Ha-Ki

"influenced male/female" information

Hi everyone,

I have a tiny suggestion that would make life much easier (at least for me). I hope this is not a duplicate, and if it is please point me to the original thread.

So this is not really a change to the BSA itself, just a suggestion to display information in a different (additional) way. I'd like to have the information which egg was influenced to be which gender gathered in one place where it can easily be looked up. I have two ideas how this could be done.

The information is in our action logs anyway (well, unless you AP-hunted or bred a lot and the influence action got tossed out from the action log), so it's not an intended part of the game to make us remember which action we used - so it would not game-breaking at all. But it would be really useful to see all influences gathered in one place instead of digging through our action logs.

First idea: On influence action list

When you go to a pink dragon's action page and click "influence", you get a list of the eggs on your scroll. If an egg has already been influenced, it says "already influenced". I'd like this to be changed to "influenced male" or "influenced female".

Second idea: On help page

You know the table on the help page that shows the hatchies you froze in the last two weeks? If not, check this out, it's amazingly helpful and I discovered it way to late myself (it is only visible if you have frozen hatchies during the past two weeks).

I'd love to have the same for influence. The advantage of putting the information on the help page is that ungendered hatchies can easily be included there.

Pro:

It's no secret information or challenge to remember anyway, since it's in the action log, so we could put it in one place to make things easier.

Con:

?

Personally, I prefer the second one, since I'd like to see my ungendered hatchies with their influence as well.

Ideas? Concerns? Opinions?

Additions:

I personally would prefer to see it on the egg's view page - that way, when I wonder 'did I influence that egg?' I can look at the egg directly and easily spot it. The 'influenced fe/male' could take the spot that 'fe/male' woukd on a gendered dragon, and remain until the hatchie genders, at which point it is replaced by the gender.

I would definitely like having this info more readily available. My preference tho would be to have it directly on the main scroll. Instead of the gender marker, just have either IM or IF, for 'influenced male/influenced female'.
Edited by Ha-Ki

I think it would be useful!

I personally would prefer to see it on the egg's view page - that way, when I wonder 'did I influence that egg?' I can look at the egg directly and easily spot it. The 'influenced fe/male' could take the spot that 'fe/male' woukd on a gendered dragon, and remain until the hatchie genders, at which point it is replaced by the gender.

This topic should really be in the general suggestions, not BSAs, as it is an improvement to a pre-existing feature and not a new BSA idea.

Oh, I thought anything related to existing BSA's belonged here. But I guess it will be moved as soon as a mod comes across this thread?

Your idea also sounds very useful, I'll add it to the OP!

I would definitely like having this info more readily available. My preference tho would be to have it directly on the main scroll. Instead of the gender marker, just have either IM or IF, for 'influenced male/influenced female'.

all hail this smart dragon tamer!

this is just \\wonderful\\ for lineages. I mean, you get an egg and influence it. later, you get another egg to be the first one's mate, but you can't remember the gender. and then you panic.

I prefer the second idea, also.

A brilliant idea, Ha-Ki - especially since any whole-scroll Fogging and/or AP hunting generally drives the things you might need to remember right off the Action page.

If we could just check the handy Influence page, it would save a lot of worry and wrong Influencing!

Thanks for your support and input!

Fuzz, hiding some stuff from the action log would still mean that the information about influences is not organized in one place and that you'd have to search for it sad.gif Might be useful for other stuff though, I'll check that thread when I have more time.

The more I think about it, the more I like Cinnamin's idea - I don't particularly care about having the information on the view page, but if we had an "influenced (fe)male" marker in the place of the gender marker on our scrolls, that would be perfect. No need for clicking to another page, as the scroll itself would be that page. That's brilliant.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all against having the influence information on the view page, but what I personally really want is an overview of all influences in one place, without other action log info in between. And I don't really care which pink dragon I used for the incubate, so an image of the target would be more useful than the image of the pink dragon we have in our action logs.)

I think it would be useful!

^ this.

sometimes with the Action page, i do so much on my scroll (naming, incubating, influencing, breeding, trading, ect) that by the time i go back to check to see what i influenced an egg as ... its already rolled off my actions page.

i'm going through that with two Plates right now. i influenced the hatchie, but can't recall what i influenced it as and its already rolled off my tracker page. so i have a mate for it thats incuhatcable, but i'm waiting until the hatchie genders before influencing/incuhatching the egg.