Fuzzbucket

The big ! warning

I wish they were tied to trophies. The better the trophy, the smaller that ! mark. I'm "cave-old" and I *know* these things were retired, thank you very much.

If i know for sure that this ugly signs will not be removed i solemly swear i wil block this images for eternity!

This signs should be optional if they continue to be used in the encyclopedia and in the spammy way for nearly all actions. You know they will pop up for Naming... dry.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

Oh! That's so clever. Great idea for the discontinued breeds so they don't confuse users. Thanks for pointing it out. o3o

True. But something a little less ghastly more fitting for the medieval setting would be much, much better!

The more I look at them and more they remind me modern construction site's signs.

I don't have anything against them being very big/colorful etc, but I would prefer a more medieval look, too.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Oh! That's so clever. Great idea for the discontinued breeds so they don't confuse users. Thanks for pointing it out. o3o

~

Actually, the more I see the signs in the encyclopedia, the more I like them there, lol.

But the LOOK of them, socky ? They are so very un-mediaeval.

If they are OK, presumably we can now have non-mediaeval things in descriptions, no ? xd.png

I like the idea to change it. Why not keep the square but make it a green color and put a dragon in the middle of it? or a nice deep blue, so many ideas. I mean I get it was made to be noticed.

If i know for sure that this ugly signs will not be removed i solemly swear i wil block this images for eternity!

Good luck with that - these are not really images. TJ is using a clever mix of stylesheet wizardry and simple characters to display these signs. (Yeah, I'm rather impressed by the technology as such, I just don't like the outcome very much.)

I try it and yeah that is even more horrible.

Why must we stare at a attention danger sign in the encyclopedia just because the Bright Pink and Frills are discontinued?

This yellow attention here is a dangerous area sign should be used for kill, bite, earthquake and mayby abandon plus freeze.

Have to check it out how i can block this.

If you have adblock you can right click the sign and choose the block the "ad" to get rid of it without affecting any other part of the site. Not sure what you'd do to remove them outside of that, though I'm certain there's a way.

If you have adblock you can right click the sign and choose the block the "ad" to get rid of it without affecting any other part of the site. Not sure what you'd do to remove them outside of that, though I'm certain there's a way.

Element hider within adblock plus works even better. (I have also hidden all those SILLY suggestions amazon insists on telling me about, that bear NO relation to my wishes, as well as that evil link that tries to suck you into amazon prime without noticing... THAT one has made it into court in the UK !)

But the LOOK of them, socky ? They are so very un-mediaeval.

If they are OK, presumably we can now have non-mediaeval things in descriptions, no ? xd.png

Portal skin isn't Medieval-looking or based either. I don't see why either that or the notifications should affect the setting the cave is based in? That's like saying we play this game on a computer, so there's no way this can be a Medieval setting. =p

My first post already explained I do not care if the symbols are changed. However, that doesn't change the fact that they are rapidly growing on me. =)

Portal skin isn't Medieval-looking or based either. I don't see why either that or the notifications should affect the setting the cave is based in? That's like saying we play this game on a computer, so there's no way this can be a Medieval setting. =p

Portal is Portal, but the default skin has a vaguely medieval look and feel. It was more noticeable in the previous default, but it is still there - browns, beiges, pastels, woods; textures of the scroll parchment and the cave walls... The bright blue square with its monotonous bright colour and sharp, man-made contours is just out of place in that setting - somewhat like a fluorescent t-shirts in a King Arthur film.

The shape looks a tad better on Dinocave skin, but it's still a jarring note and (imo) desensitises users to warnings by exposing them to a lot of largely unnecessary exclamations (I, for one, have more than enough Purples to not worry if I use up one or two... dozen... on the wrong dragons... As for Pinks, I triple-check every influence anyway. But the reasons as to the unnecessariness of the sign have been covered on the last 5 pages and I doubt I'll add something new...)

Portal is Portal, but the default skin has a vaguely medieval look and feel. It was more noticeable in the previous default, but it is still there - browns, beiges, pastels, woods; textures of the scroll parchment and the cave walls...  The bright blue square with its monotonous bright colour and sharp, man-made contours is just out of place in that setting - somewhat like a fluorescent t-shirts in a King Arthur film.

The shape looks a tad better on Dinocave skin, but it's still a jarring note and (imo) desensitises users to warnings by exposing them to a lot of largely unnecessary exclamations (I, for one, have more than enough Purples to not worry if I use up one or two... dozen... on the wrong dragons... As for Pinks, I triple-check every influence anyway. But the reasons as to the unnecessariness of the sign have been covered on the last 5 pages and I doubt I'll add something new...)

Exactly.

But socky - that logic almost sounds like we could describe robot dragons if we used portal... xd.png And those WOULD be nixed, wouldn't they biggrin.gif

I can live with having them - just not the look of them (that said, I have blocked them; I see the warning words and no ! so...)