TJ09

2015-04-25 - Retiring Site Layouts

Thanks for letting those of us who actually use one of those two keep them. I have pretty much always used Blackout, it's just easier on the eyes. And I feel like my dragons stand out a bit more against the darker background.

Ah, thanks for the heads up! though I don't think I've ever used any of the skins that actively... but thanks for letting those who /do/ use them frequently still have them!

Aww, I wanted to go back to dino cave at some point since i switched to default because of the new layout... but I guess it's ok!

This! I used the Dino Cave layout exclusively since the day it was released! I only switched to the new one because I liked it a lot. It doesn't mean I would never switch back to the Dino Cave one. (sigh)

D:

I'm sad. I never really mess with the skins, so I'm always on Default. I'm wishing I still had Blackout as an option; I'm sad to see it go. It's what it stood (stands?) for that makes me upset to see it retired. It is also visually appealing, so... DX

This! I used the Dino Cave layout exclusively since the day it was released! I only switched to the new one because I liked it a lot. It doesn't mean I would never switch back to the Dino Cave one. (sigh)

im in the same boat...

D:

I'm sad. I never really mess with the skins, so I'm always on Default. I'm wishing I still had Blackout as an option; I'm sad to see it go. It's what it stood (stands?) for that makes me upset to see it retired. It is also visually appealing, so... DX

It's because those skins don't get as much use and keeping skins working smooth and well takes a lot of work: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=163318 This thread is actually linked in the first post as well. =3

I'm ok with the change.

The first time I logged I tried the other themes, but I like the default better. The new one is even prettier.

Thanks for the heads up!

I really would like the option to have the old default skin back. The new one is gorgeous but gives me headaches so I can't play for long :/

Thanks for the update - though I never used either one of them (Dino cave was too bright for my vision, while I just flat out had trouble reading on Blackout) so they show as the grayed out retired message on my side.

Generally, I used the old default. Once that went, I switched to blackout, but obviously that time wasn't enough for it to be still selectable for me. Once I found out that dino cave was going to go, I decided to stay on that, because I really enjoy the fun story of how it came about. laugh.gif

I'm extremely sad to see Blackout go, I loved it.

BUT, there was the new site layout.

So that made me just lose the layout. T_T

I really liked Blackout though I never used it and its too bad it is gone.

I am sticking to Blackout. I liked the dark, moody layout it brought, and what it stood for when it was first introduced to DC.

One of the reasons the blackout version is nice is that it had a darker background so people with senstive eyes could use that, but I understand if not many used it.

(andughiwonderifthereisareleasetoday??)