TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

Does that mean these are rares or what? Was it a shorter than normal drop?

It was over a day! That's a shrot drop? .-.

I wonder when some more /new/ sprites will be introduced in cave. Hopefully soon.

I'm still seeing them go through, just mixed in with the older ones. So I don't think they're particularly rare.

Oh, that would be a cruel April Fool's joke if something happened with these dragons. Like, they all end up being only one color or something, but I don't think TJ would tease us with a joke that cruel......would he? unsure.gif

@TheDarkLatias - My gosh! I love the dragons in your sig! Especially that brown one. Gorgeous! wub.gif

I sure hope not! I like the look of the hatchies too much laugh.gif

Does that mean these are rares or what? Was it a shorter than normal drop?

I hope it's not over. I still need to catch one more Drippy. If it is, then yes. It's a short drop because normally the drops have lasted through early Monday mourning cavetime when releases have been unleashed on weekends in the past. Then again they were usually at Sunday 12:00 so I dunno. *shrugs* :/

Edited by Syiren

I hope it's not over. I still need to catch one more Drippy. If it is, then yes. It's a short drop because normally the drops have lasted through early Monday mourning cavetime when releases have been unleashed on weekends in the past. Then again they were usually at Sunday 12:00 so I dunno. *shrugs* :/

If they were usually at Sunday, then this is a normal drop, I think.

I originally Earthquaked last night (24 hours ago), and it just killed a condensation egg. I Earthquaked again 4 hours ago, and it killed a plated egg but it hatched the remaining condensation egg. The 24 hours were up 5 minutes ago at 7:00pm Central, and I picked up another gemstone egg.

Rubyshoes, I'm glad your EQ hatched 2 gemstones. You paid a price, but got a very good outcome. I've seen a red CB hatchie, and now blue and green on your scroll, so that pretty much says we should be able to get CBs of all colors.

I originally Earthquaked last night (24 hours ago), and it just killed a condensation egg. I Earthquaked again 4 hours ago, and it killed a plated egg but it hatched the remaining condensation egg. The 24 hours were up 5 minutes ago at 7:00pm Central, and I picked up another gemstone egg.

Rubyshoes, I'm glad your EQ hatched 2 gemstones. You paid a price, but got a very good outcome. I've seen a red CB hatchie, and now blue and green on your scroll, so that pretty much says we should be able to get CBs of all colors.

Yeah. I'm pretty happy. Usually I'd be upset over losing two eggs but I did get two gems in two different colors and that was what I was hoping for so I'm happy.

Yeah, thank you very much to everyone who's been brave enough to try Earthquake-- I'm so happy to get little bits of information about the gem colorings. Very pleased to see that two eggs caught at the same time on the same scroll can hatch in different colors, and that all three colors are available CB (I assume-- I haven't seen that red hatchling myself).

Edit: Locked up at last with four gems, two plates and one drippy! So all I have to do is pick up one more drippy and two more gems and I could theoretically have one of everything. xd.png

Edited by arula

Oh, that would be a cruel April Fool's joke if something happened with these dragons. Like, they all end up being only one color or something, but I don't think TJ would tease us with a joke that cruel......would he?  unsure.gif

I was so ready for him to release 9 gem eggs and having them all be the same sprite. xd.png

If they were usually at Sunday, then this is a normal drop, I think.

They dropped Saturday at 1PM EDT, I believe.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Just saw the dead egg sprite for the jewels:

user posted image

Look at the gems falling off!

Not that I like seeing dead eggs, because I don't. But, I gotta say, that's pretty neat-looking. clever.

user posted image

Oh God... That hurts me! D:

Not that I like seeing dead eggs, because I don't. But, I gotta say, that's pretty neat-looking. clever.

I don't either. sad.gif But the sprite is nice. smile.gif

user posted image

It looks pretty good for a dead egg laugh.gif

user posted image

hehe Looks like someone took a bite out of a cookie xd.png (Such a pretty dead egg sprite, but such a sad egg sprite as well sad.gif )

Edited by FluffyPillow

Out of curiosity- has anyone gotten even a crack in one of their eggs? Maybe with the incubated ones? Sadly my next incubate won't be available for 5 more days ;-; So I won't be able to test it for myself

Out of curiosity- has anyone gotten even a crack in one of their eggs? Maybe with the incubated ones? Sadly my next incubate won't be available for 5 more days ;-; So I won't be able to test it for myself

Nope, not yet! (And I caught mine about two hours after the announcement, just to note) And mine are incubated.

It takes four days for an egg to hatch (aka it will hatch at the 3 day mark if it has enough views, etc)

Edited by arya10

Yep, I have some cracks in some of my gemstone eggs. (Which were caught maybe an hour after the release started and then incubated.) I should have noted exactly when the cracks started, maybe I would have been able to predict their colors. biggrin.gif

The plates are the only ones on my scroll that don't have cracks. I didn't incubate those two, though.

Edit: I caught all mine within the first hour.

Edited by Nicola

Mine have(except plated), but I am willing to push it on sickness, I honestly am not scared of it.

Edited by Nectaris

Well that's good news, thanks all. I'm not fazed by sickness either, never had an egg die from it and they just hatch or stop being sick sometimes.

Only 3 of my seven are old enough for hatchery visits, and none of them have enough views to crack - yet...

I do incubate and influence mine right away, but I don't add young eggs to ANY hatcheries until they are at least 24 hours old, or at the 5 day mark with the incubate. The eggs are unlikely to get sick,and they are generally quite ready to hatch at 4 days after a couple of visits to fansites. I don't rush them.