orrrangeee

Yogurt

Favorite Type of Yogurt?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*Feel free to close if this is a duplicate. I did look around but I could have missed something similar.

Discuss yogurt~ flavors, types, just... all of that stuff.

Okay, so I love yogurt. I have two of those little yogurt cups a day- breakfast and lunch and let me just say, I have no idea what I would have as a snack if there was no yogurt.

Fro-yo is amazing- especially with those popper toppings (if you've ever had bubble tea its like the bubbles, except they pop in your mouth). My favorite flavor is green tea.

I personally love Greek yogurt (the fruity kind). People say its too dry but I think its amazing. Especially Oikos' Lime. I just love it.

My family eats quite a lot of greek yoghurt. It's in at least 2 of our dinners per week. We make various dips with it as a base (grilled eggplant, tatziki, carrot). And we also eat it on french toast and with some of our traditional eastern European pastries. smile.gif

I like fruit based yoghurts too, but if I have more than one of those tubs it tends to ... erm, go straight through me.

I prefer greek yoghourt over regular yoghourt. Completely different texture imo. I'm not a fan of fruity flavors, so I usually go for vanilla or plain.

How do you spell this word anyway? (I spell it like I say it in french, and my spellcheck says it's right… right?)

I prefer greek yoghourt over regular yoghourt. Completely different texture imo. I'm not a fan of fruity flavors, so I usually go for vanilla or plain.

How do you spell this word anyway? (I spell it like I say it in french, and my spellcheck says it's right… right?)

It's spelled Yogurt in 'Murica.

I prefer frozen yogurt to others.

My family eats quite a lot of greek yoghurt. It's in at least 2 of our dinners per week. We make various dips with it as a base (grilled eggplant, tatziki, carrot). And we also eat it on french toast and with some of our traditional eastern European pastries. smile.gif

I like fruit based yoghurts too, but if I have more than one of those tubs it tends to ... erm, go straight through me.

Ooh, dips, yes. Back in middle school my mom would get these Greek Yogurt cucumber dips that I would bring to school with veggies for lunch.

That poll just about killed me. I freeze my Greek Yogurt. Lol. Am I weird?

Nah, I freeze my Activia. I like it frozen for about an hour, so its frozen on the outside, nearly frozen on the inside, but not completely. I hate it when it freezes too long and turns into an ice cube which you have to stab...

I love vanilla yoghurt, the kind that tastes a bit sour not the sweet ones

all my rats past and present love yoghurt, I like to give them the fruity ones but all of them have liked the sweet vanilla ones best

I love yoghurt! I like Greek yoghurt with some fruit, a bit of honey, and/or some oats in it. Delicious!

In Australia I see yoghurt used more often, and sometimes yogurt. On wikipedia there's a heap of different spellings, probably why spellcheck didn't throw a flag up at it. Weird how a word has so many different spellings. xd.png

I love yoghurt! Whether as a dip, salad dressing, additive to cooking, on it's own or frozen. I'm not a huge fan of Greek yoghurt however, although I do eat the fruity or otherwise flavoured varieties. The plain stuff is rather ah, bland to my palate. My favourite yogurt is a toss up between frozen and regular, but the berry or vanilla flavours tend to be the ones I go for. French vanilla flavoured is awesome. Also love when it's mixed with muesli mix, tastes great.

Mmmm, yogurt. happy.gif Yes, I do enjoy it. I'm a particular fan of Oikos Greek yogurt, especially the Triple Zero. Lots of protein, tasty delicious, and no added sugar -- I only wish it came in Apple Pie flavor! The local grocery store has a hard time keeping it all in stock.

I admit, I look forward to having some every morning. Whenever I see someone going after my yogurt, I tend to make stabby motions with my spoon at them.

They back off real quick.

An additional piece of heaven is dumping in a 1/3 cup of granola into it. WORTH DYING FOR.

Edited by Dragon Mage

Mmmm, yogurt. happy.gif Yes, I do enjoy it. I'm a particular fan of Oikos Greek yogurt, especially the Triple Zero. Lots of protein, tasty delicious, and no added sugar -- I only wish it came in Apple Pie flavor! The local grocery store has a hard time keeping it all in stock.

I admit, I look forward to having some every morning. Whenever I see someone going after my yogurt, I tend to make stabby motions with my spoon at them.

They back off real quick.

An additional piece of heaven is dumping in a 1/3 cup of granola into it. WORTH DYING FOR.

Yes! They need to make desert greek yogurts. They have the regular ones from like, Danone and stuff in chocolate pudding, pie, etc... so why not greek?

I love all kinds of yogurt, but especially when frozen and I can get a spoon to basically make shaved ice yogurt. Yogurt with granola (or other fruity bits) is also fantastic.

One thing I really don't like, is runny yogurt. Now, I understand with parfaits you can't have extremely thick yogurt but I hate how its watery.

One thing I really don't like, is runny yogurt. Now, I understand with parfaits you can't have extremely thick yogurt but I hate how its watery.

Lol yeah. I like yogurt popsicles. Lol.

I like regular yogurt or those with a bit of flavor in them. Not the kind with fruit bits in.

I only eat it because of my medication. It helps lessening the side effects of my pills actually.

I just had fresh grapes, strawberries and pomegranate seeds with greek yoghurt, and it was super yummy. I highly recommend. smile.gif

Does anyone know of ice cream made with yogurt? I've had naan made with yogurt.

In the 1970s and 80s, frozen yogurt became a very popular treat around here. You could buy tubs at Safeway or other large grocery store, and yogurt shops opened all over. They were just like ice cream parlors, but with yogurt instead. Sprinkles, nuts, cones, even yogurt pops. My favorite flavor was lemon, and raspberry was very good too. Chocolate and vanilla weren't quite as good in yogurt as ice cream. I haven't had any in years though, and since reading this thread, I think I need to look around for some. Very refreshing. biggrin.gif

Now, I use plain Greek yogurt, and substitute it for sour cream sometimes. Yogurt and salsa go great on a baked potato. I've also been using it in some baking experiments. Sometimes it works, sometimes the chickens get the results. rolleyes.gif

I think it will be possible to bake a good cake made with yogurt.

In the 1970s and 80s, frozen yogurt became a very popular treat around here. You could buy tubs at Safeway or other large grocery store, and yogurt shops opened all over. They were just like ice cream parlors, but with yogurt instead. Sprinkles, nuts, cones, even yogurt pops. My favorite flavor was lemon, and raspberry was very good too. Chocolate and vanilla weren't quite as good in yogurt as ice cream. I haven't had any in years though, and since reading this thread, I think I need to look around for some. Very refreshing. biggrin.gif

Now, I use plain Greek yogurt, and substitute it for sour cream sometimes. Yogurt and salsa go great on a baked potato. I've also been using it in some baking experiments. Sometimes it works, sometimes the chickens get the results. rolleyes.gif

I think it will be possible to bake a good cake made with yogurt.

Cake, hmm?? Maybe icing made with yogurt?

biggrin.gif I love frozen yogurt! Eyup!

Yeah, well, according to the poll that seems to be the favorite. I personally thought popsicles would win, with greek/frozen in second. I'm really surprised the amount of views regular has. I didn't know so many people just liked plain old yogurt.

Yeah, well, according to the poll that seems to be the favorite. I personally thought popsicles would win, with greek/frozen in second. I'm really surprised the amount of views regular has. I didn't know so many people just liked plain old yogurt.

The simpler the better, right? Lol