Aphe

Cloud Symphony Lineage

user posted image
  • user posted image
Welcome to the Cloud Symphony family lineage! This lineage is primarily an artistic lineage where colour palettes and possibly shapes are meant to be explored. The blue and beige on a Blusang reminds me a summery blue sky speckled by Clouds, hence the name "Cloud." Maybe you think the colour palettes of a blusang would look great when contrasted by the Balloon dragon's warm pink and creamy white palette. Or perhaps you like that monochrome look of a Silver Shimmerscale when next to the Blusang. If you just want a purebred line, that's perfectly fine. You can even do what I do by making a pair and passing along their kin. The point of this lineage is to encourage you to invest your time in something you think will be interesting to yourself and possibly to others. If you have an idea, fly with it!

As a family line, all progeny will lead back to at least one of the following:

(Cloud Symphony)user posted image user posted image(Last Cloud)

( Reserved )

(Cloud Atlas)user posted image user posted image(Coda Cloud)

( Ready on Tuesday, June 2nd. )

• • •

user posted image

user posted image Update: None available at this time! D:

• • •

user posted image

• So you might be wondering about the rules and regulations...
Only breeders (partners or soloists) of Cloud Symphony will receive a (or a pair of) Gen2 Blusang(s) from Cloud Symphony, Last Cloud, Cloud Atlas, and/or Coda Cloud. An individual can have up to 2 pairs (4 total) for now. One to start with and another when able.

Breeders may gift their progeny to non-breeders (gen3's and up), but Gen2's may not be re-gifted to anyone. Gen2's come from me only. Offenders of this rule will be permanently banned from participating in this lineage.

Breeders must have "Cloud" somewhere in their (Blusang) Cloud offspring's name. This pertains only to descendants (any generation if belonged to a breeder) of Cloud Symphony, Last Cloud, Cloud Atlas, and Coda Cloud. Other CB Blusangs and mixed-bred Cloud Offspring that are not Blusangs should not have "Cloud" in their names. If you'd like, you can include "Symphony" in aforementioned's (CB & non-Blusang) names but that is completely optional. Please note: that using a synonym for "Cloud" or even a specific type of cloud in lieu of the actual word "Cloud" does not qualify for Blusang (Cloud) descendants. Plural form ("Clouds") is fine.

To become a breeder, you must have at least 20 adult dragons.

No one will ever receive anything higher than a gen2 from me. If you want a gen3 or higher, contact one of the listed breeders.

No killing (eggs, hatchies, or adults), please.

Yes, you may freeze your hatchies if they are gen3 and higher, but Gen2 hatchies may not be frozen. Offenders of this rule will be permanently banned from participating in this lineage.

Mixed lineages and inbreds are allowed. Any type of lineage formation (even experimental/muddy) is acceptable. A breeder must specify if he or she is working on a lineage of inbreds or mixed breeds and be conscious as well as courteous to those wanting a Cloud (be it a fellow breeder or guest) and whether they do or don't want a Cloud of a particular lineage (i.e. inbred).

As we are primarily breeding Blusangs (mixed or no), only Blusangs of Cloud lineage may be gifted in this thread.

Guests: You may specify what sort of lineage you'd like (or not like) in the form given below but not generation. If you fill out a form inquiring to have a Cloud and a breeder offers you a tradelink, and you (so that I know you've read this, please state your favourite book, game, famous quote, or idiom - whichever one most applies to you) ignore their PM for two days, you will be suspended from the thread for 15 days. Second offence is a month. Third offence leads to ban. Communication is key. If you're egglocked, talk to the breeder to work something out. The breeder has every right to not accept offered negotiations and take the offered egg elsewhere. If you need to decline, there won't be any negative consequences. However, if it comes to our attention that it's repetitive and selective behaviour, you'll be given a warning. Following offences will be met with suspension. The only time you may decline a tradelink given to you without any consequence is if the breeder disregarded your request, such as trying to give you mixed Blusang when you asked for a purebred.

These rules are subjected to evolving over time but hopefully they don't accumulate. X D .

user posted image
Cloud Symphony banner!
[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=168109][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/d1BPAi7.gif][/URL]

Edited by Aphe

user posted image

Aphe (Foundation)

Cloud Symphony Last Cloud

Cloud Atlas Coda Cloud

Stellaluna22 (Pure Staircase Descend)

Lineage

Laura-Lana (Heartstealer Checker)

BREEDER SLOTS ARE CURRENTLY FILLED UP. PLEASE COME BACK IN 14 DAYS FOR 2 MORE OPENED POSITIONS. Thank you.

• • •

user posted image

• I've never done a lineage before. I prefer collecting over breeding, actually, but I love to share and see what's being done with the dragons that I bred and gave away (is that weird?), so I thought this might be fun! I've read the rules but I'm not sure 100% sure (and I'm not sure what I'm unsure about to boot, ha ha), so if you have any comments, suggestions, et cetera, please PM me.

Thanks.

• • •

user posted image

"Can we request a different mate for Cloud Symphony OR Last Cloud?"
  • You may, and need only ask. However, there may be some underlying issues that will hinder certain pairings. For one, I am a rather particular collector, and a new one at that. I will struggle obtaining CB versions of certain rares like Prizes, Avatars, Guardian of Nature, et cetera for the time being so at this point in time I can frankly say that I cannot pair up with those dragons. Holiday dragons may be an issue, too, as I joined shortly before Valentine's 2015.
Nevertheless, if it's obtainable and I don't have it, ask me! I'll get it so I can breed to your needs. "Why are the breeding slots already filled up?"
  • This lineage will go through intervals of opening slots for people to join us as breeders and closing so that those very breeders can receive their eggs. It takes awhile because this is a family lineage so your dragons' offsprings must trace back to the foundation dragons: Cloud Symphony, Last Cloud, Cloud Atlas, (and the next one!). I personally don't want any of you to have to wait weeks or more just to receive an egg (let alone two). This is why - after welcoming two new breeders - we will be closing sign-ups for 7-14 days. I'd also like to have one pair of foundation dragons ready to breed by the time sign-ups reopen. Please note that you are always welcome to join us. If you find you missed the opportunity on multiple occasions, PM me to let me know and we'll work something out. Thank you.
"How does this lineage work? Are my dragons supposed to be descendants of yours?"
  • As this is a family lineage, all Cloud offspring must trace back to at least
one of the founding dragons listed and linked above (there are two at current: Cloud Symphony and Last Cloud. There will be four eventually.). You may pair your Gen2+ Clouds with other dragons, you may even pair them up with CB Blusangs of your own, but regardless: the line needs to trace back to at least one of the founding Clouds. If a founding Cloud is not in your dragon's lineage, then the corresponding dragon is not part of the Cloud Symphony lineage. "If I make a mixed line, can I give away the offspring that aren't Blusangs in this thread?"
  • No, not in this thread but you can in trading/gifting threads and PMs that are "unofficially" unrelated to this thread. The Cloud Symphony lineage is based on Blusangs. We breed Blusangs, trade Blusangs, gift Blusangs. However, what you decide to do with a non-Blusang Cloud descendant is up to you.
Edited by Aphe

user posted image

Forum Name Scroll Name (link): Aphe, Aphe

20+ Dragons? Yes!

Project Aspirations: I plan to be a typical breeder. I'll have my founding pairs and give their children to prospective breeders for them to breed and give to other aspiring breeders or those who are simply interested in having a cloud. Our breeders are more than welcome to start little personal projects pertaining to their Clouds as well.

[img=https://i.imgur.com/L82ALqr.png]
[list][b]Forum Name [COLOR=#8BE0FC]•[/COLOR] Scroll Name:[/b]
[b]20+ Dragons?[/b]
[b]Project Aspirations:[/b]
[/list]

user posted image

Generation: 2

Lineage: (Link)

For who? Stellaluna22

[img=https://i.imgur.com/RWDq88z.png]
[list][b]Generation:[/b]
[b]Lineage:[/b] [url=](Link)[/url]
[b]Status:[/b] Purebred, mixed lineage, inbred, et cetera.
[b]For who?[/b] Fellow breeders or anyone?
[/list]

user posted image

(For those that are not breeders in Cloud Symphony and don't wish to be.)

Forum Name (profile or PM link) Scroll Name (link): ExampleGuest, ExampleGuest

Dead eggs?! No way!

Preferred Lineage: "Purebred spiral would be great."

[img=https://i.imgur.com/vg7dMyV.png] 
[list][b]Forum Name [COLOR=#8BE0FC]•[/COLOR] Scroll Name:[/b] 
[b]Dead eggs?![/b]
[b]Preferred Lineage[/b]: Lineage formation (e.g. staircase), inbred (if we have a breeder who caters) yes/no, purebreed, mixed breed, et cetera.
[/list]

user posted image

Giver: Breeder's name!

Recipient: Your name!

Lineage: (Pseudo Link)

(Note to Breeders: If the recipient of your egg/hatchie doesn't post this form within 2 days of a successful transaction, use the second form listed in this post and state to whom it went to in the "For who?" field. Thank you.)

[img=https://i.imgur.com/oh5Or5T.png]
[list][b]Giver:[/b]
[b]Recipient:[/b] 
[b]Lineage:[/b] 
[/list]

Edited by Aphe

Ooooo! A new lineee! I'd love to join! Blusangs are gorgeous! Can I be a breeder? I don't have any blusangs, however.

I can remove this post if you aren't done.

Edited by Stellaluna22

You may! I just finished this now so we're all set. (Don't fret over filling out a form as you've posted this before I finished. Your message is well heard!) I've PM'd you. (: Thank you for taking interest!

Thank you for letting me be a breeder ^.^

I might do a purebred line instead of a checker/stairstep. I like hunting for CB Blusangs. I need something to hunt for, after spending about 2 weeks stalking the forest biome to find my leetle tree (missing 2 in the process, with the third being three times the charm tree).

Blusangs are absolutely gorgeous and adorable when hatchlings too! <3333

Right on. \m/ (And congratulations.) Let me know what your final decision is and I'll update the thread.

And I completely agree, cough.

I am sort of interested. Bluesangs look gorgeous, though I have to admit the dragons I associate with cloud are daydream dragons.

Still, my naming sheme for Bluesangs is pretty flexible so I can include Cloud.

What I want to know is if the 2nd gens you are giving out will be offspring of Cloud Symphony AND Last Cloud or if we can request a different mate for Cloud Symphony OR Last Cloud?

I am inclined to do a stair with another breed or maybe a checker lineage (haven't quite decided yet), but not if the base is a purebreed pair.

Edit: After giving this some more thought I've decided the lineage I'd like to do the most would be a checker bluesang with heartstealers.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ha ha, I figured Daydreams and Blusangs would be a popular pair in this lineage just because of the name, actually. Which is fine if that's what someone is interested in.

At the moment, I only planned for Cloud Symphony & Last Cloud to be the foundation, mainly because I myself am a particular (and somewhat new) collector and may not have you want. For instance, if you wanted a checker with a prize dragon, I couldn't do that. I don't have any CB prizes.

If it was a request I could fulfill at that point in time, I'd be happy to comply whether the founding Blusang be Cloud Symphony or Last Cloud. If they reject their potential partners, it would have to wait. So I suppose it depends on the person and whether they're willing to gamble and possibly wait. Great question, by the way.

So to be curt: yes, I'm fine with giving them other mates of other breeds but one or the other will be the founding Blusang.

Edit: I have a heartstealer. I'll try to breed Cloud Symphony and my heartstealer next week if you're interested. Hopefully the work.

Triple Edit: For future reference (I'll add this to the thread), if one of our breeders tells me they'd like a certain breed for either of CS or LC that I don't have at that time, I have no qualms with acquiring a dragon of said species if possible.

Edited by Aphe

Awesome smile.gif Okay here it goes

user posted image

Forum Name Scroll Name (link): Laura-Lana (both Forum and scroll name)

20+ Dragons? I have 8 pages worth of dragons so I think I qualify wink.gif

Project Aspirations: Checker with Heartstealers (yes, I know it's going to be very slow project, I'l probably do an additional even gen where the heartstealers are only in the base to pass the time.)

Edited by Laura-Lana

All right! How exciting. Welcome! I look forward to seeing. -Grins-

To aspiring breeders: positions are current locked. Come back in 14 days when two more open up! Feel free to message me in the meantime.

Edited by Aphe

Well that was certainly quick, I just got a Blusang egg. I should hopefully be able to influence this egg and the other egg I'm getting.

My rare hunting streak is still going on, as it seems.

Oh no, my female pink is still on 6 days of cooldown >.< both my male pinks are too, but one comes off cooldown at 4 days for the egg...hopefully some people from Influence For Me can help :3

I'll just fog the egg till 4-5 days left, and decide which gender to influence it later. Probably female though, I like purebred descending stairsteps.

I'd love to be able to use that Cloud Symphony sig you have ^.^ can I get the code for it, please?

Edited by Stellaluna22

Congratulations! \o/ I've sent the Gen2 egg your way. Uninfluenced (sorry). I can hold onto it for a little longer and influence it male if you need. (And you likely know this, but you need to use an egg of any generation that that traces back to any of my listed blusangs in order for it to count toward this lineage, regardless of what they're paired with. (: )

Lineage sig:

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=168109][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/d1BPAi7.gif][/URL]

Anyway, sounds great. I'll update the thread.

Thank you! happy.gif If you haven't already seen my PM responding to it, I would LOVE it if you influenced it male. My male pink comes off cooldown in 3 days, but by the time I try to influence it, the egg would be below the time limit for influences.

Hopefully at least one of the two CB blusangs I have will gender female, so we'll have the first PB pair for this line smile.gif I can't wait to start gifting back!

And yes, I have made my final decision, I will breed purebreds for this line!

This looks really interesting. I adore Blusangs, but the rules have me a bit confused. I am interested in becoming a breeder for this, but the breeder slots are already filled up? huh.gif

I guess the breeder thing is sort of like a first-come, first-apply thing. Aphe only wanted 2-3 breeders for now, especially since all pairings can be traced back to Aphe's founder pair (Cloud Symphony & Last Cloud), and eggs can take a while dry.gif (ugh, no interest/no eggs bred are so annoying sometimes!)

Well that is understandable, but still really disappointing. I was real excited when I was reading this and looking forward to signing up. Especially since I have 6 CB Blusangs and a few PBs.

I will be getting the firstborn egg of the founder pair soon, so in a week or so, we should (HOPEFULLY, I shall also use fertility too dry.gif) have a 3rd gen egg that's a direct descendant of the gorgeous Cloud Symphony and Last Cloud smile.gif

It takes awhile to produce an egg and I don't want my breeders to have to wait weeks at a time just to have an egg. By closing available breeding positions, I'm also preventing myself to become overwhelmed by too much demand. This will help me keep on track, et cetera, et cetera. By closing sign-ups for a week or two at a time, this gives me the opportunity to catch my current breeders up to speed.

What I mean is, I want those that have already signed up to have their eggs before I reopen the lineage to breeders and I want to have an egg available for when I reopen the lineage to potential breeders so I know for sure there is at least one egg to give.

So yes, this is a first-come-first-serve but if you keep in touch with me and/or come back when there are more available positions, I'll be happy to add you. All I ask for is to have your patience. (:

Edited by Aphe

@Aphe

I think the coding for the signature should be added to the first post (or 2nd, or 3rd o_o'') so this lineage gets some more views smile.gif

huehuehuhuhue second page is mine

Edited by Stellaluna22

I didn't realise other people would be using it. ^^; Should I make smaller (width wise)?

It takes awhile to produce an egg and I don't want my breeders to have to wait weeks at a time just to have an egg. By closing available breeding positions, I'm also preventing myself to become overwhelmed by too much demand. This will help me keep on track, et cetera, et cetera. By closing sign-ups for a week or two at a time, this gives me the opportunity to catch my current breeders up to speed.

What I mean is, I want those that have already signed up to have their eggs before I reopen the lineage to breeders and I want to have an egg available for when I reopen the lineage to potential breeders so I know for sure there is at least one egg to give.

So yes, this is a first-come-first-serve but if you keep in touch with me and/or come back when there are more available positions, I'll be happy to add you. All I ask for is to have your patience. (:

Ohh~ Okay. I thought you meant that you'd only include 2-3 breeders in your list and then have it closed for good. My bad. I must be tired. happy.gif;

That's totally cool. I'll keep trying to check back every now and then, but I've love to help out with this lineage. The whole set up looks great! biggrin.gif

Do all dragons have to descend from cloud symphony and last cloud? I'm presuming not since the little blurb at the beginning mentioned something about doing what you do and making a pair and passing along their kin. What are the rules for making your own pair, by the way? Are there specific naming rules I missed (edit: just include "Cloud" in name?) I'm guessing one of the parents must be a blusang, ya? wink.gif

Edited by Kigyptnee

Ohh~ Okay. I thought you meant that you'd only include 2-3 breeders in your list and then have it closed for good. My bad. I must be tired. happy.gif;

That's totally cool. I'll keep trying to check back every now and then, but I've love to help out with this lineage. The whole set up looks great! biggrin.gif

Ha ha, no worries. We all have our moments (and it was a great a concern, actually! I think it helped to clarify). I don't imagine there to be any breeder cap, to be honest. This is meant to be a rather fun and liberal project for anyone to enjoy. -Grins- If you find that you miss the sign-ups again, just PM me and we'll work something out. I look forward to seeing you again! (Also: thank you.)