TJ09

2015-04-25 - Retiring Site Layouts

Any chance of getting the old default back as a choice?

If that should become possible, that would be super.

The new skin is gorgeous, but the extra lag, not so much... and the old default was perfect, as far as I was concerned, and seemingly bothered nobody's vision or triggered any other issues.

mumbles loudly unrepeatables...but the new design and original design

load soooo slowly. And I really like the Blackout look....

Well now I'm bummed because I loved Dino Cave but it's greyed out for me. sad.gif

Doesn't affect me but I'm scared for what will happen in the future ~ Portal 2 being my favourite skin ~ it wold shock me if it ever gets retired unsure.gif

Same, I love the black and white text. It's easier on the eyes and the skin itself is very pretty. It would be a very, very sad day if that one was retired.

I've been using the St Patrick's Day skin since it was made an option, I absolutely love it - glad to see that it isn't going anywhere, but Dino Cave was super cute as well.

Aw... poor Dino cave skin. I always like it for the nice bold purples, but because of how the lineage view looked, never could use it. Will definitely be missed. sad.gif

Has anyone who uses Blackout tried switching, and switching back?

I'd like to take a peek at the other skins in case the lack of updates makes Blackout unusable in the future, but Blackout is hands down the best site skin out of the ones I tried before, and I would be inconsolable if I lost it. So glad I never even took a look at the new default and risked losing it!

Edited by Arra

Noooo! But, I liked blackout! That's one fits really well how I use the to site. Aw. All well. I guess they are gone for good now.

Edit: I had Blackout on for the longest, but I switched to try out the new Default. Now I wish I hadn't. Will the old Default come back or will there be new themes replacing the old ones?

Edited by Shokomon

Noooo! But, I liked blackout! That's one fits really well how I use the to site. Aw. All well. I guess they are gone for good now.

Edit: I had Blackout on for the longest, but I switched to try out the new Default. Now I wish I hadn't. Will the old Default come back or will there be new themes replacing the old ones?

I really doubt there will be a replacement, since TJ's aim is to reduce the total number of layouts that he has to revise for each change.

There is a suggestion about bringing back the old default as an option, though. It may get nowhere with TJ, but it can't hurt to voice your support there. wink.gif

Has anyone who uses Blackout tried switching, and switching back?

I'd like to take a peek at the other skins in case the lack of updates makes Blackout unusable in the future, but Blackout is hands down the best site skin out of the ones I tried before, and I would be inconsolable if I lost it. So glad I never even took a look at the new default and risked losing it!

I haven't tried, because I don't want to lose it! I LOVE the Blackout layout :/

My 1989th post...a special year in my life :3