TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

Any theories on what decides the color of the gemshard dragon? I think it might be random but I'm not sure.

If there's no kind of breeding mechanic I predict lots of frustration like with nebulas, at least those you can get 50-50 of one color based on gender haha.

Oh wow, I love the adults! They're so great I can't pick a favorite. Great job, spriters, and thank you for this release, spriters and TJ!

Oh hello there big, bad, bulky Colossus-- it's no surprise you're my favorite of the bunch. Loving their head shapes and frills, and they remind me of the Guardians from Flightrising... only this time it looks like the females are wearing the beards in this duo.

The Striped Rivers turned out really cool, too. I like the colors and simplicity. Their pose makes me think of salamanders and little lizards, which is never a bad thing. The head is super tiny looking, though, and I can't be sure if they have ears or not.

The Gems are pretty nice. I'm glad they lost their bulgy, neonatal head shape upon maturing, and the stripes on the female are a nice feature. The male's pose is my least favorite of the two, but I like his tail better than her's. Think green might be my fav of the three.

Oh, I just noticed the female Gem's tail pattern is different depending on color. Neat.

I'm starting to wonder if this year's April Fools prank is that there is no prank.

Great work on the sprites! I honestly love them all. I'm also very happy to be able to collect more Easterns and I love how big and bulky the Colossi are. I shall be running off to collect loads of these. Thanks all!

I love the new dragons so much! Especially the red and blue Gemshards. I've gotta admit, too- I wasn't a big fan of the Colossi at first. Then they grew up.

I'm starting to wonder if this year's April Fools prank is that there is no prank.

Hope that's not so. smile.gif

Oooh, all the adult sprites are gorgeous! I especially like the Gemshards and Striped Rivers, it's so nice to finally have more Easterns in the cave, and the Colossi look really cool too. laugh.gif

Thank you TJ and spriters for this great release!

OMG I am so in love with the gemshards, especially the red ones! They are just so cute! <3

I have a question about the Gemshard description. It says, "When the weather turns foul, they pile up together on sturdy tree limbs and interlock the forks of their tails with others to keep warm and dry." I'm having trouble envisioning how that works. Are they using their tails as a sort of umbrella? The tails don't seem big enough for that. Or are they just using them to hold together in a mass on the tree limb?

They pile up all over each other and lace the forks of their tails together to form a crude thatched umbrella. It's an absolute nightmare to untangle afterward, but gemshards see it as a challenging game and the whole exercise helps form and strengthen communal bonds.

Edited by Odeen

Does anyone have a Colossus hatchling that has gendered yet?

Edit: My first one gendered at 5 days 16 hours and a whole lot of views.

I do! And she's beautiful!

Now with such a stupendous Release, we really need another (at least) egg slot {begs abjectly}, doncha think?

ETA: GAHH! Now there's nothing to do for at least 7 hours til my other eggs start hatching.

Edited by Ayelldee

I have several gendered hatchlings. A male colossus , male and female red gems and male and female stripes.

Edited by RecycledHeart

They pile up all over each other and lace the forks of their tails together to form a crude thatched umbrella. It's an absolute nightmare to untangle afterward, but gemshards see it as a challenging game and the while exercise helps form and strengthen communal bonds.

What a great mental picture! laugh.gif That's adorable.

this release was awesome, though a bit much xd.png i shall horde the emeralds, sapphires and ruby's!

the river babies are lovely to look at, and that message about them delivering gifts makes me wonder if they might get a message BSA.

and i love how the mane of the female bully's falls over like that

Wonderful new additions to the cave! Love them all!

By the way, everyone go check out EATW! It's hilarious!

I think my favorite poses are the Male Gem and the Female Plated. Not that the other two look bad mind you, I just prefer those smile.gif

And now that terribly interminable WAITTTTttt.t.t as the last few hours take their time ticking away, leaving us with ZILCH to do because we've stuffed out Scrolls to the rafters. I want to be egg-hunting so bad!

I love going back and looking at all those wonderful new dragons! Boy you artists outdid yourselves on all these. Wunnerful wunnerful!

I think I am especially fond of the the Striped River dragons. Pretty Easterns. smile.gif

The others are pretty too, though. So it isn't like I am disappointed in any of these.

The male Gemshards are quite handsome, too.