RockChick

Could everyone or as many as possible

An underground fanbase of In The Flesh have organised petitions to save the TV show. The BBC have decided to axe the hugely popular Bafta winning drama and not allow a third series in spite of it's astounding popularity and cult like status worldwide. This is the best show I have ever seen and means a lot to me personally as it helped me through traumatic time in my life and I know of others whom it has also helped. If you haven't seen it please catch up on it, you'll love it. Whenever I tell anyone about it they look it up and become hooked too...even if they generally aren't in to the zombie thing. If and when you have watched it and agree with me please sign. It would also help to write to the BBC and complain as their reasoning is ridiculous. They have decided to axe it because " we can only afford one drama per year" which is insane and untrue. They are returning from being a stage for best British drama shows to the most inept organisation on the face of the planet (as their reputation was in the 1990s) I have worked with the BBC as a journalist and am appalled. They are doing great damage to the brand by making this huge mistake. PLEASE PLEASE help us save the series.

Here are the links:

https://www.change.org/p/amazon-amazon-give...lesh-a-new-home

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-netflix-gi...lesh-a-new-home

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-three-give-in-...-a-third-season

It's free and takes two minutes to sign each one (max)

Here is a fan-based website dedicated to the campaign on tumblr: http://zoe-saveitfcampaign.tumblr.com/

If you have any questions please ask.

Thanks so much! tongue.gif

KEEP CALM AND ZOMBIE ON! laugh.gif

Edited by RockChick

An underground fanbase of In The Flesh have organised petitions to save the TV show. The BBC have decided to axe the hugely popular Bafta winning drama and not allow a third series in spite of it's astounding popularity and cult like status worldwide. This is the best show I have ever seen and means a lot to me personally as it helped me through traumatic time in my life and I know of others whom it has also helped. If you haven't seen it please catch up on it, you'll love it. Whenever I tell anyone about it they look it up and become hooked too...even if they generally aren't in to the zombie thing. If and when you have watched it and agree with me please sign. It would also help to write to the BBC and complain as their reasoning is ridiculous. They have decided to axe it because " we can only afford one drama per year" which is insane and untrue. They are returning from being a stage for best British drama shows to the most inept organisation on the face of the planet (as their reputation was in the 1990s) I have worked with the BBC as a journalist and am appalled. They are doing great damage to the brand by making this huge mistake. PLEASE PLEASE help us save the series.

Here are the links:

http://www.change.org/p/amazon-amazon-g ... a-new-home

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-netfli ... a-new-home

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-three-give ... ird-season

It's free and takes two minutes to sign each one (max)

Here is a fan-based website dedicated to the campaign on tumblr: http://zoe-saveitfcampaign.tumblr.com/

If you have any questions please ask.

Thanks so much! tongue.gif

KEEP CLAM AND ZOMBIE ON! laugh.gif

Oh my God! I watched this some time ago, had no idea it was canceled! I loved it but didn't follow more news on it because I completely forgot with so many other series I was watching at the time! It's a truly amazing work, you kinda forget about the whole "zombie" thing too. It was amazing how these episodes affected me so much.

I'd love to sign the petitions, but the links seem to be broken sad.gif

Thanks for reminding me of it btw! I will go rewatch it this week!

THE LINKS ARE NOW WORKING Sorry about that.

I had no idea until last week and I was like OMG no and actually cried. How could the BBC do such a thing. I got so caught up in life's events I forgot to follow up on it and perchance I found out about it so joined the campaign and am really putting myself out there to save the show. I believe we can do this we're so close but we still need as many signatures as possible and letters if you can manage it. It is, as you say, not really just about zombies it tackles so any issues about discrimination and being treated badly just because you're different, I mean, the list goes on, it's addictive and the characters are ssoooooooooooooo real. I can relate to it in so many ways.

Edited by RockChick

None of the really good zombie movies or shows have ever been about zombies, really. That's what makes them awesome. The George Romero 'Living Dead' movies were all allegories for cultural problems - the first one, Night of the Living Dead, was an allegory for the Red Scare and the Cold War and the fears going around at the time, while the second was about mindless consumerism. People who don't get it think they're just mindless gore-fests, always, but the best never are. I hope this works. I never watched the show - I've mostly stopped watching TV - but I support this on general principle.

Edited by Lurhstaap

None of the really good zombie movies or shows have ever been about zombies, really. That's what makes them awesome. The George Romero 'Living Dead' movies were all allegories for cultural problems - the first one, Night of the Living Dead, was an allegory for the Red Scare and the Cold War and the fears going around at the time, while the second was about mindless consumerism. People who don't get it think they're just mindless gore-fests, always, but the best never are. I hope this works. I never watched the show - I've mostly stopped watching TV - but I support this on general principle.

Yes that is true for many zombie films/shows. Yet this is very, very different, please try to catch up with it on youtube and you'll see what mean. Some zombie shows are gore fests, others have a message and it's usually the same one. In the Flesh is a million miles away from those. It's unique drama like nothing seen before on British TV or elsewhere and is becoming a worldwide phenomenon. That is what makes it so special and why I'm working my butt off to save it. Thanks very much for your support. smile.gif

Edited by RockChick

Thank you again very much. Keep them rolling in guys and pass the links on to others if you can (not necessarily on this board but to anyone you know personally you might be up for signing). THANKS! biggrin.gif

Edited by RockChick

UPDATE 13TH APRIL:

I have email the CEO of Amazon directly and received a very courteous, friendly response from her that assured me the boss will b 'happy to consider my suggestion'. I have also spoken to Netflix who said they would be 'happy to tak' on the show once they obtain a licence' as they are big fans. I even persuaded a bunch of Netflix employees to sign the petition themselves. This is going brilliantly well and I want you thank you again for your support so far. BUT DON'T STOP NOW, let's not rest on our laurels we still need those numbers in so keep up with the signing -pleeeasse :angel:

Ignore the media: they say no one is interested in taking In The Flesh on but they are. Iv'e heard it directly from the horses mouth. the Radio Times (UK magazine) are the only ones behind us revealing the truth. Ignore any negative talk, we can and WILL do this. Keep on singing guys and thanks so so much! biggrin.gif

Personally speaking I've needed something to keep me going during a very low point in my life and this has been the answer. If and when this works you'll be making millions of people very happy. What could be better than that as a reward?

Well done and thanks again cool.gif

Don't forget - don't just sign up, check it out - you'll love it tongue.gif

We need viewers as well as signatures biggrin.gif

Edited by RockChick

UPDATE: OK for some unknown reason (just when we were nearly there) JADE UPPED HE SIGNATURES NEEDED FOR nETFLIX TO 50,000 LEAVING US WAY BEHIND. We need more signatures urgently AND REMEMEBER, PLEASE DON't JUST SiGN BUT FORWARD THE PETITIONS ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN THINK OF. Don't spam every single ember on this site but pass it on to everyone you know persoanlly whether it just be someone you know online (on here or otherwise) or 'in the flesh', so to speak like mum dad, neighbours, school friends, work colleagues, cousins, extended family, teachers, bosses - anybody and everybody.

Thanks again :bounce: