TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

I'm still not going to have an egg hatch until five hours from now xd.png I'm getting so anxious to know what color my first Gem is gonna be

My first three gemstones hatched and they're all blue. Gorgeous fellows, but all blue. dry.gif

Three more to go in the next days, hope they will be red and green!

Does the colour depend on the time of day on which you catch them? Didn't read the whole thread, but do we probably know that already? Because I caught my first three gemstones almost all at the same time.

Re greens:  Really?  When I skimmed through a few pages of this thread, I saw a lot of reports of reds/blues, but not many greens (though my first two gems both hatched green).  And others have said that the colours appear to be approximately equal in population.  huh.gif  Without stalking hatcheries (which I don't currently have time to do 'cos I need to finish some work), I can't tell who's right!

I'd be willing to bet money that none of the colors are more common. If you averaged -all- player experiences, not just the ones that get posted here, I'm quite sure that's what you'd see. From browsing around I see some people saying they got reds and blues, others lots of greens. It averages out. On the -whole- no one color seems to predominate. Some people get more of a given color than others, but that's how randomness works. Like I said in another post, if you flip a coin five times, sometimes you get five heads.

Edit to add, in reply to the post above mine: Color has nothing to do with time of day, gender, or anything else as far as can be told. It seems totally random, with no color being more common than the others.

Edited by Lurhstaap

My first three gemstones hatched and they're all blue. Gorgeous fellows, but all blue. dry.gif

Three more to go in the next days, hope they will be red and green!

Does the colour depend on the time of day on which you catch them? Didn't read the whole thread, but do we probably know that already? Because I caught my first three gemstones almost all at the same time.

From what everyone's been posting, the color is random and is NOT based on time of day. Some people have hatched all three colors on their scrolls, some people two colors, and some people one color.

From what everyone's been posting, the color is random and is NOT based on time of day. Some people have hatched all three colors on their scrolls, some people two colors, and some people one color.

Ah ok, thanks! smile.gif

So I still have the chance to get the missing colours soon. biggrin.gif

Chrome stopped being weird so i managed to get these, yay! My cookies hatched with two red [convieniently influenced opposites lol] and a blue and green. Accidentay got one more green noodle egg than originally wanted but idk maybe trading fodder? Gifting? They arent dimorphic so im kinda meh. If the adults are fabulous, ill keep it and get another and do a lineage |D

All of mine are red. Hoping to find some greens and blues. smile.gif

I'm kinda jealous listening to all of you and how excited you are - I have to wait for my second batch to hatch now. Oh the burden! rolleyes.gif

So now that the new eggs are among the others anyone have picked up any kind of trend about their rarity??

I am deliciously egg locked but due to the fact that I am new (so new that I don't know what to expect, and that this is my first "normal" release, in fact I have joined the cave just 2 days before the valentine extravaganza) I have to wait some more time to have the necessary space to pick up new eggs again (I have only 1 red dragon and so now I have only 1 hatch)...all my other eggs will hatch tonight when I will probably be already asleep sad.gif so I am worried that I will not be able to catch other new egg soon again..but if they are common I could stop to fret

So now that the new eggs are among the others anyone have picked up any kind of trend about their rarity??

I am deliciously egg locked but due to the fact that I am new (so new that I don't know what to expect, and that this is my first "normal" release, in fact I have joined the cave just 2 days before the valentine extravaganza) I have to wait some more time to have the necessary space to pick up new eggs again (I have only 1 red dragon and so now I have only 1 hatch)...all my other eggs will hatch tonight when I will probably be already asleep sad.gif so I am worried that I will not be able to catch other new egg soon again..but if they are common I could stop to fret

I'm not sure how rare they'll be yet, but they've been somewhat easy to grab for the most part, though I've seen The Drippys and Plates drop more often than the Gems, then again everyone's trying to grab those in an attempt to get 1 or 2 of each color, so it's anyone guess at this point.

I still have to wait for my first eggs to hatch, I will be able to put them in ERs in a few hours. after I scroll lock myself again with more of the gems (I shall start hording them as soon as the first one hatches.) might grab another puddle though.

They are so cute so far I can't wait to see the adults!

I won't be helping the gem rarity any....

My first Gem hatched in to a green one biggrin.gif Got to wait a few hours before I'll find out if I'll get all the colours on the first go or not smile.gif Good luck everyone else who is still catching them! happy.gif

Right, I think I've got my fill of the new eggs for now. Three puddles, three plates and six gems, and only the three female gems still need organising to make sure they actually are female and they turn all three colours.

Just watch, tomorrow when my next two hatch I'll decide I need more xd.png The next thing I need to do is catch Seasonals and the forest is fraught with temptation right now :3

Though tomorrow being the first of April I'm a bit apprehensive...

Yay, the four eggs I influenced (I should really get some more Reds btw since I didn't have enough of them to influence all of my initial eggs) have hatched! I have two red Gemstones and one green Gemstone as well as a Puddle hatchie and I've caught two more Gemstone eggs. Hopefully at least one of them is blue! biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure these are all going to be common, which is nice.

I now have 8 Gems (2 red, 1 blue, 5 pending); 2 Plates and 2 Drippers.

I'm satisified. biggrin.gif

Thank you, TJ and Spriters...

After more hatching in a day or so, I will try for at least one more each of the Plates and Drippers...

All are gendered...

I'm pretty sure these are all going to be common, which is nice.

Agree with this assessment. The only reason gems seem less common is we're all gunning for them more aggressively than the other two breeds because of the color thing. I've seen plenty of them drop - they just get snatched up hecka quick. Puddles tend to sit a bit longer, while plates usually go within a few refreshes, but not -instantly- like gems do. Hunting gems (provided you have decent Internet, et cetera) is mildly challenging, but not really... I'd say roughly similar to grabbing at Ridgewing or Dorsal eggs in case they're alts. And so far they're dropping more often than either of those do. I think in time they may even become caveblockers once we all have our fill of them and the novelty wears off (much like Pyropes - the other two Pyrals would've gone the same way if they weren't megarare).

Edited by Lurhstaap

Hm, I traded off my only Gem Hatchling for a second gem PB gold (Score!) And got another egg to replace it. Yay for clickspeed! :3 wub.gif

It took FOREVER for my first ones to hatch xP

My only hatched gem thus far turned out to be red, which is perfect, since that's my favorite variety so far smile.gif

My eggs are finally cracking! Aww, the gemstones have a cute sequence /watches gems fall off as they crack, lol