TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

SQUEE!!!*EXTREME Happy Dance*Sweeeeeeeeet!One of the eggs nabbed has the first name of one of my BEST friends in it. cool.gif

It seems I have a blue female Gem, a red male Gem and a red Gem I did not influence. I have 4 more Gem eggs on my scroll. Do I influence or not?

Also, seems someone put my new eggs I picked up last night on eatw. mad.gif I NEVER put new eggs on eatw, if I do put new eggs up, it's on AoND. Not nice!

I will be doing some gender/color gem swapping for sure.

We're all (me included of course  tongue.gif ) hoarding gemstones... guess if they'll result to be caveblockers and instead puddles and plates will end up rare  xd.png

Since the gems seem to be 1) random and 2) all available as CB, my scroll goals dictate that I need 19 CBs of each colour (16 adults + frozen hatchie set of each). :s There's a reason I'm stocked up with more gems than anything else! xd.png

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I'm hoarding gems because the hatchlings stand out to me and I want all the colors. *-* I really just want blue but for the sake of scroll goals, no. I'm hoping they won't wind up like the Spessartines and Almandines, but I'm certainly not helping them stay readily available. o^o; Actually hoping the adults are ugly so I won't feel the need to get so many! tongue.gif

Since the gems seem to be 1) random and 2) all available as CB, my scroll goals dictate that I need 19 CBs of each colour (16 adults + frozen hatchie set of each). :s There's a reason I'm stocked up with more gems than anything else! xd.png

I don't think so. I think greens are the commonest.... WAY commonest.

But yes - at least all can be CB. There are amazing lineages to be had. So I need 8 of each colour....

So far 2/3 of my cookie eggs are red, will find out the color of the 3rd in 6 hours.

Need to get more to try to get all the colors!

I don't think so. I think greens are the commonest.... WAY commonest.

But yes - at least all can be CB. There are amazing lineages to be had. So I need 8 of each colour....

Re greens: Really? When I skimmed through a few pages of this thread, I saw a lot of reports of reds/blues, but not many greens (though my first two gems both hatched green). And others have said that the colours appear to be approximately equal in population. huh.gif Without stalking hatcheries (which I don't currently have time to do 'cos I need to finish some work), I can't tell who's right!

I think the color distribution among the gemstones is pretty equal. Going by the reports in the thread, of course. I might go stalk the fansites to see how they're looking, but I really believe the only color rarity will be one we create through demand.

Re greens: Really? When I skimmed through a few pages of this thread, I saw a lot of reports of reds/blues, but not many greens (though my first two gems both hatched green). And others have said that the colours appear to be approximately equal in population. huh.gif Without stalking hatcheries (which I don't currently have time to do 'cos I need to finish some work), I can't tell who's right!

From just reading the thread here, I was feeling like reds were most common and blues were edging toward rare, but hopefully that was just an impression and they're all actually equal. laugh.gif

I looked at a couple fan sites. There are reds, blues and greens all over. I didn't notice one color more than any other. *shrug*

Yeh, I've got three greens and a blue and Ayelldee has three blues and a red. So it's a little early to be trying to determine rarity.

I am going to have to hoard some gemstones, too, for scroll completion. I need to collect 4 males and 4 females of each color. Of course that is complicated by the fact that we don't know the color of them until they hatch, so influencing is tricky. I see gender trading in my future! laugh.gif

I can't wait to see the adults of these. So far I am liking the Plated ones best. I like good solid dragons. But the spriters have all done a great job and I am sure I will love all three!

So far I got 1 red and 1 green. Need to wait 30 more hours to see how the next group will hatch. But I don't have the impression one color is much more common then the others.

@oddsoxdi

Wow, you banner says you have collected 3333 dragons. Pretty number!

Could be color will be luck-of-the-draw like the nebulae, and you'll get the exact wrong color you're looking for in a breeding project, just because they're arbitrary critters and like to mess with our heads. rolleyes.gif

My first gem hatched tonight, and it's a cool baby blu, my fav color YEAH...now have to wait tomorrow to see the others how look like cool.gif

Two blues and two reds for me, and I've got two eggs, so with trading hopefully enough to come up with a pair of each.

I want to collect the condensation ones but keep feeling like I need to get more gems before they are impossible to catch. Hmmmm

Hmmm... I need 8 males and 8 females of each kind so I can make evengen 5th gen chequers of anything I like - seems I've got some hoarding to do^^

I only need 2 CB Females and 2 CB Males of each color... and I thought THAT was going to be challenging. You guys have your work cut out for you. xd.png

This is going to be a neat little goal to reach.

(probably ongoing like my several months of trying to get 2 F 2GPB Alt Blacks, 2 M Alt Blacks, and the same with alt vines)

ETA: I just realized that the gemstones are Red, Blue, Green or Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald. My inner Pokemon Trainer is screaming.

Edited by Earth Gurl

Usually, I start out with a single pair of each breed, until I know what the adults look like. I have been enamored of the hatchie, only to be rather underwhelmed by the adult, and vice versa. That said, I have a positive feeling about the gems, and find myself leaning toward the reds, but I also like the plates, and hope the female is as dynamic as her hatchling form suggests. But until TJ's grow up, I will hold back my desire to catch my quota (4-32, depending on breed and what I'd like to do with that project idea).

13-14 hours till TJ's babies grow up. I can't wait to see these adults!

Waiting on about 5 gemstones, now. Managed to get those extra Plates I was wanting as well...

When the encyclopedia for these guys comes out I'm gonna have a pretty full page from the start. : P

EDIT: MAN the third gem hatched red. Here's hoping the other 4 don't follow suit.

Edited by ozimul

Do you think gemstones are Eastern or regular Western without wings like Magmas?

I'm so happy for a new Eastern breed. We had none common eastern before!