TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

I'd be willing to bet money that none of the colors are more common. If you averaged -all- player experiences, not just the ones that get posted here, I'm quite sure that's what you'd see. From browsing around I see some people saying they got reds and blues, others lots of greens. It averages out. On the -whole- no one color seems to predominate. Some people get more of a given color than others, but that's how randomness works. Like I said in another post, if you flip a coin five times, sometimes you get five heads.

Oh, yes. Randomness - more clumpy than many people realise. I'm reasonably confident that your assessment is correct. smile.gif

*pouts* I wasn't able to catch any Gems on the latest hourly drop. My fingers were spazz-clicking. Dang. I did get another Plate a little while ago, though.

*pokes TJ's hatchies more* I can't wait to see the adults!

Luck was with me! I got one of each color! Guess I didn't need that fourth one after all... but I'm keeping it!

Wish TJ's would grow up so I can figure out names for MINE!

I have the utmost pity for anyone who decides to build lineages with the gems. 33% at colors that you can't tell until hatching is absolute murder. ;___;u

I agree with the idea that they're probably all equal in rarity; I went on AoND after seeing stuff here that suggested greens were rarest and actually saw the most greens and the least reds, which is the opposite of what I've seen on the forums! That was only one refresh, so the averages are probably, well, average.

I browsed through some hatcheries and couldn't notice any Gem color popping up more than the others.

And the eggs seem pretty easy to catch still (too bad I'm scroll locked), so overall I'm pretty happy with this release. It's been a while since the last regular release when most people had no problem getting their fill of new eggs.

...wow do I have some luck or what. I got exactly three gemstone eggs, and guess what? Each one turned into a different-colored hatchie. I am just... floored, I was expecting three of the same color!

...wow do I have some luck or what. I got exactly three gemstone eggs, and guess what? Each one turned into a different-colored hatchie. I am just... floored, I was expecting three of the same color!

same! biggrin.gif

My second two gems have hatched, revealing a blue and a red. So now I have all three colors, with an extra green.

I can't help but notice there are -three- of each color in TJ's lineup. Possible genderless adult, or alt adult of some sort? Or do you think he just put three for the heck of it? (And why two of both sexes of the plated? Some sort of alt thing there too? Or again just for the heck of it?)

If anyone's keeping track, two of my gemstones just hatched blue. Here's hoping they're different genders...

Well, Here I thought I was gonna give mine cookie names, but one set of colors are named after three types of gems and the other set is named after the Trio of First Class SOLDIERs. I has one unnamed Blue that I could give a cookie name, but I dunno which one to give him.

....oh! I know! look! laugh.gif

My second two gems have hatched, revealing a blue and a red. So now I have all three colors, with an extra green.

I can't help but notice there are -three- of each color in TJ's lineup. Possible genderless adult, or alt adult of some sort? Or do you think he just put three for the heck of it? (And why two of both sexes of the plated? Some sort of alt thing there too? Or again just for the heck of it?)

TJ keeps frozen hatchlings too. Though most recent releases he's let them all grow up and went back and changed them into hatchlings.

So the "gems" only have one hatchling sprite Plus adult dimorphism (presumably) and the "plated" have dimorphism in both.

I have the utmost pity for anyone who decides to build lineages with the gems. 33% at colors that you can't tell until hatching is absolute murder. ;___;u

I agree with the idea that they're probably all equal in rarity; I went on AoND after seeing stuff here that suggested greens were rarest and actually saw the most greens and the least reds, which is the opposite of what I've seen on the forums! That was only one refresh, so the averages are probably, well, average.

Actually, I LOVE that randomness.. I think I'm going to start a new 10 gen even gen project using the gemstone/cookie dragons. After all, my 10geg stripe project looks just fine with random colors. http://dragcave.net/lineage/jlV2i

only 2 sprites = no dimorphism, so he freezes one s2 hatchling and keeps one adult

4 sprites = dimorphism in both adults and hatchlings, so he freezes one male & one female s2 hatchling and keeps a male and a female adult

3 sprites = dimorphism in adults only, so he freezes an s2 hatchling and keeps one male and one female adult

My first batch hatched, I got two blue, one red. And now I'm happily locked again with 3 Plates, 2 Gems, 1 Puddle plus 1 stray silver Tinsel that was just too pretty to resist. biggrin.gif Thank you, Avarule!

My first gems hatched and I got a matched pair of blues (that was kind of lucky). Now I can hunt for more. I'm so excited to see the adult versions. I keep checking the first page of this post to see if they've grown up yet. LOL

Two of my gem eggs hatched to give me one green and one blue! wub.gif Here's to hoping my third one turns red. wink.gif I'm so excited to see what they all look like grown up!

My gemstones grew up and i have one of each color xd.png

Hmm, I'm debating weather or not to put my new eggs up for trade for random hatchlings. I'm only 13 dragons away from my gold trophy, and seeing as these eggs are fairly common, I don't see myself really struggling to catch more... *sigh* decisions..

I decided to name my Gems after their color and their gem like appearance. Sanguine Gem and Bright Green Gem smile.gif That may change of course when their breed name is revealed, but for now I find the handles more than fitting.

Two gemstones have gendered at 5 days 22 hours. Green is female and blue is male. I believe these were the two I did influence.

Edit: And my second blue gem gendered male.

Edited by Jazeki