TJ09

2015-04-25 - Retiring Site Layouts

Per the previous discussion regarding reducing the number of available layouts on the site, the two least-used layouts, Dino Cave and Blackout, have been retired. People who actively use these layouts will still have the ability to choose them (including swapping to other layouts and back), but the designs will not receive any further updates.

How to tell if you still have access:

Go to your account settings and click on the "Site Skin" dropdown. If the entries are suffixed by "(Retired)," you will not be able to switch to that skin.

Well that sucks, but thanks for telling us!

Cool. Mine are grayed out, but I never really used any different layout other than default so, meh.

Edited by Syiren

Thank you for the heads up, TJ! smile.gif

While I don't use either of them, I'm glad the provision is there for those who still need to use those skins. <3

A very sad day in DC history. sad.gif

I will stick to Blackout.

I was about to be sad for a moment since I regularly used the Dino Cave skin but now I'm relieved.

Will be sticking to it!

I was about to be sad for a moment since I regularly used the Dino Cave skin but now I'm relieved.

Will be sticking to it!

Same here.

I was scared for a moment since I'm using Dino Cave xd.png

Thanks for the heads up! I only use default so it doesn't affect me, but it's nice to know that people will be able to switch back and forth without risking the loss of their favorite skin.

Aww, I wanted to go back to dino cave at some point since i switched to default because of the new layout... but I guess it's ok!

Thanks for the head's up, TJ. I'm glad provision was made for those who normally use those two skins so they can keep using them.

Thanks for the head's up, TJ. I'm glad provision was made for those who normally use those two skins so they can keep using them.

Pretty much this. I must admit I am glad that is not my current skin that is affected though(for the moment at least).

Sad. However I normally use the Portal 2 layout but its still sad to see them go.

WB

When I first saw this announcement all I saw was 'Retiring Site' and I thought, omg, TJ is taking the site down... lol

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks TJ, I checked and the blackout isn't grayed out though the dino cave is. Not a big deal though, I'm very happy I can still use blackout due to my vision issue. YOU ARE AWESOME

i'm using the default one as well, but i'm glad people get to keep the one they love if they can :')

thanks, tj, for always doing your best for us (TJ09 for president! o/ xd.png)

When I first saw this announcement all I saw was 'Retiring Site' and I thought, omg, TJ is taking the site down... lol

Thanks for the heads up.

Bite your tongue!

And thanks for the update. I did use them on occ but not for a good while, so they are greyed out for me.

I got seriously worried something would be done to St. Pat's skin when I got into the site and saw this thread, then freaked out because I ~suddenly~ had the default skin on. Took me a couple minutes to realize I was LOGGED OUT. rolleyes.gif

-mentally cursing- And I use Blackout, too...

You should still be able to, though, which is good.