TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

Has anyone got images of the cracking sequence? The wiki doesn't, and I don't feel like searching through other peoples' scrolls to find all the stages.

I should check the wiki for the S1's. I always seem to miss the hatchlings in that stage [on TJ's scroll].

I should check the wiki for the S1's. I always seem to miss the hatchlings in that stage [on TJ's scroll].

I'm talking about egg cracking sequence, not hatchie stages.

Thanks, Jazeki, I was just wondering what numbers people were finding which produced results in these, although I'm sorry to hear that yours are Sick.

I'll bet it is the hard-plated egg-shell... needs numbers which are too much for the dragon, but barely enough to crack that sucker at all.

I wonder if we could soak them in manicure liquid...

In that case, hatching these will be a pain.

We'd have to half-kill them to get them to hatch on time.

Updating to say that the plates have barely reached the third stage of the cracking sequence at 2933/417 and 2911/420. Meanwhile, the gems have all reached the final stage of their cracking sequence at 3000 plus views. The condensation eggs are sitting at the second to last stage of their cracking sequence at 2920+ views. All have over 410 UVs and are at 4 days 10 hours or 4 days 11 hours.

Edit: Condensation eggs have reached their last stage at 2950+ views.

Edited by Jazeki

Cute hatchies! I'm very pleased to see a Lyzar dragon! It's been a while!

I'm loving the look of all the new hatchlings, Great to finally have a normal release.

i think i remember the gemstone ones from the completed page. can't remember what they are called though. are the different colors available in the cave or are they breedable like undines, vines and blacks?

so far i like them all. great job spriters.

Edited by spring_dragon

i think i remember the gemstone ones from the completed page. can't remember what they are called though. are the different colors available in the cave or are they breedable like undines, vines and blacks?

Apparently, a lot of people have been saying this, but the spriter said that wasn't possible. (not sure though, I could be wrong)

People have gotten the blue and green ones CB. Haven't seen the red ones yet, but presumably those are possible as well.

Updating to say that the plates have barely reached the third stage of the cracking sequence at 2933/417 and 2911/420. Meanwhile, the gems have all reached the final stage of their cracking sequence at 3000 plus views. The condensation eggs are sitting at the second to last stage of their cracking sequence at 2920+ views. All have over 410 UVs and are at 4 days 10 hours or 4 days 11 hours.

Edit: Condensation eggs have reached their last stage at 2950+ views.

Holy cow, thanks, Jazeki!

Lol, mine will take longer, probably a lot, especially since I Fog.

Dunno if this helps anyone, but my 2 older plates, at 4D and 11H are just starting cracks, the slightly older one with a long life-liney sort of double-crack at 1,523 Views, 547 U Views 11 Clicks and the just barely younger one with a barely noticeable crack at 1,553 Views, 510 U Views 9 Clicks

The younger one has nothing as of yet, and is at 4D, 17H, although does have fairly close numbers, being only a couple of hundred Views and a hundred or so U Views behind.

My youngest Gem egg (although they're all showing at 4D 10H) with, oddly, the larger crack which looks like someone shoved a thumb through the cookie-dough is at 4D, 10H, with 1,389 Views, 486 U Views and 12 clicks

The 2nd youngest had the thumb-hole by the time I finished typo-ing, (and running around after the dog, who's been particularly restless of late,) at 1,360 Views 454 U Views 9 Clicks

The first one I actually caught has the smaller rip at 1,321 Views 438 U Views 9 Clicks

And my only Condensation egg has a long thin crack (and some scuffs that look like the marks you sometimes see on real eggs that seems to be surface, probably calcium deficiency or something - must get supplements, lol,) also at 4D 10H with 1,402 Views, 484 U Views and 14 Clicks

It'll probably take mine a week to hatch... xd.png

But better safe than sorry, I suppose. smile.gif

I would like to watch these cracking sequences happen, though - very cool!

So it's probably lucky that the dog keep going off and that I'm waiting to hear back from someone, although on the other hand, it's getting on for 6 AM and I'm sleepy, lol.

Hi, MessengerDragon! smile.gif

I thought I recalled these, as there were Gem dragons and Birthstones on the Completed? list (and I believe also on some other huge long list I very vaguely recall our being shown) way back, but yeah, when someone else said that, we were told 'not possible', so these must be different and worked on in great secrecy, but as long as I can greedily bury myself in gems, who cares what they're called! Mwa, hah, ha... *evilly twiddles borrowed mustache until cat angrily requests her whiskers back, using all available teeth*

Edited by Syphoneira

Every hatchling is so pretty! I especially like the green- so bright!

(I do wish the gemstone and condensation ones were bigger, though. The detail is so interesting, and I want to see it all.)

What are the best guesses on names so far? Gemstone and Colossal?

Yes, and possibly Striped something for the last one.

Great release, many thanks to everyone involved!

Every hatchling is so pretty! I especially like the green- so bright!

(I do wish the gemstone and condensation ones were bigger, though. The detail is so interesting, and I want to see it all.)

I know! The gem ones are especially interesting and I can't wait to see what TJ's look like grown up.

i'd ALSO be curious to find out what color the two I grabbed will hatch as.

I was gone all weekend (had to leave shortly after noon, forgetting that release time have been at 1, not 12) and came back to OMG NEW RELEASE LOOKIT EVERYTHING IS SO PRETTY! Since I was two days past the release date, I thought I'd be screwed (I live in constant fear of another Blusang or Copper debacle), but they all proved extremely easy to catch, so now I'm locked and well pleased.

I'm delighted to see a release for the Forest and Jungle (not, thank God, the Alpine again), and the breeds are all very intriguing. Thus far, the artwork is also superb. I have a feeling I'll be collecting an awful lot of the little gem dragons. laugh.gif

Looking forward to seeing the adults and starting some breeding schemes!

Edited by LibbyLishly

Does anyone have hatched eggs yet? I'm getting really antsy.

Yes, some people used Earthquake to hatch theirs.I think we still have a few hours to go before the earliest eggs can hatch naturally.

Does anyone have hatched eggs yet? I'm getting really antsy.

Except for Earthquake, our eggs won't start hatching until 1pm DC time today, two days after the release started.

5 more hours till my eggs hatch. Feels like a lifetime. I'm so tempted to earthquake them I had to get off the site last night to avoid doing it. lol

My eggs have 4, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 26 hours to go but I was extra cautious with hatcheries so they've not started cracking yet.

I don't have any Greens so there's no temptation to Earthquake but I don't think I'd risk it if I did.

I DO have the Greens, but lack the intestinal fortitude to use Earthquake again after being SO lucky with the Undies.

Yay! Scored my second Plate egg! Now to influence and incubate the pair.

This puts me at 3 Gems, 2 Plates, and 1 Puddle. Soon as I get another egg slot in 14 hours, I'm getting another puddle egg (going to leave the Gemstone eggs alone for now until I see what the deal with colors is).

Of these three - my favorite has to be the Plates - I love the color, and the fact that it appears to be a very traditional looking Western Dragon.

Still, they are all very nice ~ thank you TJ, JOTB, Odeen, LadyLyzar and anyone else who might have had a hand in this release and these dragons.

Has anyone got images of the cracking sequence? The wiki doesn't, and I don't feel like searching through other peoples' scrolls to find all the stages.

user posted image

I have two of them completely cracked