dragynfox

Mysteries of the Ogham Lineage Project

Thanks! Also, Kigyptnee, I decided to follow your example and make an intro for Fearn.

Fearn/Alder Clan

"Anyone can say they stand for a cause, but to fight for what you believe in, to lay your life on the line for that which is just... Now that is true bravery."

-Yesix Fearn Ogham

In the midst of death and sin

The alder will stand tall again

To right the wrongs with force and peace

Until we feel death's sweet release

That is Fearn's birth-given chore

Once enslaved but nevermore

Our flames and passion burning red

Fueled only by our foeman's dead

We will purge this world of sin

Now come, and let our fight begin!

The alder tree is known first and foremost for its ability to restore poor soil conditions to healthy Ph levels. Like this astounding plant the Fearn Clan will restore the world to its natural balance by eliminating those who would do it or any living creatures harm. If you've ever winced at the world's injustices, if you've ever wanted to make a change, if you've ever felt the need to rise up, we have one thing to say to you:

Join us.

Rules

The Fearn Clan burns bold and bright, but we are not without our honor. Those who wish to join us must abide by Ogham's laws. They must also follow the Clan rules, which are as follows:

1. DO NOT freeze hatchlings. This strips them of the power and freedoms that come with adulthood and it will not be tolerated.

2. Feel free to release Fearn dragons. You are granting them their liberty, something that is always smiled upon by the Clan. Clan members are also invited to release the third born of each of their Fearn pairs as a sign of loyalty towards the Clan's cause. However, this is NOT mandatory.

3. Incest is allowed. Fearn dragons should have the liberty to mate with whoever they wish, be they a stranger or their own kin.

4. All types of lineages are welcome (checkers, spirals, messes, etc.).

5. Alder dragons and their mates don't have to mate for life.

6. Mating with other Ogham clans is frowned upon but technically allowed. However, any offspring that are less than half Fearn (aka any grandchildren from an inter-clan pairing) CANNOT be part of this Clan. The Alder blood that runs through their veins would have grown too diluted.

7. Rules are subject to change and may do so at any time.

Do you have what it takes?

Claiming a second clan, if that's okay.

Uir- Heather: Rest, Healing, Memory

Breeds: Purple, Daydream, Pillow, Mint

Starting pair is Codlatanach Uir Ogham and Heather Uir Ogham.

Lineage:http://dragcave.net/lineage/8e3ZQ

Names of Parents: Codlatanach Uir Ogham and Heather Uir Ogham

Name of Hatchling: (will be when hatched) Saorsa Uir Ogham

Also, for Clann Duir, the starting pair have been properly named now; they are Coibhi Druidh Duir Ogham and Uil-ioc an Duir Ogham.

Lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/gP8Dx

Names of Parents: Coibhi Druidh Duir Ogham and Uil-ioc an Duir Ogham

Name of Hatchling: Ruadh Duir Ogham

@kigyptnee it is really cool. Now I'm going to have to make them for mine.

@catstaff its cool. I'll update that stuff tomorrow.

Ok, should be all updated now.

If people want their lineages to have special names, let me know and I'll put them in the lust. I put catstaff's lineage links in. I'm not going to list mine until my hatchlings have gendered, but if you guys want to list your eggs in the lineage list, just tell me. By the way, super annoyed, my one ended up a sunset not a sunrise. *grumble grumble*

Ok, should be all updated now.

If people want their lineages to have special names, let me know and I'll put them in the lust. I put catstaff's lineage links in. I'm not going to list mine until my hatchlings have gendered, but if you guys want to list your eggs in the lineage list, just tell me. By the way, super annoyed, my one ended up a sunset not a sunrise. *grumble grumble*

I wouldn't mind adopting your sunset birch hatchie if you want to give getting a sunrise next breeding another go... happy.gif

Edit:

Also, Dragynfox - the link to Ava's Clan Page isn't working properly. Currently it's this:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry8761789

It should be this instead:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry8761789

There's only one number different between the two... I think because her post is on page two rather than page one...

Hope this helps! ninja.gif

Edited by Kigyptnee

Wow, congrats to Catstaff and Foxwood on their lineages. All of them are really pretty! If you ever need some mates from a holly dragon let me know and I'll rename/breed one of mine. And yay, the first Fearn egg finally hatched! biggrin.gif

My lineage has a new member!

Lineage: Fearn/Alder

Names of Parents: Yesix Fearn Ogham and Snik Fearn Ogham

Name of Hatchling (link): Deku Fearn Ogham

The little guy's influenced male if that helps with any list keeping things.

You don't have to post these lineages on the main post, but you can if you want happy.gif just felt like sharing <3

Lineage: Beith/Birch

Names of Parents: Beith Rising Light Ogham x Druids Oriana Birch

Name of Dragon(link): Beith Druid of the Silver Moon

So as far as I understand, Beith celebrates the first Lunar month. Plus I figure the light from the moon and stars can still symbolize the light of the Ogham Beith... So I'm hoping she still can count as a member of the clan, even though she's a bit of a rebel xd.png

Lineage: Eadha/Aspen

Names of Parents: Trembling Aspen of the Druid x Ogham Whispering Spirit of Eadha

Name of Dragon(link): Ogham Eadha Dancing in the Wind

Edited by Kigyptnee

Sweet! Everything should be up to date. We've got seven lineages with hatchlings now and more on the way!

I wouldn't mind adopting another clan if that's okay smile.gif

I'm interested in Ailm - Fir: Perception, The Past and Future, Adaptability.

I'm thinking I want to suggest these breeds:

Ridgewing

Anagallis

Seasonal

Winter Solstice

Was thinking about keeping Royal Blues, but then I realized Winter Solstices are an even better fit. Ailm is also slightly related to healing, so Whites would work too, but they're already suggested in a few other clans and already in another. Ridgewings & Anagallis are included for their adaptability (which in itself requires great perception). Seasonals represent the passage of time. Winter Solstice dragons also represent the passage of time, transformation, and their wise insight/perception. Thoughts? Royal Blues? Solstices?

@Purplenewt - That Gort lineage looks gorgeous! Go Ivy! biggrin.gif

Edited by Kigyptnee

That's cool with me. And if Winter Solstices are in, I need an egg. xd.png I missed out on that holiday, and it's super on my wants list.

I'd like to adopt another clan if it's alright with everybody.

Muin- Vine: Joy, Fellowship, Harvest

Breeds: Olive, Speckle Throated, Harvest, Balloon

And thank you, Kigyptnee! smile.gif

Hello!

dragynfox has approved my request for clan Ruis, or Elder, which relates to Healing, Creativity, and Magical Travel.

I will edit this post with a suitable text when I have the time to do so.

Breeds used: Black Tea, Swallowtail, Albino, Fever Wyvern

The starting pair are Ruis Ogham Manandan mac Lir and Ruis Ogham Fand de Loch nEathach.

Requests for their offspring are open. Feel free to build the lineage you like.

Lineage: Ruis - Elder

Names of Parents: Ruis Ogham Manandan mac Lir & Ruis Ogham Fand de Loch nEathach

Name of Hatchling(link): Ruis Ogham Niamh Cinn-Oir (tentative)

Edited to change the prefix from "Ogham Ruis" to "Ruis Ogham". I feel it sounds better this way.

Edited by Carrow

Hello!

dragynfox has approved my request for clan Ruis, or Elder, which relates to Healing, Creativity, and Magical Travel.

I will edit this post with a suitable text when I have the time to do so.

Breeds used: Black Tea, Swallowtail, Albino, Fever Wyvern

The starting pair are Ogham Ruis Manandan mac Lir and Ogham Ruis Fand de Loch nEathach.

Requests for their offspring are open. Feel free to build the lineage you like.

Lineage: Ruis - Elder

Names of Parents: Ogham Ruis Manandan mac Lir & Ogham Ruis Fand de Loch nEathach

Name of Hatchling(link): Ogham Ruis Niamh ni Manandan (tentative)

Welcome to the lineage, Carrow! biggrin.gif

edit: If anyone wants an Aspen/Eadha egg, my clan starting breeding pair Trembling Aspen of the Druid & Ogham Whispering Spirit of Eadha is available to breed anytime. happy.gif

Edit #2: I have a Beithe/Birch Clan descended Egg available for adoption if anyone would like to adopt the little one. Just pop a dummy egg on the link & post in the thread that you offered. happy.gif

The Lineage? ---> http://dragcave.net/lineage/xVm1r

The Link? ---> http://dragcave.net/teleport/b89496f7a6706...6d83700025dc971

Note: You may or may not have to fog the egg temporarily so it hatches during the day (for a sunrise). Just sayin.

Edited by Kigyptnee

Snik and Yesix decided to ignore my wishes and make another hellfire egg. dry.gif It's up for adoption if anybody wants it. Please post if you take it!

EDIT: Gone to Carrow!

Edited by Avarule

Snik and Yesix decided to ignore my wishes and make another hellfire egg. dry.gif It's up for adoption if anybody wants it. Please post if you take it!

I have just picked it up. Thank you!

Lineage: Gort - Ivy Clan

Names of Parents: Ogham Gort Bindwood x Ogham Gort Lovestone

Name of Hatchling(link): Ogham Gort Ivy

biggrin.gif

Hey guys...

I've been thinking, and I am curious to hear thoughts on this (especially dragynfox's).

So since people made their own clan rules, I thought about making them for my two, but one of the Apple clan's things is Youth, and so I feel like freezing should be allowed, but I'm really against freezing, and would prefer my babies not get frozen. So should I give up Apple for someone that is okay with freezing? Although I really want the Apple clan, I would be okay giving it up to someone that would be okay with freezing because I think it makes more sense that way...

Well.. I don't know. I get what you're saying. But I'm not a huge fan of freezing either. I feel like if you don't want to freeze, you can make Apple about something else. Like they have to remain mated for life or something like that. Apples are a really significant fruit in Celtic mythology. They're the fruit of the Otherworld that grants eternal life, but it's also a symbol of magic as well as love and choice. So you have a lot of options for a clan theme that don't have to include freezing.

Edited by dragynfox

Lineage: Birch

Names of Parents: Druids Oriana Birch and Beitheth Rosing Light Ogham

Name of Hatchling(link): Niamh Birch Ogham

Also, I see I've got a couple of updates to do. It's on my to-do list for tomorrow.