TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

The adults are quite beautiful. Nice job!

<3 all around - so fun to wake up to lots of happy! :D

I'm very glad people approve of the blue/red choices for male and female. Fun fact: Some early naturalists studying the flowers thought that the blue variety of plant was the female and the red was the male.

'Nother fun fact: Apparently "Anagallis" derives from a Greek word meaning "to laugh."

Then off to read the description. And google the name. And going like "IT'S THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL !!" Of course, the heroe's name was taken by someone else already, but I'll manage to find a way to name at least a pair of mine for the theme. ;)

PPS: Will there be a little more info about them ? Pleeeeease ? Sorry, curiosity ran away with me.

*hands you virtual cookies* I wondered if anyone else would remember those books! They are indeed the original source of my love for these pretty flowers. ^^

There will definitely be more info about them. As proven by the leak at the beginning of the release... their encyclopedia info is set up and ready to go, so it should be available soon.

Oh, I really love the adults! They are so beautiful and I love that they are named after a flower. wub.gif

Such fun dragons. Not to mention pretty. Hmm. I actually have the name of a main character for one of my Royal Crimsons. Must contemplate.

Anyway, thanks to Imbecamiel, and TJ of course, for another lovely creation.

So beautiful!! I wasn't particularly fond of the hatchlings, but the adults are stunning. wub.gif

They may become one of my favorite breeds.

Well, I'm glad the female sprites look so pretty, because 5 out of 6 of my babies decided to gender female. dry.gif

Hopefully I can swap for some males.

I missed it

You may have missed the first few days of Release, but these are permanent and still dropping in 3 biomes at a fairly good rate. smile.gif

Good luck for the hunting for the first eggs for the users which do not own this beutiful Dragons!

I have to wait for my dragons to be ready to hatch on there own. Too chickenhearted for using earthquake. ninja.gif

I need more CBs for my freezing collection. tongue.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

Very nice. <3 These are definitely pretty dergs. The females neck bothers me a little, but I do like the colors. biggrin.gif

Oh wow I love these Dragons! Great job Imbecamiel. was not fond of the male s2 but the adults are awesome!

Thank you TJ and Imbecamiel for this dragon!

Ooh! Two of my babies gendered!

So did mine, and I'm so happy that they gendered correctly. I have another set that hasn't hatched yet, and I'm so excited. x3

Thank you again, TJ and Imbecamiel, for another great release and a beautiful new addition to the cave. ^w^

Edit: Ick. Typos, go 'way shoo!

Edited by Syiren

Lol, every single one of my new hatchies has "Anangallis" in its name. tongue.gif

ETA: Yessss, they have all gendered correctly! My perfect record of no influence fails has sustained!

Edited by shadowfighter

<3 all around - so fun to wake up to lots of happy! biggrin.gif

I'm very glad people approve of the blue/red choices for male and female. Fun fact: Some early naturalists studying the flowers thought that the blue variety of plant was the female and the red was the male.

'Nother fun fact: Apparently "Anagallis" derives from a Greek word meaning "to laugh."

*hands you virtual cookies* I wondered if anyone else would remember those books! They are indeed the original source of my love for these pretty flowers. ^^

There will definitely be more info about them. As proven by the leak at the beginning of the release... their encyclopedia info is set up and ready to go, so it should be available soon.

In the old days blue was seen as a feminine color and red as masculine. Which, funnily enough, meant at the time pink was seen as a boy-child's color and not a girl's because it was 'light red'. So baby girls would get pale blue stuff and baby boys would get pink stuff. I'm not sure when or how that color symbolism changed, but it means you'll find stuff like that here and there in classical sources.

I really like both adults, I can't wait to start on some pretty lineages with them. And have to hoard a few male hatchies, they're such cuties. <3 Wonderful work Imbecamiel!

In the old days blue was seen as a feminine color and red as masculine. Which, funnily enough, meant at the time pink was seen as a boy-child's color and not a girl's because it was 'light red'. So baby girls would get pale blue stuff and baby boys would get pink stuff. I'm not sure when or how that color symbolism changed, but it means you'll find stuff like that here and there in classical sources.

Mmhmm. I had read at some point that the change in views on the symbolism was at least partly influenced by the Nazis' use of pink to designate gay men in the concentration camps, but I'm really not sure how accurate that claim is.

At any rate, it's fun to try to think outside the box rather than getting locked into certain ways colors "should" be. ^^

I can't wait to see what other lineages people come up with! I haven't settled on any myself yet, aside from doing a PB one...

The females are awesome, the mask, the boots, the superhero cape, the pose, the colour combination... biggrin.gif I also like the laughing face of the males, but the females are definitely my favourites.

Mmhmm. I had read at some point that the change in views on the symbolism was at least partly influenced by the Nazis' use of pink to designate gay men in the concentration camps, but I'm really not sure how accurate that claim is.

At any rate, it's fun to try to think outside the box rather than getting locked into certain ways colors "should" be. ^^

I can't wait to see what other lineages people come up with! I haven't settled on any myself yet, aside from doing a PB one...

I'm planning on breeding the Males with golds. :3

Oh my gosh, I love the Scarlet Pimpernel SO MUCH. And these dragons are beautiful. Thanks so much Imbecamiel!

I checked the sprites on the wiki and they are gorgeous! I can't wait for mine to grow up. They look like they'd make a really pretty lineage with Black Teas.