss the sign-ups again, just PM me and we'll work something out. I look forward to seeing you again! (Also: thank you.)

Alright, thanks. I look forward to contributing to this project once a spot opens up. happy.gif You're welcome! smile.gif

One of my 3 CB Blusangs gendered female!

Aphe, can you please send me the founder pair's egg? happy.gif I hope it will be male!

<3

Someone brought an interesting point regarding names... So I have edited that particular rule to try and clarify:

Breeders must have "Cloud" somewhere in their (Blusang) Cloud offspring's name. This pertains only to descendants (any generation if belonged to a breeder) of Cloud Symphony, Last Cloud, Cloud  Atlas, and Coda Cloud. Other CB Blusangs and mixed-bred Cloud Offspring that are not Blusangs should not have "Cloud" in their names. If you'd like, you can include "Symphony" in aforementioned's (CB & non-Blusang) names but that is completely optional. Please note: that using a synonym for "Cloud" or even a specific type of cloud in lieu of the actual word "Cloud" does not qualify for Blusang (Cloud) descendants.

So the 2nd gen descendant of Cloud Symphony and Last Cloud has successfully gendered male! Let's hope he likes Starlight Skies, my Caveborn female!

censorkip.gif!!!! sad.gif

I tried breeding Moonrise Clouds and Starlight Skies together, but they straight up refused! I even used fertility on Moonrise Clouds too! sad.gif

This is the first time in ages I've had a refusal...darn...gotta wait another week *cries*

A straight refusal or did they just show no interest? Because if it is outright refusal you'll need another mate.

Straight refusal.

What I meant by wait another week is for waiting another week to try to breed Moonrise Clouds to another CB Female. >_<

@Stella: Once Laura-Lana has an egg, I'll give you another purebred from Cloud Atlas & Coda Cloud if you're interested, Stella. That'll be in approximately 8 days, though. (If Atlas and Coda don't reject each other, that is. xd.png)

That'd be awesome, thank you!

Would I be allowed to breed it to Moonrise Clouds (the other founder pair's firstborn)?

Yeah, of course. This lineage allows inbreeding, although if you were to pair an offspring of Symphony&Last to an offspring of Atlas&Coda, you wouldn't be inbreeding so if that's a concern then... no worries. \m/ (At least for that generation.)

I generally avoid inbreeding, since it seems sorta..."gross".

Fun fact: I have no inbreds and have never inbred anything before. I intend to keep this up for a while longer xd.png

If you haven't already seen my PM, I'd like to do a descending & ascending staircase for the founder pairs' firstborns. 1 ascending for the 2nd pair, 1 descending for the first pair.

Ha ha ha, -nods-.

OK. I'll take this as your answer then.

Straight refusal.

What I meant by wait another week is for waiting another week to try to breed Moonrise Clouds to another CB Female. >_<

---

Ouch - Maybe she prefers being the mate of their grandchild.

UGH..........

Moonrise Clouds didn't produce an egg with his mate, Sunset's Oceans, but they are compatible at least.

Sorry guys >.< this isn't going too well

Ha ha, yeah, my heartstealer is being rather rebellious as well. Unfortunately both you and Laura will have to wait another week until we see (hopefully) any results. (And the reason for that is is because I forgot Stella wanted an egg from Cloud Atlas, who I used for the heart stealer, and yes.. xd.png Whups.)

That being said, I'll open applications for just one more breeder this week. Progeny can be a purebred from Cloud Atlas & Last Cloud, or from either or. first come first serve.

Oh my goodness, the banner and lineage idea are amazing! ohmy.gif Now that I look at them, Blusangs sort of do look like cloud filled skies :3 If and/or when would be an opportune time to request an egg? ^^; Just wanting to know as I don't want to fill out a form if the list(s) are full ^^;

Hello, fluffy pillow! Just fill out the form and you'll have one (hopefully, my dragons hate me, LOL) next Tuesday!

P.S. Thank you!

Sorry for the delay. :> I will be visiting once a week for a little while but my activity shall pick back up soon.

P.P.S. Coda's & Atlas' first egg has been spewed out! And it goes to Stella... It's in your inbox.

Edited by Aphe

So Starlight Skies really did like Moonrise Clouds' son instead of Moonrise Clouds himself ;P

First try, too! Minutes after he grew up I bred him and an egg was produced!

Purrttyyy

Lineage has been a bit quiet lately xd.png

Moonrise Clouds can breed once more. Anyone want an egg? owo