Leetle Tree

Favorite Dragon From Any Media

SUBJECT-

Discuss your favorite dragon from any series - tv - game.

Give -

Why you like the character.

What you see in the character.

Your own view and mindset about it.

Edited by Leetle Tree

I really like Odahviing from Skyrim. Most of the other dragons in the game were good characters but Odahviing was the best in my opinion. He made me feel like he isn't afraid of making hard choices when he leaves Alduin's side for my characters side. He's like that one guy who wants to fix every mistake to be good in the end from what I've learned from him but that's just an opinion.I view him as a helper of kind hearted souls and a reliable friend.

Hmm....I like a lot of dragons, but here are my faves:

Ignitus: He is from the Spyro games. No, not Skylanders, the REAL Spyro saga. He is not only wise and level headed, and strong, but he is like a father to Spyro. From the time he first met the purple dragon to his death in Dawn of the Dragon (SPOILERZ) he watched over Spyro and made sure he was okay. Even after death, his soul remained, doing everything he could to keep watch over him. He has a place in my heart

Clay: This lovable buddy is from Wings of Fire. He is a cheerful dragon, and an impulsive eater. He is almost like a draconic Sasha Braus, which is a plus. Besides his adorable sweetness, he is very protective and views the other dragonets like brothers and sisters.

I have more, but typing on a phone about to die is hard. So for now, so long, and thank you for creating this

Not quite sure if this counts, but I'm reading a book series that has 3 dragon siblings as main characters, but my favorite is the female, Wistala. She is very smart, courageous, and is very level headed. Of the 3 siblings she is the most willing to be with humans and not fight against them, and would rather delegate than fight at all.

Hmm....I like a lot of dragons, but here are my faves:

Ignitus: He is from the Spyro games. No, not Skylanders, the REAL Spyro saga. He is not only wise and level headed, and strong, but he is like a father to Spyro. From the time he first met the purple dragon to his death in Dawn of the Dragon (SPOILERZ) he watched over Spyro and made sure he was okay. Even after death, his soul remained, doing everything he could to keep watch over him. He has a place in my heart

Clay: This lovable buddy is from Wings of Fire. He is a cheerful dragon, and an impulsive eater. He is almost like a draconic Sasha Braus, which is a plus. Besides his adorable sweetness, he is very protective and views the other dragonets like brothers and sisters.

I have more, but typing on a phone about to die is hard. So for now, so long, and thank you for creating this

The REAL Spyro saga is the PS1 trilogy. But I agree that Ignitus is the best dragon from TLoS. Although I kinda liked Cynder too.

Durneviir from the Dawnguard DLC of Skyrim was definitely one of my favorites, just because he looked so darn cool, and teaches you my favorite shout, Soul Tear.

Other than that, one of the MTG dragons, probably either Atarka or Silumgarr.

My choices are mostly based on aesthetics, but the lore behind each is also interesting.

Edited by Purplepotatoes2

Grigori, the dragon from Dragon's Dogma.

He is just....wow. An omnipresent antagonist throughout the game, this great spectre hanging over every mission you do and every choice you make. His model is brilliantly done, the personality you do see is well done, the battle with him is intense and nerve wracking, the lore behind him and all dragons in his world is just fascinating and the twist behind them and their very existence is just one giant mind-screw.

That, and when you encounter him in one of the penultimate missions for the first time since the prologue, one line he has is absolutely hilarious and made me love him instantly.

Probably the best dragon I have seen in a game. And I haven't played Dragon Age or Skyrim yet.

Edited by CharonDusk

Yes, him. wub.gif I also love Spyro, Cynder, Cyril and Volteer. Basically every dragon there is except for Malefor. xd.png

I also love Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal from Game of Thrones. I somehow imagine dragons that way, it's what I believe the most realistic way to portray dragons. What fascinates me the most is the fact that, no matter what their nature is, how wild and untamed they are and the way they feed and live, they would never hurt their mother. wub.gif Something that not even some humans know.

And yeah, somehow I also dig Smaug for his cleverness. Man, you can say that I really love nearly every dragon I've ever seen. tongue.gif

Also, Shenlong from Dragon Ball. Loved him ever since I was a kid. smile.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Smaug! I'm with you on this one, Silver Fox! I loved him for his cleverness. And Benedict Cumberbatch brought him to life so well. wub.gif

Smaug! I'm with you on this one, Silver Fox! I loved him for his cleverness. And Benedict Cumberbatch brought him to life so well. wub.gif

user posted image

Hahahaha basically this. tongue.gif

Anyway, back to Daenerys' dragons on Game of Thrones - if they were on Dragon Cave, they would be sorted as wyverns, I just figured. tongue.gif

I don't think I can pin it down to just one favorite dragon. But A few faves.

Kazul- Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C Wrede. One of my earliest binge reading memories. Pragmatic, sensible, and she helps the princess. What is not to love? The fact that she is named King is just icing.

Heart's Blood- Pit Dragon Triology by Jane Yolen. Touching interplay between Heart's Blood and Jakkin, and the bond the grows between them, and her offspring. Plus awesome art by Bob Eggleton, he does amazing dragons.

Smaug- Cause, Smaug, and Tolkien, and big bad bleepin dragon. Enough said.

My favorite character has to be Winter from Wings of Fire. If you didn't know his back story, he just seems really mean. I think he tried his best though, and that's all I'm going to say so I don't spoil anything.

Draco from Dragonheart (1996) - hands down. Named my one of my boas after him, and after all these years and rewatches I still cry at the end of the movie. I believe he is still to this day one of the best-rendered CG dragons ever made, hands-down.

oh what's her name....the Red dragoness from Dragonlance who's guarding the children .

Matafleur! that's the one. she's my fave

Not quite sure if this counts, but I'm reading a book series that has 3 dragon siblings as main characters, but my favorite is the female, Wistala. She is very smart, courageous, and is very level headed. Of the 3 siblings she is the most willing to be with humans and not fight against them, and would rather delegate than fight at all.

Wistala is one of my favorites as well, although Duke Toma (The Dragonrealm Series) was also a contender. However, I think I prefer AuRon out of the three siblings.

I really liked the dragons from the Age of Fire series as well, and Temeraire from His Majesty's Dragon and that series...

I probably have a few more as well.

Edited by 626lavaheart

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Toothless yet! Moonwatcher from Wings of Fire is pretty cool too (I still haven't read number seven yet DX). Also Adamii from Wakfu. And the dragons from Fablehaven.

Favorite dragons... let's see...

Smaug from LOTR

Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal from Game of Thrones

Spyro and Cynder from Spyro series (I have the PS2 series, but also played the PS1 original set)

Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon

Saphira from Eragon

Falcor from NeverEnding Story

I may have missed some but I believe that's it.

Draco - Dragonheart: This dragon really sparked my love for mythological creatures

Smaug - The Hobbit

Spyro -Spyro The Dragon

I know there are more but I can't place names haha

My favorite has to be Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon.

One thing that always bugs me about movie dragons is how they're portrayed. It's not bad or anything, but with the telecommunication or flat out english that's used most of the time just seemed like a cheap trick writers use to make the dragons be able to communicate. The way Toothless communicates with his body language was really cool and refreshing, and it lead to one of my favorite cinematic scenes of all time. The scene where Hiccup first gives Toothless that fish, and the ensuing events is almost magical in a sense. There's very little dialogue, and they rely solely on the music and body language to carry the emotions, and it worked really well. It showed a lot of Toothless' character as well as his high intelligence, and I sometimes go back and watch that scene alone, I like it that much.

Uhh probably Spyro from the first game because he just sounds his age, and the voice acting I believe was a little cheesy but loveable nonetheless, and I enjoyed that game so much.

I love the depiction of dragons in pathfinder. Hard to chose a set one to admire.

But you know which ones you need to avoid, and which ones are a blessing to

come across in the game.

Here's the Guardian Dragon...

user posted image

Gold

user posted image

Outer Dragon-Time

user posted image

And more!

I truthfully love a lot of the creatures in their books, have the majority of the releases downloaded on pdf.