orrrangeee

Yogurt

Favorite Type of Yogurt?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not too much fan of the regular/greeks, but frozen? Oh Yeah biggrin.gif Never heard of dips or Popsicles though, but hey, I live in Norway and we get everything last. We got Yoberry (a FroYo variation) last year, lol.

It's a hard choice between frozen and regular for me, but I eat more regular yogurt so I went with that. :/ I've been eating a lot of banana flavored yogurt lately...didn't think I'd like it that much but I tried it and was surprised to find that I liked it.

Usually I like honey flavored Greek yogurt, or plain/vanilla with honey and grapenuts mixed in. Mmmmm.

I really hate like, original yoghurt, you know, the sour kind with nothing added at all.

I like plain yogurt with added honey smile.gif

The only yogurt I like is coconut Chobani with almonds and chocolate chips in it.

I had to search that up. Sounds amazing. Anything with chocolate is bomb.

The only yogurt I like is coconut Chobani with almonds and chocolate chips in it.

I LOVE that stuff! It's really more a dessert than anything else, though. xd.png

Speaking of desserts, I am off to go get some frozen yoghurt!

I don't like yogurt ;-; that should be a poll option.

I admit I was probably traumatized at a young age by one of those yogurts that has fruit in the bottom, though. Texture kills me.

Fruit on the bottom? Yick, Odie. My mom still considers that a technical advancement, and every time she eats yogurt she informs me in the 60s all yogurt was plain and you had to mix preserves in yourself if you wanted it flavored.

I lived off of yogurt for like 2 months following stomach surgery. Lowfat greek yogurt is pretty much a nutritionally complete meal, if you're not hurting for dietary fiber.

Fruit on the bottom? Yick, Odie. My mom still considers that a technical advancement, and every time she eats yogurt she informs me in the 60s all yogurt was plain and you had to mix preserves in yourself if you wanted it flavored.

I lived off of yogurt for like 2 months following stomach surgery. Lowfat greek yogurt is pretty much a nutritionally complete meal, if you're not hurting for dietary fiber.

But it's full of icky mushy rabbit food ;-; how do you even do it. Pretty much all I could ever manage was Gogurt that I stuck in a freezer first and ate like a popsicle.

But it's full of icky mushy rabbit food ;-; how do you even do it. Pretty much all I could ever manage was Gogurt that I stuck in a freezer first and ate like a popsicle.

That kind of defeats the purpose of eating a cultured dairy, though, most strains of probiotics (at least those commonly found in commercially available yogurt) aren't particularly resistant to cold temperatures.

Side note, frozen yogurt is not a great source of live and active cultures, in case anyone was using that as a justification. It's just delicious.

You and your resistance to eating plants... I swear.

I LOVE that stuff! It's really more a dessert than anything else, though. xd.png

Speaking of desserts, I am off to go get some frozen yoghurt!

I know, that's why I like it, it is dessert.

That kind of defeats the purpose of eating a cultured dairy, though, most strains of probiotics (at least those commonly found in commercially available yogurt) aren't particularly resistant to cold temperatures.

Side note, frozen yogurt is not a great source of live and active cultures, in case anyone was using that as a justification. It's just delicious.

You and your resistance to eating plants... I swear.

Up until very recently I survived on ramen noodles and soup - do I sound like I'm particularly concerned with probiotics and active cultures? x333

And it's not that I don't like plants (even though I don't), I just can't handle that whole dipping a spoon into a soft pudding-y bowl and pulling out something that squishes and has seeds in. It's like a betrayal.

Up until very recently I survived on ramen noodles and soup - do I sound like I'm particularly concerned with probiotics and active cultures? x333

And it's not that I don't like plants (even though I don't), I just can't handle that whole dipping a spoon into a soft pudding-y bowl and pulling out something that squishes and has seeds in. It's like a betrayal.

So it's just textured fruit yogurts that weird you out? Usually the ones like gogurt and others that are marketed toward children have smoother textures without seeds or pulp.

Conversely you could take plain yogurt and add fruit syrups to it?

I don't know, I've never thought about it. The closest thing to a fruit or vegetable anything in my house is my bottle of multivitamins ;-; I am so bad at adulting. I might be able to do something raspberry or cherry flavored, but that's hardly getting the full benefit of yogurt at that point is it?

I don't know, I've never thought about it. The closest thing to a fruit or vegetable anything in my house is my bottle of multivitamins ;-; I am so bad at adulting. I might be able to do something raspberry or cherry flavored, but that's hardly getting the full benefit of yogurt at that point is it?

Epicurious has a simple to follow, illustrated tutorial for making your own - I imagine you could alter the recipe to suit your tastes, plus who is cool enough to say 'I make my own yogurt' these days?

You can avoid the pitfalls of it being 'stuff with bits in it.'

<3

I can't decide if I like strawberry yogurt or greek tzatziki better. It's amazing as a savory condiment!

It was hard to choose between Greek and Popsicles, but I really, really love how Greek yogurt tastes. I chose Greek yogurt.

The thing with yogurt popsicles is that I used to buy (I haven't had one in years) these plain yogurt popsicles that they submerge into liquid chocolate, and then they put over the chocolate layer whatever you like: Cocoa Krispies, chocolate chips, almonds, nuts, lots of different candies... I personally adore nuts over the chocolate layer. Then obviously the chocolate layer solidifies holding the nuts. They're ridiculously yummy >.<

I like all kinds of yogurt, but the only thing I hate is that every brand (or at least every brand around here) has bits of fruit inside the yogurt. Darn!

Anyway, is Petit Suisse considered yogurt? Because Petit Suisse just blows my mind *3*

I love frozen yoghurt. I like the plain version the best, but I got into yoghurt when I tasted one with blueberry toppings. Nowadays, I prefer fresh cranberry or kiwi toppings, since the blueberry preserve topping is usually really sweet. Then there are times when I want to be adventurous and add topping combinations that I have never tried before--with toppings ranging from various kinds of fruits, nuts, chocolates, pastries (cookie bits, brownie bits, cheesecake bits).

The last serving of yoghurt I had was black yoghurt (activated charcoal + Greek yoghurt). ^^

I prefer filmjölk for like breakfast and with cereal and fruit, but yoghurt is a very nice dessert. I had some vanilla yoghurt and strawberries yesterday. happy.gif Flavoured quark is very yummy too. Greek yoghurt is awesome as well, but it's difficult to get ahold of around here.

I've wanted to try frozen yoghurt for a long time, but every time I've come across it it has been presented in such an annoyingly chipper, health-nutty way that it's turned me off from even approaching the stall. Makes you feel unwelcome, y'know. Don't you dare diss ice cream damnit.

Edited by Ripan