igloo9201

DC on Social Media?

So the other day, in my never-ending quest for CB Nhiostrifes, (*sighs*) I put my trade offer onto Twitter. I still got no offers, which didn't really surprise me. So then I looked up #DragonCave out of curiosity, and there were barely any posts. That was a bit surprising, as I had figured that tons of people were probably asking for clicks, advertising trades, etc. on Twitter and stuff.

I kind of expected for there to be some awesome DC community on there, but there isn't. I went and told a few newbies who were posting their eggs on there about click sites, though.

It kind of got me thinking...what IF there was a DC community on social media? Being able to post an open Teleport link and having it snatched up right away...getting offers on your trades quickly...but then, isn't that what the Forums are for? I thought that it would be an interesting thing to discuss.

So, have YOU ever seen DC stuff on social media? Do you think that it would be cool to have DC action on Twitter, Facebook, etc? Or would you rather that kind of thing stayed in the Forums? Would/will you ever post trade offers, gift links, and all that on social media?

Edited by igloo9201

I certainly have seen DC in a different forum, someone had their eggs posted in their signature. That's how I joined DC; by coming across a different player.

I understand that there is a part of the community that uses social media, fb, twitter, even pinterest, but I have moved away from social media because of its incredibly invasive nature. I've pretty much abandoned my fb page, and never bothered to get an account on twitter. I think MySpace is dead, haven't checked that page in years, but I'm not certain. They're out there, but for me, these forums are the true DC community. <3

Yeah, I've seen them in signatures as well. I believe that there's a DC thread on the Pokefarm Forums as well. I was thinking more of Twitter and Facebook. I'm not ON Facebook, so I'm curious to hear how much DC action goes on over there...Twitter seems pretty quiet with it at least.

I found DC because I saw eggs on people's pages on Howrse, actually.

And yeah, I understand moving away from social media. It can be a bit much.

Agreed, the Forums will always have the truest Community. It's our home base and much more in-depth (what with all the breeding projects, trading threads, the list goes on) than other social media will ever be. I just thought it might be interesting to branch out a bit more, maybe draw people deeper in; or be able to get trades and stuff picked up more quickly.

Edited by igloo9201

Mmm, that's a good point, Dew. I have a few DC friends on there, I'm in DC Groups, there's DC fanart...definitely quite a community over there.

I got here originally because of eggs posted in signatures on reptile forums, and saw some posted by people I knew back on MySpace when I was active there. Funny how other things have fallen by the way, yet the Cave remains. laugh.gif

There's actually a rather large DC community on FaceBook with nearly 1000 members. I'm a member, and a bunch of other people I know from the forums or IRC are members as well. Not all have forum access, too, so that's also pretty cool.

Ooh, what forum was it Dragongrrl? *Loves reptiles*

So, sounds like there's quite a bit of a Facebook presence at least. Now all we need is to invade Twitter, lol!

Ooh, what forum was it Dragongrrl? *Loves reptiles*

There were a LOT, and I lost all my bookmarks when the drive died, but beardeddragon.org and reptilegeeks were my favorites.

Beardies are really special. <3

I used to own a beardie, he certainly was special. <3 He died last month, though. sad.gif

I am part of a FB group but I never check it. If I want to know what's going on in DC I just come here. And I don't even bother with twitter. It's an interesting idea, though. If the FB group suddenly got a lot more active I think I might check it out more, but until then, these forums will always be my main hub. rolleyes.gif

I know of the FB group but I don't use FB anymore. :s

I'm pretty sure there's a bit of a community on Tumblr, I frequent it sometimes. I met with quite a few prize owners who are tumblr centric there. rolleyes.gif

For those that don't know:

Official DC Twitter: https://twitter.com/dragon_cave

Official DC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dragon.cave.game

And plug for the unofficial (ie NOT run by TJ) tumblr: http://undragcave.tumblr.com/

I find it easiest to do trading on the forum and raising with fansites, but I do like having some interaction on other forums and some social media sites.

I didn't know there was an unofficial tumblr. Following.

But yes, like many others, I'm aware of the FB and Twitter, but don't do much with them. Most of my interaction comes from other forum sites and DeviantART.

This forum's perfect for me. Through two dog forums I found DC and we are a group of around 20 who help each other. They mostly catch CBs for my projects, they get prozes, trios, reds and pinks from me.

Edited by lilysally

I'm a member of the DC facebook Group but haven't really checked in on it for a while.

So it definitely seems like there's a FB community, even if a lot of people here don't do much with it.

I definitely agree with Socks about raising and trading being easier here/on click sites. Although I think that maybe if DC got more prominent on social media, trading could be faster...but that's just my theory.

I do like interacting with other DC users away from this forum, but the forum will always be the best place to do stuff. I actually met a really cool newish user on Twitter, I told him about click sites and stuff.

When i was starting out i just posted my scroll on social media(facebook and Twitter) but then i realized it wasnt necessary so i stopped.the only dragcave community i need are these forums.

P.s getting views for magistream,eggcave and pokefarm is really alot.png harder than dragcave,dragcave is effortless.