TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

Hurrah! Then they are random.

...and hopefully you can find a new egg, l-lol.

Grabbed two more gems already smile.gif

I couldn't resist earthquaking since we were having so many color theories so I used it. It killed a gem and a plate but two other gems hatched - one blue and one green.

Thank you for sharing this information. biggrin.gif I also peeked at your scroll and noticed that the dead gemstone egg looks like the gems broke off, which is so cool. laugh.gif

Sorry you lost two eggs in that experiment sad.gif! At least we have a pretty strong case for random coloration now though! Ugh....I may just not waste influences on these guys and use the gender swap thread instead xd.png Getting multiples of each gender from each color is gonna be a paaaaaain. And oh the horror of lineages! I can see it now. 'NOOOOOO you were supposed to be a blue MALE not a blue female!' 'OMG not another RED male why can you not be BLUE' -dies-

Oh the horror xd.png! (I love it) Gonna start calling Gems lineage trolls.... 'you mad bro?'

Haha... at least there are just three colors, unlike Nebulas. Maybe I'll start a lineage, as long as these don't go the route of Pyralspites and suddenly become impossible to find.

Thank you for sharing this information. biggrin.gif I also peeked at your scroll and noticed that the dead gemstone egg looks like the gems broke off, which is so cool. laugh.gif

I agree smile.gif The dead gem egg does look pretty nice.

And oh the horror of lineages! I can see it now. 'NOOOOOO you were supposed to be a blue MALE not a blue female!' 'OMG not another RED male why can you not be BLUE' -dies-

Oh the horror xd.png! (I love it) Gonna start calling Gems lineage trolls.... 'you mad bro?'

Hehe, I'm very tempted to start planning for a frustrating lineage like that - it's going to be hairpullingy awesome. xd.png But at least with these you don't have to wait until it genders to see whether you have the right color, that's a definite plus for me. :3

Aw man! I caught another Plate when I was hoping to catch a Drippy. Maybe I'll try to trade for one later, or just gift it and then hunt for a Drippy if they're still easy to catch.

Since TJ has all three colors, I really doubt they would be scroll coded. I also don't think he would make that mistake again and want to deal with the drama it would cause.

The gemstones are most likely random like the nebulas. I would go with time based, (green, morning. Red, noon. Blue, evening), but considering that they enjoy the sun, I doubt that will be the case.

Grabbed two more gems already smile.gif

Oh Ruby, you're my hero! biggrin.gif

I'm now tempted to earthquake mine too!

I didn't mean to cause such a debate, lol. I was pretty sure they were random, and that I just got unlucky.

Oh Ruby, you're my hero! biggrin.gif

I'm now tempted to earthquake mine too!

LOL smile.gif I'm just glad two gems actually hatched safely and in different colors. As far as the time I grabbed them to be a bit more specific they were both grabbed between 2 and 3 PM EST (and as I said earlier within 20-30 minutes of each other).

I thought dead eggs from earthquake lasted for 24 hours on scrolls? O.o How were you able to get more so quickly?

I thought dead eggs from earthquake lasted for 24 hours on scrolls? O.o How were you able to get more so quickly?

4 eggs were effected - 2 hatched and 2 died so I could replace the two that hatched but not the two that died (until tomorrow around 5 PM EST smile.gif ).

What if the colors go like this, instead of any of the previous dragons?

CB: Random color

Bred: If two of the same color are bred, the baby will be guaranteed to be that color. But if two different colors are bred, the result will either only be one of the parents' colors, or random.

So say you breed two blues together, you will be guaranteed a blue and can of course freely influence knowing you will get that color. But if you breed a red and a green, then maybe one of two things would be the result- The baby may only be either red or green, so you have a better idea of what you might want to influence it as, or it could be random. (Not saying there should be switching between those two options- just that either one or the other will be what always happens. Either always one color of the parents, or always random)

Maybe one of the dragons has a BSA that can influence color? So say if a blue gem uses its BSA on a Nebula egg, that egg is more likely to hatch a blue Nebula? This can still fit with the lore because it will just be drawn more to a blue nebula to watch, but it's not guaranteed to choose the blue nebula to pattern after either. smile.gif

Right, ramble over. Somehow this got long. xd.png

Edited by Sapphire Ryu

4 eggs were effected - 2 hatched and 2 died so I could replace the two that hatched but not the two that died (until tomorrow around 5 PM EST smile.gif ).

If it weren't for the codes of the eggs I have (is happy to finally have cool codes for new release dragons) I'd say heck with it and try an EarthQuake to see how it goes, especially since I misclicked on a plate instead of a drippy, but I just can't risk it.

I have a question though. Does Earthquake have a better chance of working if the eggs are closer to hatching? or does it not matter either way? unsure.gif

If it weren't for the codes of the eggs I have (is happy to finally have cool codes for new release dragons) I'd say heck with it and try an EarthQuake to see how it goes, especially since I misclicked on a plate instead of a drippy, but I just can't risk it.

I have a question though. Does Earthquake have a better chance of working if the eggs are closer to hatching? or does it not matter either way? unsure.gif

Don't really know. I've only used earthquake about 3 or 4 times. Last time was with the undies.

Oh derp. I knew that, of course you were able to grab two. xd.png

I won't dare try earthquake, with my luck it'll kill my only Z code and leave the others unaffected. dry.gif

Even mixed with the old ones the new release are still pleasantly easy to catch, what an awesome release! I'm happily egglocked again. biggrin.gif

I actually feel bad for eating a colorful chocolate chip cookie this morning. It resembles tge new gem egg tongue.gif

Even mixed with the old ones the new release are still pleasantly easy to catch, what an awesome release! I'm happily egglocked again. biggrin.gif

They were a nightmare to catch yesterday xd.png I guess the hype kind of died down a little.

They were a nightmare to catch yesterday xd.png I guess the hype kind of died down a little.

Good thing I was egglocked then - it turned out for the best. tongue.gif

Huh, my Earthquake wasn't as successful.. biggrin.gif

I'll probably just try again tomorrow xd.png

I had no problem picking up a new egg though, so it seems they're dropping fine still~