TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

LadyLyzar, I love your style of spriting!

I can't wait to see the adults, all this cuteness is going to make me explode.

Most of my eggs have cracks now! biggrin.gif

...and cracks, apparently, make people click them more, and now they're all sick except for one of my plated eggs. dry.gif Thanks everyone.

*fogs everything*

The other plated egg did have cracks though, so.... yay!

Seems like plated eggs are a bit rarer than the other two after all. Usually the rarer things take longer to start showing cracks. I'd say they're uncommons based on that.

Edited by zaverxi

Am I blind? They don't look cracked to me.

That's why I have 'but' in there...meaning everything except for those. smile.gif

Seems like plated eggs are a bit rarer than the other two after all. Usually the rarer things take longer to start showing cracks. I'd say they're uncommons based on that.

Not always though. Brimstones are far from rare, and they typically need more views than most other eggs, and I saw someone else mention that brutes do too. They could very well end up rare, but them taking more views doesn't necessarily equal rarity.

Edited by Nectaris

Nhiostrifes are also very slow to hatch and aren't rare... I think slowness to hatch isn't necessarily an indication of rarity.

Almost missed this, but glad I noticed it from facebook and manged to fill my slots. I just wish there was more than 7 slots to get more pairs. Especially for the gemstone since there's 3 colors to it.

Most of my eggs have cracks now! biggrin.gif

...and cracks, apparently, make people click them more, and now they're all sick except for one of my plated eggs. dry.gif Thanks everyone.

*fogs everything*

The other plated egg did have cracks though, so.... yay!

Sorry to hear about your Sick eggs! And glad that you're keeping a close watch on them.

I suspect that this slow hatching with high numbers may be due to the thick shells so carefully specified in their descriptions: 'This massive egg is covered with thick plates.'.

If you recall, they gendered really almost immediately after hatching, so the higher numbers required for them to get through their shells gave them plenty for the next stage as well.

Rare and UnCommons tend to thin out annoyingly quickly during Releases, as none of these new eggs did, thank goodness!

It seems most likely, not only to me but others, that we have nicely Common or at worst only slightly UnCommon eggs in this Release, which makes it much more fun.

At any rate, I'm not overly panicked about being able to get more later, looking at the signs, and I panic easily over things like that, lol, being not the world's fastest catcher.

Sorry to hear about your Sick eggs! And glad that you're keeping a close watch on them.

I suspect that this slow hatching with high numbers may be due to the thick shells so carefully specified in their descriptions: 'This massive egg is covered with thick plates.'.

If you recall, they gendered really almost immediately after hatching, so the higher numbers required for them to get through their shells gave them plenty for the next stage as well.

Rare and UnCommons tend to thin out annoyingly quickly during Releases, as none of these new eggs did, thank goodness!

It seems most likely, not only to me but others, that we have nicely Common or at worst only slightly UnCommon eggs in this Release, which makes it much more fun.

At any rate, I'm not overly panicked about being able to get more later, looking at the signs, and I panic easily over things like that, lol, being not the world's fastest catcher.

Hmm. Stones and RCs don't hatch slowly, and Stones are the largest and densest dragons on dragcave, and RCs are specifically stated to be large as well.

Oh well! Who knows why things are the way they are, all I know is that shimmers and tinsels, and golds and silvers, take a while to hatch as well.

i got 3 plated eggs, and a pair of each of the others, but i'm kind of wishing i had caught 3 gemstones for a chance of getting the 3 colours... oh well. i was missing a new release, so i'm happy that we got one, and i'm happy that i'm scroll locked with new eggs! but now i'm anticipating the easter egg hunt for this year :'c i needed moar chocoeggs, since now i'm old enough to get none from my family xd.png i hope we get those too this year!

thank you spriters and TJ for the new dragons! biggrin.gif

I just give up trying to catch any non-holiday release. I had figured it was sticking to the 'every other month' -- release october, nothing in november (incredibly disappointing, since that was my birth month), release in december, nothing in january, release in febuary, and I had thought there wasn't anything in March since we made it pretty much through the whole month without a single peep, checking every weekend just in case.

And the one day I don't check -- oh hey, look, a five egg release, joy. And it's already over, because I missed the window. Like the non-volcanic pyralsprites, I have a feeling I'll just have to deal with missing this collection on my scroll too.

Why do you say it's over? The new eggs are available in Forest and Jungle, with the plated eggs available in both. So what if it's not a mass exclusive drop. You can still easily catch the new eggs with a little patience.

I plan on getting a bunch more tomorrow after my first batch hatches. It won't be "over" for a while yet. And these are permanent eggs. They'll be around forever, now.

Edited by snave

I just give up trying to catch any non-holiday release. I had figured it was sticking to the 'every other month' -- release october, nothing in november (incredibly disappointing, since that was my birth month), release in december, nothing in january, release in febuary, and I had thought there wasn't anything in March since we made it pretty much through the whole month without a single peep, checking every weekend just in case.

And the one day I don't check -- oh hey, look, a five egg release, joy. And it's already over, because I missed the window. Like the non-volcanic pyralsprites, I have a feeling I'll just have to deal with missing this collection on my scroll too.

The eggs are easy to catch. I just noticed there were new eggs and managed to catch 2 if each plus an extra jem-encrusted one in less than two minutes.

There's usually a release every month with the exception of months that are really close to a previous month's holiday (November and January being an example--though there have been exceptions in November) and I think March is maybe a flip-flop month?? I'm not sure, but otherwise, there's usually a release sometime during the month, and usually a bit earlier.

This one is probably so late because it looks like TJ has been 'extending' the holidays lately (so, Valentines day last month), and letting the AP just run dry of the eggs on its own instead of just shutting everything down, which lets things last longer, and make it to where there's still holiday hatchlings halfway through the next month.

Edited by arya10

Finally did it! Got 3 gemstone eggs and 2 puddle eggs, and 2 plated eggs!

I was going to trade my extra puddles for gemstones, but my trading partner backed out of the trade - but I can't complain too much, since I was finally able to catch some of my own, and some lucky AP stalker has 2 free puddles.

The new dragons are supercute!

Thanks, TJ!

Edited by Twimm

Hmm... Looks like my eggs finally got sick around the 2800-2900 view mark. And the plated eggs still have no cracks. They're all fogged right now for safety. Does anyone have a plated egg with cracks?

Well, I decided to keep that third Plated egg after all. Maybe I'll get lucky and snag another Drippy egg once some of my guys start hatching tomorrow. (incubated 6 of 'em)

I'll also try to grab some more Cookie Dough eggs because who doesn't love cookie dough? xd.png Yeah. That's what I'll do. Grab one more Drippy and then all the rest will be the pretty gems.

The Spriters really did an awesome job this time. (every dragon's awesome, but these are really great)

Edited by Syiren

Thank-you TJ and LadyLyzar, Odeen, and JOTB for another exciting and beautiful release. I always admire such artistic skills as you have. I appreciate your sharing your time and skills with the Cave.

I do see the occasional new egg in the jungle and forest biomes, so I'm guessing it's not really over yet?

I do see the occasional new egg in the jungle and forest biomes, so I'm guessing it's not really over yet?

They are permanent. They will always drop. but they will be more common than others for awhile to help ratios catch up.

Hmm. Stones and RCs don't hatch slowly, and Stones are the largest and densest dragons on dragcave, and RCs are specifically stated to be large as well.

Oh well! Who knows why things are the way they are, all I know is that shimmers and tinsels, and golds and silvers, take a while to hatch as well.

I dunno, but given enough Views, (although U Views are generally very low nowadays and do affect things, so that I often find far more Views to be required than otherwise would be,) my Shimmers, metallics and Holidays tend to hatch on time, at 4 days.

Rares and the more UnCommon do indeed tend to need more Views, sometimes a lot more than the most Common do, but the egg description on these eggs: 'This massive egg is covered with thick plates' has made some of us speculate that this might have been built into the actual hatching process of the egg, and it wouldn't surprise me if it had been.

TJ's eggs tend to get enough Views to kill any of ours in very short order and I would hope that our eggs wouldn't require 50,000 or however many Views to hatch, lol, so this indicated to me (wildly guessing, of course, and possibly talking through my hat, lol,) quite possibly more of a super-tough shell issue than anything else.

Just checked the Cave, 4 refreshes, and the 1st spot held, in order, Plate, Condensed, Plate, and Plate - personally, I'd say eggs which were not Common or more than slightly unCommon would probably not be showing at this rate, to be instantly snatched time after time, this long after the initial Release Flood, especially considering the numbers I've been seeing in Silvi's and other fansites.

Lol, maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, since I'm hoping to be able to snag more of all of these new dragons later, but aren't we all? laugh.gif

My plated eggs finally have cracks at 2885/389 and 2866/394 views.

Edit: And fogged for sickness.

Edited by Jazeki

My plated eggs finally have cracks at 2885/389 and 2866/394 views.

Edit: And fogged for sickness.

Thanks, Jazeki, I was just wondering what numbers people were finding which produced results in these, although I'm sorry to hear that yours are Sick.

I'll bet it is the hard-plated egg-shell... needs numbers which are too much for the dragon, but barely enough to crack that sucker at all.

I wonder if we could soak them in manicure liquid...

In that case, hatching these will be a pain.

We'd have to half-kill them to get them to hatch on time.

It also look like the gems have an unique cracking sequence. The crack starts at the right side to avoid running into anything.

EDIT: And some of the gems eventually fall off.

Edited by Stormy!