RWyvern

Wyvern do the artie

Not taking requests

aaaand that's about it as far as hostility goes.

So hi! This is just where I'm going to upload my lil' creatures and doodles for you to ruin your eyes looking at (I'm still learniiiing). You'll only ever find everything but humans here because holy bananas those things are borderline impossible for me to draw. Sucks, really. Limits me very much as to what fanart I can do.

You might also find the odd piece of Monster Hunter art here.

I'm also limited to showing small JPEGs so beware of compression artifacts and thusly a lack of all detail. I have linked the full-sized works in the images though, if you want to burn your eyes out that badly.

So without further ado, have a few old-ish pieces I dragged up from the depths of my nonexistent portfolio, just to start things off. While these are aimed to be as believable as possible, they're still within the realms of fantasy. They're all creatures from a world I created (you can expect to see more of these) and I dropped a spot of info on each~

The ranuki, Odocoileus gemina

user posted image

Stands 1.2m (4') at the shoulders

Related to: the white-tailed deer

Common herding ungulates. Their distinctly sloped backs are covered in scales and their black-furred twin tails are used to communicate with other herd members. Not the smartest, relies heavily on herd instinct.

The anegi, Nasalis rostro

user posted image

Total armspan 1m (3'2")

Related to: the proboscis monkey

Small, gregarious primates. They are incredibly curious and easily entertained. Communication is via various chatters, barks and squeals. Their incisors and canines are always bared thanks to the cartilaginous 'beak' and dominance is often asserted depending on who has the better teeth.

The kobgnirps, Macropus antidorcas

user posted image

Standing at full height, 1.8m (6') at the shoulders

Related to: the red kangaroo

Large, herding macropods that have adopted bovine features. They possess thick fur around the shoulders as protection from rivals' claws in fights. The long fur on their neck, dewlap, ankles, twin hip 'flanges' and tail is thick and strong, desired by many along with their solid metatarsi.

Their name is springbok backwards, and their species name is the springbok's genus name. Because the kobgnirps was initially inspired by springboks.

also apparently i went back in time when signing this one off

The weshak, Draco princeps

user posted image

Total body length 30cm (11")

Related to: the gliding lizards in the Draco genus

The precursor to dragons. These small lizards are capable of powered flight, can grasp objects and can be taught to write and follow orders. They are friendly and very talkative, communicating via chatters and similar sounds. The dewlap on their ancestors has now become two separate prongs and they possess a second set of vestigial eyes, capable of sensing light and an aborted evolutionary attempt at giving the lizards better eyesight.

The bahurabi, Equus ferus cornucrista

user posted image

Stands 1.5m (5') at the withers

Related to: the domestic horse

Another herding ungulate, this species has been domesticated widely in the Southern Hemisphere. Their massive crests are light and combined with their slender build and long legs make agile runners. The tail spades are usually concealed beneath the fanlike hair and their protruding lower incisors are used to dig up roots. Twin-hoofed feet allow them to traverse more difficult terrain.

The tifoki, Clio solaucupe

user posted image

Total body length 2cm (0.3")

Related to: Clio pyramidata, a species of sea butterfly

Unlike their aquatic counterpart, this small snail lives in the trees. They are usually completely stationary, photosynthesizing from a branch, twig or leaf. They are extremely common in the Northern Hemisphere and are preyed on by several other species. Generally, the greener an individual, the healthier it is.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Aaaah to hear that coming from you made my night ;v; You do realise I stalk your thread and every time I see one of your artworks I think to myself the exact same thing

No pssh that is not fair I couldn't even come close to this! xd.png I mean like seriously your shading/anatomy/everything is beyond spot-on

I will be stalking

waitin for some more gorgeous

/hides in bushes

Ohhhhh my goodness, these are phenomenal!

You just keep getting better and better ;v;

For real, though, you have an excellent grasp of lighting and composition (among other things) and I am awed and a little jealous.

Draco princeps is rad as hell. What's your idea on how they made the transition from rib-slat sails to limb-like wings? (if you have one if not that's fine but I am interested in these things)

All of these fellas are fascinating and beautiful. Thank you for sharing them my eyes are not burned in the slightest

No pssh that is not fair I couldn't even come close to this!  xd.png  I mean like seriously your shading/anatomy/everything is beyond spot-on

I will be stalking

waitin for some more gorgeous

/hides in bushes

I could say the exact. Same. About you. ;v; Let's just agree to disagree, shall we?

sets cookies out in front of bushes

Oh goodness, your sketches are amazing!!!

Eeeeeey thank you!!

Ohhhhh my goodness, these are phenomenal!

You just keep getting better and better ;v;

For real, though, you have an excellent grasp of lighting and composition (among other things) and I am awed and a little jealous.

Draco princeps is rad as hell. What's your idea on how they made the transition from rib-slat sails to limb-like wings? (if you have one if not that's fine but I am interested in these things)

All of these fellas are fascinating and beautiful. Thank you for sharing them my eyes are not burned in the slightest

Aaaah thank you so so much ;v; I love me some nice lighting! Although I think it's safe to say you definitely surpass me when it comes to anatomical knowledge //fawns over your studies <3

Theoretical evolutionary paths have so many possibilities and I know a common one for many double-shouldered creatures is that one arm basically split into two, but these lil' princeps guys definitely never had that happen to them. I generally like to think that as they became more able in the air and the world began to really open up for them, the slats were gradually ditched in favour of a single one that ultimately ended up developed as a structure almost exactly like that of a wing on a bat.

I like to leave speculation open for people to form their own theories, though!

/v\ I has a nother on its way and I'll have its lineart up soon!

Anybody want a pair of tiny three inch long Rathalos?

user posted image

Spatio, Ace, come now! One each and all's good, yas? Or they can probably be cloned if keeping them a pair is necessary.

I would love to see them sprited for signatures... XD

Fata hi! Just look at us all, stalking each other's threads ;v; Your art is so magnificent I cri everytime

ayy yooo

yesyes artstalkers indeed ; w ;

im cry IN G no omg thank <33 ok but your art is like touches my heart,,, touches your heart,,, bruh

Here's a WIP of another creature I have coming up~~

it's a predator this time

user posted image

This is the sisku, related to the viperfish and is basically seven metres of nope. It is restricted to the inland Ilar Ocean but it is an apex predator there, haunting the epipelagic zone and targets anything up to half its body length, whether underwater, on the shore or even in the air. Those aiming to travel the most direct route to certain locales must be prepared to fly high and fly long, for the Ocean is almost as large as North America and few islands are truly safe to rest on.

RW I'm always amazed when you draw your creatures for your RPs! Here is no different. Not only are you creative when it comes to making them but how you put them together anatomy-wise and how you render them in graphite is on point. :0 Kind of like drawings you'd see in a field guide!

RWyvern you make me soooooo jealous! Even when I sketched A LOT I was never this good! i will be stalking from the bushes with Spatio and Luney!

WhaaaI never saw these replies oops! Thank you so much, both of you :'D

I have another two things to stick up here~

cries over the fact her scanner is apparently really dusty - edit: quick rescan, have the undusty version

user posted image

(please view the larger image; you can see all the detail ;w; //laments over her inability to draw hind feet)

Small lineart drawing of two of my most beloved DC dragons, Marth and Caeda. They're probably just taking a rest after a day on the battlefield.

I decided to see just how much I really knew and drew this without any references whatsoever (save for a quick look at the Copper sprite to make sure I drew Caeda's head right), which is also why she's lying on the Falchion's hilt. That can't be comfortable, sorry Caeda, but there was no way I was going to try and draw THAT from memory! In fact I did everything within my power to avoid drawing as much detail as possible, including positioning Marth's wing so I didn't have to draw his belt and half the scabbard.

Then after all that I decided I wanted to do all the detail possible on his hands, wrists and forearms which is why they're not covered like they usually are. Also it appears he got himself cut by a blade (or tooth, or claw) and it will probably scar so he should be thankful he can hide it, the narcissistic reptile. yeah I headcanon him and his video game counterpart as really quite the narcissist. Blame Awkward Zombie for that

Also that's apparently the smallest, finest an artwork my eyes can handle. It's only about 13 centimetres long and my eyes suffered from strain really quite badly, so I went out this morning and got myself a pair of magnifying glasses. They should help.

And then I have a WIP of the sisku, showing shading progress! I hate scales.

Just scales or scaly textures. Nope.

user posted image

YOUR ART IS WAY TOO BEAUTIFUL AND DETAILED IM

clutches heart

cuties<333 pls tell me more about dragon ocs i love ocs

keep drawing omg this is amaze [ disappears back into the shadows ]

//drags you out of the shadows

where do you think you're going

;w; thank ye once again

You wanna hear more about dragon ocs well shoot me a message and I'll talk your ears off~

um yes hello doctor you see this art is too fabulous and i simply cannot speak

I mean like look at those wings and 'cannot draw back feet' yeah ok no

But see whereas I can draw hands and wings fairly easily hind feet on the other hand are just like I have to redraw seven or eight times and I don't know why //flails

but hey at least we own chickens and their feet are fantastic referencing points for dragons I find but again I wasn't using references for that so /v\

I cry that shading and detail so. . . So wonderful my god I love this.

I am in awe.

OMG it's awesome! I really like those creatures, really. The shadowing are perfect and I only wish I could do that one day...I always mess it up when I try to shadowing. :/

You know what. I'm going to stk your guys threads from now on xDD

WELL I left this thread for way too long. Sorry guys :'D Clearly monster hunter and smash bros have been taking up too much of my time.

And now

//flips a table, what is water

The sisku, Chauliodus mahemiator

user posted image

Total body length 5m (16')

Related to: the Pacific viperfish

Part of the unofficial Aisherican apex predator trio, the sisku haunts the epipelagic zone of the inland Ilar Ocean. One of their most defining features are their large, independently-moving eyes nestled in a mesh of nerves, blood vessels and muscle fibres beneath a transparent dome. This allows the sisku a wide field of view. The huge arms and their cagelike spines, normally held folded up close to the body, have a vicelike grip and both trap and impale captured targets simultaneously. Though definitely most capable in the water, the sisku is capable of propelling its entire body length and then some clear from the water to snatch fliers, and beach itself to pursue terrestrial prey.

Don't know how long it'll be until the next creature is finished, but it'll definitely be after this cold I've caught in the past twenty-four hours is gone. The roughest of rough sketches is down though. It's something with six limbs. Something Corvid.