alicebowlsly

Petz/Babyz?

Anyone play these games?

They're Ubisoft/PF. Magic/Mindscape games.

Adopt pixel children, or pixel pets. Breed the pets, play with the babyz. Lol.

There are active forums for BOTH Babyz and Petz (there are multiple games in the Petz franchise, NOT TO BE CONFUSED with the NEW Petz games for DS/handheld gaming systems), and you can actively find both online for free (I could point you in the right direction), since Petz is no longer even being sold and Mindscape is completely gone from the gaming scene.

I used to waste a loooot of time on these games as a youngin', and now I still do haha.

The babyz have their own little personalities and people 'hex' them to edit their appearances, while the petz are regularly hexed to appear as different species, there are downloadable breeds/toys/playscenes for them, etc. There's even an interactive website for Petz that requires you to save up enough cash to open your own shop to sell things, and multiple forums to play on that give you money for participation, etc!

I used to play Hamsterz and Tigerz all the time as a kid, if that counts. My family always bought me only pet simulator games for the DS because they thought that was pretty much the only thing I enjoyed, until at the age of 9, I asked them to get me PMD: EOS. Then I got addicted to Pokémon. :P

I'm not sure if this one counts at all, but I recently got "Petz Catz 2" for the Wii. It's not a pet game, but actually a fun and very cute little RPG. There's also a dog version, and were made by the same guys who made a surprisingly dark RPG named "THE DOG Island" for the PS2 and Wii. The more you know.

Haha, well. They're not nearly the same thing, but that's cool. smile.gif

The original 'Petz' series, you adopt as many petz as you want, you can breed, do clothes. There is an active online community, multiple forums, there's even HORSES that are created user-based content. smile.gif

They were originally released for the PC only. Starting with Catz/Dogz, then Catz/Dogz 2, and then Petz 3, and Petz 4, and Petz 5.

Somewhere along the way (P5, I believe) the company (PF Magic) was bought out by Ubisoft.

Once they stopped making these games, they 'repurposed' the name, and started putting out the crappier DS/Wii versions with the same names haha.

They're completely different, though. smile.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petz - Tells you more about it. ^-^ There are places online you can get the games for free, since they're no longer for sale.

OMG, I know exactly what you're talking about, I had Catz, Catz II and Catz III as a kid, (I'm a cat person lol) and I was absolutely addicted to them. Catz III was my absolute favourite because that was the first one where you could breed them IIRC and I had a ton of custom breeds for it. Mostly big catz like lions and tigers, there was a lion breed that grew to the size of an actual lion in comparison to the cats. And there was a Tribble breed that was an absolutely tiny featureless ball of fluff. And NATURALLY, teenage me thought it would be HILARIOUS to breed the lion with the Tribble. I wound up with a Tribble-sized lion that never got any larger, it was adorable.

I remember I used to have a custom room that I called 'The LOVE Room' which was entirely filled with perfume bottles, catnip, heart-shaped cushions and treats, and a music box. Worked every time.

Oh man, that was my childhood. I had Petz all the way up to Petz5. I wish that Ubisoft would get back to their roots and make a game like that again. I used to breed Great Danes on a forum a LONG time ago in multiple different colors. Harlequin Danes and Blacks were some of my favorites. Show qualities!

I really really adored this game, I played both petz4 and petz5 and actively adopted from forums and such! It was the best. <3 <3 I loved the breeding most of all! And the fact that I could interact with my petz. And the pixel-ness of it all! The different distinct personalities of each breed were also really great fun to discover. The items, the games, gah who am I kidding? It was all wonderful. I wish I still had that game.

I recently found this game inspired by Petz! It's so AWESOME, it's a dream come true for me! It's www.Nokuku.com and the creator made it after being inspired by all sorts of pets games, but it bears an especially striking resemblance to the gameplay of Petz to me, mixed with Pokemon/ You should check it out!

I love Petz, I have P4 and P5, I play mostly in P4 though. I'm active in the online community too. I do have babyz as well but I don't play it nearly as much. I think my favorite thing right now is racing horses on SS but I also have a crew(in both P4 and P5 just different petz) that are naturally raised, so I don't use PetzA on them at all. My favorite breedfile has to be Nova's Japanese Bobtail. I'm not sure I could pic between the original and her new one though. I also adore Mythic Silence's toyz.

I had Petz 5! I never did anything fantastic with my pets, just played with them and bred them occasionally, making all sorts of wacky looking cats and dogs! God I loved the game, I tried to reinstall it on my laptop a year or so ago, and I always thought it was broken until I found out I had to change the darn resolution.

Then I found out it really was messed up.sad.gif The items which were supposed to appear in each area never did, no bottles or food and water bowls, none of the toys that you could only get from grabbing it after entering a room. Even the adoption center didn't have anything anymore. The suitcase with all the toys appeared to be empty, all the toys were invisible, and there were only a few toys that would be in there. It made the game so much less enjoyable.

I would love to have the game again, seeing this thread makes me want it sooo bad! >.< I checked it out on Amazon and places like it, but they were all forty bucks or more. That's ridonculous! I miss it, though. sad.gif

I had Petz 5! I never did anything fantastic with my pets, just played with them and bred them occasionally, making all sorts of wacky looking cats and dogs! God I loved the game, I tried to reinstall it on my laptop a year or so ago, and I always thought it was broken until I found out I had to change the darn resolution.

Then I found out it really was messed up.sad.gif The items which were supposed to appear in each area never did, no bottles or food and water bowls, none of the toys that you could only get from grabbing it after entering a room. Even the adoption center didn't have anything anymore. The suitcase with all the toys appeared to be empty, all the toys were invisible, and there were only a few toys that would be in there. It made the game so much less enjoyable.

I would love to have the game again, seeing this thread makes me want it sooo bad! >.< I checked it out on Amazon and places like it, but they were all forty bucks or more. That's ridonculous! I miss it, though. sad.gif

Petz 5 is weird on later windows, all of petz should be installed in your documents folder rather than the program files in Windows 7(and I assume 8). But PetzA helps Petz 5 run, sometimes you have to run it as administrator(a setting in properties).

You can actually get Petz 4 for free(completely LEGALLY too). I'd have to hunt down the instructions for it because I don't remember.

Petz 5 is weird on later windows, all of petz should be installed in your documents folder rather than the program files in Windows 7(and I assume 8). But PetzA helps Petz 5 run, sometimes you have to run it as administrator(a setting in properties).

You can actually get Petz 4 for free(completely LEGALLY too). I'd have to hunt down the instructions for it because I don't remember.

No idea how I'd do that! I'm not a techy person.

But if you ever come across it online, I'd definitely love the link, Petz 4 is just as good as Petz 5! (:

No idea how I'd do that! I'm not a techy person.

But if you ever come across it online, I'd definitely love the link, Petz 4 is just as good as Petz 5! (:

When the game is installed it creates a folder "Petz 5" it just needs moved to your "My Documents" folder. To run it as administrator you right click on it and there should be an option that says "run as administrator"

For petz 4 I found the instructions on the PKC Forum

I used to play Hamsterz and Tigerz all the time as a kid, if that counts. My family always bought me only pet simulator games for the DS because they thought that was pretty much the only thing I enjoyed, until at the age of 9, I asked them to get me PMD: EOS. Then I got addicted to Pokémon. tongue.gif

I'm not sure if this one counts at all, but I recently got "Petz Catz 2" for the Wii. It's not a pet game, but actually a fun and very cute little RPG. There's also a dog version, and were made by the same guys who made a surprisingly dark RPG named "THE DOG Island" for the PS2 and Wii. The more you know.

I have Petz Catz 2 and THE DOG Island on the wii, love them both. I wanted the Dogz version but they only had the Catz version in the store so had to make do.

Anyone play these games?

They're Ubisoft/PF. Magic/Mindscape games.

Adopt pixel children, or pixel pets. Breed the pets, play with the babyz. Lol.

There are active forums for BOTH Babyz and Petz (there are multiple games in the Petz franchise, NOT TO BE CONFUSED with the NEW Petz games for DS/handheld gaming systems), and you can actively find both online for free (I could point you in the right direction), since Petz is no longer even being sold and Mindscape is completely gone from the gaming scene.

I used to waste a loooot of time on these games as a youngin', and now I still do haha.

The babyz have their own little personalities and people 'hex' them to edit their appearances, while the petz are regularly hexed to appear as different species, there are downloadable breeds/toys/playscenes for them, etc. There's even an interactive website for Petz that requires you to save up enough cash to open your own shop to sell things, and multiple forums to play on that give you money for participation, etc!

Love these series!

I still have Babyz installed in my laptop, and I check them out from time to time.

And the Dogz installer is just somewhere in my hard drive.

Man, they don't make good virtual pet games like these anymore.