RWyvern

Wyvern do the artie

WELL I left this thread for way too long. Sorry guys :'D Clearly monster hunter and smash bros have been taking up too much of my time.

And now

//flips a table, what is water

The sisku, Chauliodus mahemiator

user posted image

Total body length 5m (16')

Related to: the Pacific viperfish

Part of the unofficial Aisherican apex predator trio, the sisku haunts the epipelagic zone of the inland Ilar Ocean. One of their most defining features are their large, independently-moving eyes nestled in a mesh of nerves, blood vessels and muscle fibres beneath a transparent dome. This allows the sisku a wide field of view. The huge arms and their cagelike spines, normally held folded up close to the body, have a vicelike grip and both trap and impale captured targets simultaneously. Though definitely most capable in the water, the sisku is capable of propelling its entire body length and then some clear from the water to snatch fliers, and beach itself to pursue terrestrial prey.

Don't know how long it'll be until the next creature is finished, but it'll definitely be after this cold I've caught in the past twenty-four hours is gone. The roughest of rough sketches is down though. It's something with six limbs. Something Corvid.

Holy wackamoley that's amazing. How do you get the scales like that?

LAYERS

Different patterns all on top of one another and plenty of erasing in an effort to achieve a look of depth (I hope). At least, that's what I did for the sides of the body. The rest just sorta worked :D

Edited by rampaging wyvern

From the first sketch to a finished work, it averages out around a few hours. Probably five for something like the sisku, six or seven for one with a more complex design like the bahurabi. I'm not exactly a fast drawer :P

WELL I left this thread for way too long. Sorry guys :'D Clearly monster hunter and smash bros have been taking up too much of my time.

And now

//flips a table, what is water

The sisku, Chauliodus mahemiator

user posted image

Total body length 5m (16')

Related to: the Pacific viperfish

Part of the unofficial Aisherican apex predator trio, the sisku haunts the epipelagic zone of the inland Ilar Ocean. One of their most defining features are their large, independently-moving eyes nestled in a mesh of nerves, blood vessels and muscle fibres beneath a transparent dome. This allows the sisku a wide field of view. The huge arms and their cagelike spines, normally held folded up close to the body, have a vicelike grip and both trap and impale captured targets simultaneously. Though definitely most capable in the water, the sisku is capable of propelling its entire body length and then some clear from the water to snatch fliers, and beach itself to pursue terrestrial prey.

Don't know how long it'll be until the next creature is finished, but it'll definitely be after this cold I've caught in the past twenty-four hours is gone. The roughest of rough sketches is down though. It's something with six limbs. Something Corvid.

Those Shadows!!! ohmy.gifohmy.gif

I bow down to you, Oh Mighty One.

and now I shall stalk *rubs hands together* yes, yes, I must stalk...

Edited by ArendaBluez13

More stalkers? this pleases me

Here's another stalker

user posted image

(For the love of everything view the less compressed entire image instead of the compressed compressed version here :____; )

Updated Thanvei skeleton! There were several things I had issues with in the original one I never finished, and it turns out the caudal vertebrae and chevrons I were dreading so much weren't even half bad.

Also included a couple of dorsal and lateral views of the dorsal chevrons and a ventral view of multiple interlocking ventral chevrons.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT SEEING THIS 3D PRINTED WOULD BE HECKA AMIRITE

Absolutely. Also I like many others here would probably scream like a little girl if I saw this thing in a dark corridor xd.png Your stuff always amazes me.

Yes it's a good idea to be scared of her, though chances are if you see her she's already seen you and was planning to nom you anyway

And a dorsal view!

user posted image

Yeah I'm not so great when it comes to dorsal views and I ran outta room for the tail. Also it was really jarring realising just how wide her double shoulders actually needed to be - she's still barely a metre wide there, thank goodness. Needs to keep her stalky-ness and slip-through-trees-and-bushes-silently-ness.

Skull details and closeups next!

MAN I REALLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU ALL BUT THE IDEA OF SEEING THIS 3D PRINTED WOULD REEEEEEAAAAL NICE

Oh my goodness, your art is so awesome! I always admire people who have a skill (like drawing and coding).

Some creatures are biological impossible, but well, it's kinda the spirit of 'origin'X D

Please, please don't stop doing these 'cause they're so amazing><

I would buy 3D printed monster skeletons, like seriously you have no idea how much money I'd throw at that. :U

please more skeletons

bones and anatomical models are no joke my favorite thing

i have too many

also if you try modeling it in Blender some libraries have 3D printing for pretty cheap

I'm having fun with teeth. I never actually decided how her teeth looked; I'd always only ever drawn her incisors and fangs. Going for Thylacoleo-style shearing molars with four crushing ones at the very back

Oh my goodness, your art is so awesome! I always admire people who have a skill (like drawing and coding).

Some creatures are biological impossible, but well, it's kinda the spirit of 'origin'X D

Please, please don't stop doing these 'cause they're so amazing><

i always find it funny when i tell someone that the Thanvei evolved from a frill-necked lizard because they have like nothing in common aside from both being in the Chlamydosaurus genus, having frills and being scaly

I literally decided they were related as a joke

:'D

I don't plan on stopping any time soon! Maybe when I finally destroy my eyes at age 30 from too much small fine lineart but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I would buy 3D printed monster skeletons, like seriously you have no idea how much money I'd throw at that. :U

please more skeletons

bones and anatomical models are no joke my favorite thing

i have too many

also if you try modeling it in Blender some libraries have 3D printing for pretty cheap

You'd better be prepared to throw a lot because I can say from experience they're expensive as hecke

even my deer skull didn't cost as much

or my cat and rat skeletons combined

or my toad skeleton

or my horseshoe crab

actually all of those combined

since I lack any skill in 3D sculpting and have no access to everything else because australia is behind the times I found a guy in the USA who actually does these things as a job, and although technically this files under custom requests I like to think of it as a collaborative project, with me drawing all the necessary angles.

that's what those thingies above are about

and i'm really excited <33

No teeth yet oops

but I did some experimenting with a mixed-media art, a hybrid of my standard HB graphite pencil with coloured pencils and a bit of ink, both of which I haven't used in ages. HUGE thanks to Sharlykng for showing me how to go about photoshop and do transparency for sig versions <33

user posted image

again, fullsize linked

Another tiny little work like the one last page at about 12 cm long, depicting one of my roleplay characters, Rethete. He's a gay surgeon gemshard dragon.

I really love the result of this so I'm gonna do more of my characters along with a few of Fata's.

I heard gay dragons wat I AM HERE

Oh, I never posted here, Hi, your are is too amaze for this world *dies because of the awesomeness*

go to pow-wows they have hella bones for cheap (idk they probably don't exist in Australia tho??? so maybe like flea markets or something?)

or you can always articulate skeletons you find because its freeeeee (which is what I'm learning how to do atm with a chicken and a groundhog) ;D

That's really awesome, though! You'll have to show off the finished result for sure! biggrin.gif

That ink work tho

are you a wizard

O.O

I heard gay dragons wat I AM HERE

Oh, I never posted here, Hi, your are is too amaze for this world *dies because of the awesomeness*

GAY DRAGONS

I hate it when people die from my art D: //sweeps thread

go to pow-wows they have hella bones for cheap (idk they probably don't exist in Australia tho???  so maybe like flea markets or something?)

or you can always articulate skeletons you find because its freeeeee (which is what I'm learning how to do atm with a chicken and a groundhog) ;D

That's really awesome, though!  You'll have to show off the finished result for sure! biggrin.gif

That ink work tho

are you a wizard

O.O

never heard of them... looks like a job for google.

My deer skull and horseshoe crab were actually picked up from two different shows/markets, the cat and rat are the only things I've obtained from a professional skeleton-outlet thingamajig. Never tried articulating my own skeletons. Y'know, because a: i have never found a complete skeleton and b: i actually don't have the materials :''D

AND THEN YOU CAN NEVER IMPORT STUFF BECAUSE AUSTRALIA

No no, I'm not a wizard. I'm just a regular eighteen year old just doin' her thing.

... or maybe I just think that?

SPEAKING OF INK WORK

user posted image

Did another one and went a bit... overboard.

idk

it's my desipis, Medeus

some dragons just want to watch the world burn

stop asking questions

AAAAND

user posted image

Thanvei skull studies! She's got quite an underbite apparently.

loud screamign i said this already but rethete just looks amazing im cry so much your art is so beautiful

HO BOY I HAVEN'T SEEN MEDEUS YET BUT NI CE NI C E NICE

wyvern confirmed for actual art wizard 10/10

BACK TO BUSINESS

Unfortunately while I have a quite lot to show, the internet's being raaaather a butt today and not loading pages so here's a couple of things instead.

First up, this!

user posted image

I messed up and made the fullsize the same as the resize so I may fix that up tomorrow if you wanna see the detail I squished into something barely 11 cm long. Might even do a complete rescan because this one turned out a little different than I wanted but anyway

You've probably seen this guy as another artwork in my sig. It's Gowdali, one of my Seragammas.

He's a pretty good guy who's done some questionable things.

~

And introducing....

The nhyrhys, Draco osrepit

user posted image

Total body length ???m (actually I think it's somewhere around six because of that tail) (19')

Related to: nothing from the modern world. Bears some very distant connection to Draco sumatranus, the weshak's ancestor.

These cave-dwelling dragons are intelligent, solitary, acrobatic reptiles. They lack scales, with grey, translucent skin showing their anatomy off clearly. Aquatic until more recent generations, weak, flowing wings once used as a cover now serve as balancing rods, while their spiracles are still fully functional. Like amphibians, nhyrhys must remain near water at all times and as a result rarely venture from caves. Prehensile facial tendrils and tails allow the dragons to climb where others cannot, and tendrils help keep captured prey in check. They feed like snakes, with their prey of choice being abundant, armadillo-esque mammals. Vocal, nhyrhys screech and squeal as signs of anger, displeasure or distress (coupled with the raising of their lumbar barbs), a common response to meeting potential threats.

(im so proud of this one you guys. i barely referenced!)

Oh yes, this also!

This was a commissioned piece (second of two) for an author friend of mine. Full A4, got it done in a week. It depicts one of the main protagonists, a demon named Snarl.

user posted image

//so you ARE a wizard

why are your works not in museums and textbooks I'm running out of synonyms for gorgeous to describe your art with :'D

Until my stuff's old and faded it won't be going in any museum cos that's kinda what museums are about

old stuff

significant old stuff

find some synonyms in a different language then >3>

ALSO I RESCANNED GOWDALI PLZ CLICK

it's sooo much larger than the actual piece but y'know

user posted image

And also here's a WIP!

user posted image

fur is ;_____;

This is the kwaressi, Panthera opprimo. If any of you are good with Latin or otherwise manage to translate the name, you'll get an idea as to what's significant about this huge feline!

You need to take it to the next level and illustrate for professional stuff. cool.gif Those pencil drawings are magnifique! And it's always really nice and really amazing to see WIPs (dang son those crushing claws -- ambush predator?)

Well at least I got two things in a book! One day?

creature designing is what i hope to do

You guys reckon I should do a step-by-step kinda WIP thing? If you would like to see how I do the things! I'd probably quite willingly do that for both a pure graphite art and a coloured/ink one.

(getting warmer! Ambush is key. Those powerful shoulders and jaws are intended to pin things down - and the webbed paws help it get around its rather... watery habitat.)

SPEAKING OF INK WORK

user posted image

Did another one and went a bit... overboard.

idk

it's my desipis, Medeus

some dragons just want to watch the world burn

stop asking questions

I absolutely love this, Rampage! Such an epic portrait biggrin.gif If you ever do art of a breed I've worked on again, I'd absolutely love to see it.

Aaaaaaah this is so awesome ;A;

Thank you, ma'am, for making my day.

I absolutely love this, Rampage! Such an epic portrait biggrin.gif If you ever do art of a breed I've worked on again, I'd absolutely love to see it.

Aaaaaaah this is so awesome ;A;

Thank you, ma'am, for making my day.

=o hi there Piemaster! Aaaaaa I'm so happy you love this, and I'm gonna remember to show you if I do more stuff of breeds you've worked one. I showed birdz; clearly I forgot to scope you out xd.png

No, thank you for making my day!

Also!

user posted image

Nice large image linked there~

So here's Blood Stained Blades! He's a tragically psychopathic flamingo wyvern, with no sense of morality and a desire to kill any living being he sees - and his only friend is a rock he repeatedly attacks. Confined to a small patch of land for much of his life, he was eventually discovered and claimed by Medeus and his army. He's still restrained and held in chains much of the time, cared for by his handler. He basically now serves as a secret weapon, as his aggression, insensitivity to pain and wild behavior can quickly overwhelm a target.