MyaMouse

The Seven Seas OOC

I might've not put this, but Alex can speak a bunch of languages, including Mertongue, so Coralia and Alex can talk. But being able to speak Mertongue isn't an easy task. I don't want anyone to ask for it.

Oops, was I not supposed to put about Coralia's...?

QUICK! DELETE THE POST!

Lol, I don't really mind. But it would have been fun if I could have slowly built up to it then just unwrap it in a dramatic reveal or something.

Like drowning an enemy with her voice or something *cough

I don't think it's really the language that is the problem though, more like the human tongue can't produce the noise that mer can? It would maybe also explain why they can sing so much more beautifully compared to humans?

Coralia can communicate using gestures and such but most people don't like to play the guessing game for extended periods of time. I imagine those who are close to her will be able to understand and communicate with her fairly well?

Aroara: Sorry I forgot to respond to that. I'll edit it in a bit! biggrin.gif

Also completely random but does any one else ship Chester and Elaine like freaking FedEx? xd.png

Edited by Lilraaos

Certainly! I do! Just as I ship Alex and Rai and Cass and Coralia..... if it's ok.

I kinda expected that! She sounded like my other rp by the ocean blue, a merperson/sirens rp.

Considering Cass.. who was trained in multiple languages.. can possibly learn basic pieces of that language.. or try to help her learn a language he knows that is close to her language..

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

No, she can speak the words-kinda. She just isn't very good at it. Hard to explain and all my examples are tarrable.

What I'm trying to say is, even though she can't really speak it like a Merperson would, it should be close enough for Cor to understand. I guess.

I just want to talk to herrrrr...

Edited by MyaMouse

Mya: Oh ok! That makes more sense, thanks happy.gif

Aroara: I don't know if I ship Alex and Rai quite yet since there hasn't been interaction yet. I don't think Cass knows Coralia well enough to actually be in love with her but I can see some Nightingale Effect thing go on. Though personally I either ship Coralia x Alex (since Alex saved her from rapist) or Coralia x Mason (since they both be really quiet and cute together). I don't know quite yet which one Coralia likes yet but it'll only be the one of them since she's not really the type of girl to have two crushes so if one rejects her she can fall back on the other. (Though both of them are probably unrequited anyway) She thinks that you should only love one person at a time (she takes this stuff seriously xd.png)

I saw that RP but see, I was exercising self control and between a job and school I really don't have time for role plays. Then I saw this role play and I just thought screw it, I'm playing a mermaid.

I can proudly say that I'm failing math ATM

xd.png

Just so you know Esko Takaki did a awkward-subconsciously-knowing-that-Sasha-likes-him-without-actually-knowing thing on Esko.

Coralia x Mason (since they both be really quiet and cute together)

This may not be likely. Mason sees Coralia more as a sister than potential love interest. If you play the situation really well, then I may see him actually getting together with you, since he actually has been on the boat for four years.

If you want to make something happen, I'm open to it. But if you do, then please do a quality job of it. I remember the first time I tried to have a romance. It wasn't too long ago, actually, but I rushed into it and the entire plot line was ruined because of it.

If you have a good idea for it, then plan it out. Also, if you want me to do something, don't hesitate to fire me a PM. If I like your idea, then I'll consider doing it.

.... Rai is being ignored!!!! Astro!!

I posted a response for you on the thread.

- -

Anyways, it seems to be coming out nicely so far. Let's see if Mouse can keep this train on its rails.

Edited by Astrodeath311

This may not be likely. Mason sees Coralia more as a sister than potential love interest. If you play the situation really well, then I may see him actually getting together with you, since he actually has been on the boat for four years.

If you want to make something happen, I'm open to it. But if you do, then please do a quality job of it. I remember the first time I tried to have a romance. It wasn't too long ago, actually, but I rushed into it and the entire plot line was ruined because of it.

I'm waiting for Coralia to have an actual conversation with Alex before deciding if she likes Mason or Alex. Who knows, she might even falls in love with Cass or Pakt or something because nothing is set in stone yet and the unpredictability makes it fun (at the beginning anyway).

(The only ship that I 100% support with now is ChesterxLaine. I mean think about it, a lonely girl just looking for a companion/friend who can understand her and a spoiled yet sweet boy whom is among strangers that he can't trust. I'm going to be fangirling so hard when they have their first conversation (in rp) it'll be so cute ajiofew;jfieo)

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but I really really hate it when characters meet and fall in love with in the time span of a day or two. I can't stand it, you are not having me believe that you can develop a healthy relationship with someone you just met because they were attractive or nice to you or something like that.

Whenever I plan a romance with someone, I/we usually have the basic details laid down (how they'll meet (or if they've known each other then skip right to step three), how their relationship will develop, how they'll realize their feelings for each other and act on it, etc,etc,etc.)

Then the role play will die shortly after the couple meet and I'll just be desperately trying to revive it xd.png

QUICK! DELETE THE POST!

Lol, I don't really mind. But it would have been fun if I could have slowly built up to it then just unwrap it in a dramatic reveal or something.

Like drowning an enemy with her voice or something *cough

I don't think it's really the language that is the problem though, more like the human tongue can't produce the noise that mer can? It would maybe also explain why they can sing so much more beautifully compared to humans?

Coralia can communicate using gestures and such but most people don't like to play the guessing game for extended periods of time. I imagine those who are close to her will be able to understand and communicate with her fairly well?

Aroara: Sorry I forgot to respond to that. I'll edit it in a bit! biggrin.gif

Also completely random but does any one else ship Chester and Elaine like freaking FedEx? xd.png

Hrm....never thought about that. I ship the ships, tho, so come at me! That would totally work.

Lil, I gotta make sure, you know Alex is a girl, right? Because I've never done a lesbian relationship before...

*growls at Lil for calling me Mya and points at sig*

I'm quite sure Arora asked for someone to be Alex's love intrest...? Who was it? Rai? Whatever. He can try. But again, they gotta be comfortable with kids which Rai is, considering how he's teaching Chester since Elaine is Alex's daughter. Elaine, Laine. Same difference.

Literally wnt all day wthout seeing this thread.

Until something happens storywise, i'm just gonna have Pakt get to know the other shipmates.

Once everybody has interacted with who they want to, we should get the ship battle going after a short Rp night or a timeskip depending on what Mouse decides.

Not trying to take over, haha. Just trying to get a bit of layout for the story, instead of relationships. You're all a bunch of romantics. Pakt truly proves himself in combat.

By the way, what are we doing with geography? keeping countries makes it simple, making up towns makes it easy to story.

Edited by Peelzies

Yeah, countries, but America's still in early stages- they don't have Michigan yet, so around 1836?

Just make up names, although some of the earlier American cities can be used?

Edited by MyaMouse

Amara: I should have asked you if you were comfortable with that, that was really insensitive of me I'm really sorry. Also I hope that you guys are aware that just because my character has a crush on your character, that doesn't mean they have to get together. (I think I did mention that either way Coralia's love would be unrequited no matter who I chose to have her like because I feel like Alex is straight while Mason probably only feels platonically towards her.) If I feel like my character would be the type of person to love a specific person then I usually have then do that because to me that gives them personality. (Of course having a crush should not be the only thing that defines you, fictional or not

Looking at you Bella *cough)

Sorry about that, I didn't see your signature because I've been on a phone lately >.<

Peel: Sorry, I am that crazy shipper. When most role plays, books, movies or any type of story starts, within five minutes I usually have an inkling of whom I want to see together xd.png

..... ah..... I thought they were in the Mediterranean sea.

I'd rather not have a set place, which is why I'm freaking out over where they are.

Amara: I should have asked you if you were comfortable with that, that was really insensitive of me I'm really sorry. Also I hope that you guys are aware that just because my character has a crush on your character, that doesn't mean they have to get together. (I think I did mention that either way Coralia's love would be unrequited no matter who I chose to have her like because I feel like Alex is straight while Mason probably only feels platonically towards her.) If I feel like my character would be the type of person to love a specific person then I usually have then do that because to me that gives them personality. (Of course having a crush should not be the only thing that defines you, fictional or not

Looking at you Bella *cough)

Sorry about that, I didn't see your signature because I've been on a phone lately >.<

Peel: Sorry, I am that crazy shipper. When most role plays, books, movies or any type of story starts, within five minutes I usually have an inkling of whom I want to see together xd.png

Nah, it's fine, I just never have before so if I'm a weirdo then it's because of that. I've kinda been thinking about that, anyway...

Besides, just because I play straight and Bi characters doesn't mean they always have to go for boys...

Im voting against America for a variety of reasons. Number one, We would get much more variety of cultures and people in europe. Number two, America doesnt really do sea travel. It's almost all one big coast. Europe has channels, straits, and gulfs. Far more ports. Lastly, pirates make no sense in the west. Pirates don't thrive off of undeveloped nations barely getting by, they thrive off the wealthy traders with dyes and spices, very few of which could be found in early america. Oops, also europe always had more going on than America. much more interesting stuff.

If you want, i can set us up realistic routes so you dont have to worry about realism too much. It's just extremely implausible to set pirates in the west.

Edited by Peelzies

Amara: Well, you don't need to think really hard about it. Just play the characters. We should probably let them interact and get a feel for their relationship before we get into romance.

Also bi means that they go for both females and males. Straight characters will go for male if they are female and vice versa. Bi characters will be interested in the female and make gender.

Peel: You make a lot if good points there. I'll cast my vote in Europe then, though up until now I was imagining the setting to be more Caribbean-like.

Also bi means that they go for both females and males. Straight characters will go for male if they are female and vice versa. Bi characters will be interested in the female and make gender.

I KNOW

It's just whenever I make a Bi character, boys always go for her and vice-versa.

Peel, I think I'll just go for an un-set location, maybe a place in the Mediterranean Sea that hadn't been discovered yet? Seems like a lot of people were thinking about something similar. I was.

Good enough for me. but a ship doesnt stay still forever, and the mediterranean had been completely discovered and mapped for a long time prior to even the forming of Italy as a nation. I know i'm breaking immersion here, but yeah. mediterranean sounds good, but eventually you'll need to set a destination, like say "Oh, akades is in the balkan states" thats perfectly fine with me, just so we aren't getting confused about where we are.

Im sorry i'm such a history buff :/

Edited by Peelzies

*writhes*

THIS IS WHAT I HATE ABOUT LOCATION

I was just gonna make up names of places, with major continents the same, but nooooo, we get caught up in geography.

I DON'T EVEN HAVE GEOGRAPHY

And Cass would spout random directions...... ohhh!!! Mouse..... you just gave me idea (well I have had it for a while I just didn't know how to get it to happen) with Cass!!!.... we must have the same brain waves or something! * glomp hugs you*