Epyon

Pirates of the Realms OOC

I should have mentioned, ye.

He's at the Moonlit Dell.

I'll be back in a few hours. Got work to do today. xd.png

Edited by Brotato

Brotato? What's a carta? You mentioned it in your post but I'm unfamiliar with the term.

It's like a mafia, just more mercantilist.

A criminal syndicate employed by the wealthiest merchants to prevent other small groups from beating their prices and stealing their business. The carta are employed to shakedown rival traders and essentially force them into submission to the bigger more influential traders, or to assassinate those who would not obey otherwise. They're a group of underground murderers and thugs, ruled by the merchants with the largest coin purses. laugh.gif

Also, I'm gonna make Budrik cause a hella noise now. How do you guys feel about a bar brawl? biggrin.gif

Doesn't matter, writing it anyway.

Edited by Brotato

Seems an odd choice of employ for a prospective pirate hunter. However, I will not allow something like a brawl of any sort unless it's been agreed upon by the others, myself included. My rule of being courteous to others extends to this.

In addition, a drunk dwarf will not be able to fight as well as he would if he was sober. Looking at that post, it seems to me that Budrik had a bit of a growth spurt with the way he was fighting and where the blows landed. I'm also rather surprised that Budrik noticed a dark elf and yet continued fighting whereas any of the other surface races would've stopped what they were doing and likely have gone for weapons at the mere sight of a dark elf. Of course, Zaknayrr has been in Waterdeep for about seventy years now so the people of Waterdeep will do no such thing against him. Budrik, I'm assuming, doesn't know about him.

Edited by Epyon

Before I forget, shall I make a chatzy in addition to the OOC so it can be easier communication wise?

This RP does look very nice.

I just read through the important bits of the Wiki.

Also, the posts... glad I caught it at an early stage.

So, if I were to make a Pirate, or a Pirate hunter, who would my character go see to be signed on as a member of someone's crew?

Hey there! I'm working on signing on my Shield Warf as a Pirate Hunter under the Shadow of Night (the ship). If you read the posts, you might be familiar with the names. As for what to do with a pirate, well, I was wondering that myself.

Anyway, post a sheet and we'll help you further.

Hey, how about dat Chatzy, eh? biggrin.gif

Ep's waiting for the opinions of others, I think.

For a pirate, you would look for Briagh. He's my Shield Dwarf that's captain of the Stormlight, currently docked at Mintarn.

As described in the information of the RP, Waterdeep is the starting location of all pirate hunters while the Moonshae Isles is the starting point of all pirates. For the pirates, you're free to start out as an established crew member under Briagh's command or show up as a potential new recruit.

For pirate hunters, I think Ep is only going to roll with new recruits to Zaknayrr's crew but, I'd ask him about that. Shadow of Night is manned by some 300 members after all.

Narvix pretty much covered it, so there isn't much for me to say really. But you can also be a merchant if fighting isn't your thing, just be mindful that pirates will attack you. So if you can't fend them off or out run them, you'll need to hope a pirate hunting ship is nearby.

And since there's a good number of people in the rp, any newcomers (Brotato included) will now be able to captain their own ship.

Edited by Epyon

Quick notes (coming up on a deadline, so limited posting time - sorry):

Being an ex-carta pirate hunter: I think that totally works actually. Consider you're in trouble with the maffia/carta, so you need to get out of Waterdeep NOW. And hey look, there's a ship about to leave! That's perfect, because following you overseas will be much harder than following a land-based caravan. So if that ship happens to hunt pirates? You are totes a pirate hunter!

Chatzy: My vote would be no (sorry). I don't have the time for chatzy and while I don't object to other people using it on principle, I've noticed in the past that if half the players are chatting, the other half tends to miss relevant discussions. So I'm for no, unless it's really only for chat and not plot discussion. Go right ahead (also: see my post below).

Starting a bar brawl: No objections. Calendriel might (try to) sit it out, but Grimwald (Biologist's char) would be totally in.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Yes, that's what I was considering. laugh.gif Now I just hope him overhearing the conversation from the bar in a crowded tavern coming all the way from a table at the edge of the building isn't pushing it. xd.png I'll post soon. I don't want to cut in on someone's conversation.

About Chatzy: I understand. I just wanted to get to know you guys, and maybe have a quicker response system to what is allowed, not allowed, and so on.

The Brawl: I'm still kind of disappointed about not going through with the brawl. =I

Usually the RPs I start in always end up dragging out with mind-numbingly courteous introduction sequences that just buzzkill starting up an RP.

I wanted us to start with a bang, if it were.

Edited by Brotato

Oh yeah, I have no objections to chatzy for those purposes so I'll switch my vote to "go right ahead" then smile.gif.

Well Grimwald jus pulled his sword (because Drow in the room), so depending on how other N/PCs react to that, you may still get your wish.

Perhaps. Best not to taunt OP, though. :3

Anyway, I guess I'll post now. xd.png

Edited by Brotato

Oh, trust me, I'm fine with the bar brawl, but I also felt it rather too soon to get into the thick of things. And I was rather anticipating that someone would take offense to the drow and there are some crew members from the Shadow of Night in the Moonlit Dell so you may still get your wish, as Mistress said.

Oh my, Calendriel is turning out a lot more barbed-tongued than I originally envisioned her. I'd like to apologize on her behalf xd.png.

Haha, no worries. I'm actually happy with this revelation as it's presenting Zaknayrr with a dilemma.

Sorry for playing such an obnoxious man. I mean no harm happy.gif

I've been in a whole lot of RPs.

The vast majority were composed of meek gutless posh pacifist sues.

Brother, your obnoxious character is like a breath of fresh air to me. xd.png

I'll try to post, but in case I didn't it's because I didn't have enough time to right now.

Also I might be a bit pressed for time during the day for two weeks starting on the 14th . I'll be able to post once or twice a day at least, but not more, I think. I'll be attending day-long courses at sea, so yea... no internet in the ocean. :s But I'll be coming back every night, I think.

Just a heads-up. unsure.gif