TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

I apologize if this stresses you out like that, but there's still a chance once the hype settles down. I'm sure people will start giving them away to help out those struggling catching them since there are a lot of friendly members on DC, too.

It's been stated a couple of times as well that since this is just the second day in and since there's only one of these new dragons to catch, that is what is possibly causing people such a difficult time to find them, so it's probably better if you take a breather and focus on other scroll goals until the excitement cools down? You never know. They may be easier to see in just a couple of days. :)

I think the stress comes from experience with prior releases, where, in my own experience, if I didn't get at least 2 eggs from the new release in the first day of a drop I might not see CB eggs for months or years. So the current cycle of, big fast drop and then a slow trickle just reinforces anxiety on drop day that if I (and I'm just speaking for myself) don't pick them on on the day, I'll never see them again as CB's

That said, I've decided to take advantage of the fact that several of the sometimes-hard-to-find eggs that I need for my breeding projects have shown up in the cave and I'm locked with them.

Good luck to everyone else :)

Wow, I'm so thankful I got on last night and noticed the release. I can't believe how much trouble people are having now. Sorry to those who are feeling a little stressed, but I'm diggin' it. More attention to the jungle so I can get more gems! (;

I apologize if this stresses you out like that, but there's still a chance once the hype settles down. I'm sure people will start giving them away to help out those struggling catching them since there are a lot of friendly members on DC, too.

It's been stated a couple of times as well that since this is just the second day in and since there's only one of these new dragons to catch, that is what is possibly causing people such a difficult time to find them, so it's probably better if you take a breather and focus on other scroll goals until the excitement cools down? You never know. They may be easier to see in just a couple of days. smile.gif

No need to apologise, it's not your fault. smile.gif

As I said, given up on those other projects, but I still have hope that I'll be able to get one of the new eggs, one way or the other.

What's the description for these eggs?

All I see are other commons in each of those biomes :/ WTF

What's the description for these eggs?

All I see are other commons in each of those biomes :/ WTF

This delicately patterned egg is sitting in the sunshine.

Neat little side effect that I've seen of this is that Gemstones are popping up more, caught 2 in a 10 minute span xd.png

ah oops I seem to have missed the drop!

time to stare at the jungle and forest until one appears and then hope I catch it

Those of you who didn't get the new release, there are trading sites like eatw.net where you can trade for them. Also, plenty of threads here will likely be a place to get a trade. Just because you didn't catch them doesn't mean you can't obtain them by other means.

ah oops I seem to have missed the drop!

time to stare at the jungle and forest until one appears and then hope I catch it

Well I am staring for few hours and nothing at all. :/ I didn't even see any passing by.

Well... at least I had two open spots yesterday. Really hope they won't get rare..

I snatched a few, and it would be cool if they were rare. Mostly because I could parade around saying "I HAVE CB RARES LOOK AT ME YEAH" I understand those who didn't get one, and I wish you luck smile.gif

[...] (Also... I did not expect the male's pose to cause such confusion. Srry. xd.png)

Hm. That does seem to depend on... don't know. Monitor adjustments, maybe ? Colour perception ? Individual daily fitness ? wink.gif

Whatever it may be - I had no major problems to identify what is what on the little boy, it just took a closer look (and I don't think myself overly perceptive in that regard).

@Minkee:

Yay to that !! I love that association, especially after catching all my eggs after coming home from watching the Avengers ! laugh.gif (Hmmm, I guess I'll name a few of them appropriately...)

All in all I have to say that I prefer the male's pose - it looks very dynamic and natural. And so cute. smile.gif The female is nice as well, but I'm not sure what exactly she's supposed to be doing. (I'd guess she's in the process of sitting down/getting up, but I'm not sure, she could be walking as well. Or rather prancing. Hm. That did it. Now I like her very much, too. smile.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

There are some lovely, lovely, lovely people on DC/this forum! You know who you are, and I'm very grateful and actually tearing up a bit! Thank you so much! wub.gif

Ahh that hatchling sprites are so cute! The colors actually remind me a little bit of some parrots my aunt used to have. Can't wait to see what the adult sprites look like smile.gif

Edited by Malum

Wow. I'm really shocked these have effectively just completely disappeared. The five minute drops in the first hour of the release were short, but I didn't think they would get this scarce this quickly. sad.gif My girlfriend hasn't even seen any in the cave ever since she woke up (she's in Australia - the drop started shortly after she went to bed on Monday morning).

If I'd known that, I would have caught another egg for her. Originally, I wanted to hold onto everything I'd caught, but I guess I'm giving her some eggs now. Trying to catch another one for her now, but I've been hunting for an hour and seen none. That's really unusual. Usually I can at least see eggs whiz by. o_o

Zoom! It was a glitch. Thank goodness. biggrin.gif Nevermind, keep calm and carry on~

Edited by pinkgothic

Was this like Coppers or like Pyrals?

I wasn't here for neither of their releases.

Edited by Ylvanne

I'm quite disappointed to see that this new breed is rare.. I only catched 3 eggs, thinking that I could wait for tomorrow (I had 4 more eggs in my scroll) and today, they are gone from their biomes sad.gif

they are so cute! I really want one!

if only I were better at catching CB rares then this might be easier...? ah, well, good luck to those who also missed the release!

and then I decided to grab a gemshard egg before it disappears so now I can only catch one of the new ones -facepalm-

I've seen a single one of these new ones in the dessert but that's it sad.gif

Edited by skyprotecter

I wasn't here for the Coppers, but even the Pyralspites/Almandines were easier to catch for longer than these are.

Jeez. I guess I'm fine with the four I've caught, but I was really hoping to get a few more. That's a shame.

Like Pyrals or worse...

I completely missed the release, likely because I'm on another side of the world from America. Now I've beem refreshing Forest for over an hour and I, too, haven't even see one. More than a little annoying, that.

While these eggs and sprites have been gorgeous, and I easily filled my 3 open nests when they were released, I am also very disappointed that they have disappeared from sight. I'm accustomed to very uncommon or rare eggs being seen but not being able to catch them. But these aren't even being seen, except on TJ's first posting about the release. That may be the only way I get to see any other than the 3 I caught. What a shame. dry.gif

Edited by PrairieStead

I completely missed the release, likely because I'm on another side of the world from America. Now I've beem refreshing Forest for over an hour and I, too, haven't even see one. More than a little annoying, that.

Same here! Living in Europe means I have completely missed this release. Booo sad.gif