TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

Only one I can't seem to catch is the gemstone eggs. Oh well guess I will just have to wait.

Were you hunting in the Forest or the Jungle? the Gems drop in the Jungle only. Good hunting!

I still can't manually sort my eggs. I've tried waiting, rebooting, refreshing....nothing works since yesterday. It remains all faded out. Is anyone else having this issue?

I still can't manually sort my eggs. I've tried waiting, rebooting, refreshing....nothing works since yesterday. It remains all faded out.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Just went and tried, and my Alternate Custom Sort is fine.

ETA: WaterFox for me.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I still can't manually sort my eggs. I've tried waiting, rebooting, refreshing....nothing works since yesterday. It remains all faded out. Is anyone else having this issue?

Nope. I just got done manually sorting all my eggs and a few dragons. I use goggle chrome. Loads pretty fast for me.

Odd. I always use Custom Sort. So I went and tried Alt Custom Sort. It worked. And now just tried Custom Sort again. Now it works. Weird.

I'm betting Gem color depends on what time you pick them up smile.gif But that's just a guess. >> If all mine turn out the same color then I'll bet it's either that, scroll coded, or like the stripes breed only. -pokes the eggs- I'm kinda hoping for just random coloration like nebs personally. Even if it is annoying to try and get the right color sometimes.

Time dependent would be cool in my opinion. That way you could just catch and breed depending on color need.

I hope they're like the Nebs, too, because at least we'll be able to get CBs of each.

I kinda doubt they're like the stripes since CB Stripes are white and bred ones are different colors.

I hope they're like the Nebs, too, because at least we'll be able to get CBs of each.

I kinda doubt they're like the stripes since CB Stripes are white and bred ones are different colors.

Very true! I never thought of that. I'm going with random or time dependent then xd.png

I'm betting Gem color depends on what time you pick them up smile.gif But that's just a guess. >> If all mine turn out the same color then I'll bet it's either that, scroll coded, or like the stripes breed only. -pokes the eggs- I'm kinda hoping for just random coloration like nebs personally. Even if it is annoying to try and get the right color sometimes.

Time dependent would be cool in my opinion. That way you could just catch and breed depending on color need.

I hope they have a nebula-style system as well. They are tricky, but Nebs are one of my favorite breeds because we have four different colors.

Oh please, I don't want their color to depend on the picking-up time. I've caught mine simultaneously, they'll obviously be the same color...

I hope they'll be like Nebulas, too.

Anyway, thanks TJ and the spriters for the new release, the hatchies are beautiful! I love the Plates ^^

I'd love to have a CB Shimmer to pair with the new eastern breeds... *dreams*

I hope they have a nebula-style system as well. They are tricky, but Nebs are one of my favorite breeds because we have four different colors.

If they have something like Nebulas, would be even more tricky than with those... Think that if you can have both male and female for one coloration, it will mean even after you influence them, you'll get a random color out of 3 possibilities instead of two, like with Nebulas. You can half-control Nebs colo by influencing the egg, but with this, you'll have no idea and you'll waste a lot of influencers rying to get the right gender of the right color. That will freak me out a little bit, to be honest.

Something time related sounds nice, but a little bit complicated because it won't be Night/Day, but something like Day/Dawn/Dusk/Night... Idk, I think it's going to be random at the end.

I love Gems, they look pretty amazing! The only thing that bothers me is their random 3 colors x_x (Although, all look beautiful! wub.gif)

Oh, I really hope the Alts are not scroll specific or bred only! I would love to be able to get all three CB. I picked up five gemstone eggs so far in hope!

If they have something like Nebulas, would be even more tricky than with those... Think that if you can have both male and female for one coloration, it will mean even after you influence them, you'll get a random color out of 3 possibilities instead of two, like with Nebulas. You can half-control Nebs colo by influencing the egg, but with this, you'll have no idea and you'll waste a lot of influencers rying to get the right gender of the right color. That will freak me out a little bit, to be honest.

Something time related sounds nice, but a little bit complicated because it won't be Night/Day, but something like Day/Dawn/Dusk/Night... Idk, I think it's going to be random at the end.

I love Gems, they look pretty amazing! The only thing that bothers me is their random 3 colors x_x (Although, all look beautiful! wub.gif)

Not that complicated. You could always go with Morning, Noon, Night for the colors. Green for morning hours, Red for noon hours, and Blue for night hours.

I'd almost prefer that over the random now because of all the points you highlighted.

If it was time based we could easily figure out when to catch and breed for the desired color, especially with the added clock to the new homepage biggrin.gif!

I couldn't resist earthquaking since we were having so many color theories so I used it. It killed a gem and a plate but two other gems hatched - one blue and one green.

I couldn't resist earthquaking since we were having so many color theories so I used it. It killed a gem and a plate but two other gems hatched - one blue and one green.

Did you catch your gems around the same time?

Oh my! Did you catch them at the same time? If so then that's a good bet that they are random biggrin.gif!

Sorry you lost two eggs though, Ruby!

ETA derpsom

Edited by oddsoxdi

Did you catch your gems around the same time?

Yes. They were caught around the same time. Within the same hour probably no more than 20-30 minutes apart.

edit: Thanks oddsoxdi - normally it would bother me but since I really wanted some gems to hatch and see if the colors were different and I got to do that it doesn't really bother me too much.

Edited by rubyshoes

Oh thank god I was wrong! biggrin.gif

Hurrah! Then they are random.

...and hopefully you can find a new egg, l-lol.

Yes. They were caught around the same time.

Sorry you lost two eggs in that experiment sad.gif! At least we have a pretty strong case for random coloration now though! Ugh....I may just not waste influences on these guys and use the gender swap thread instead xd.png Getting multiples of each gender from each color is gonna be a paaaaaain. And oh the horror of lineages! I can see it now. 'NOOOOOO you were supposed to be a blue MALE not a blue female!' 'OMG not another RED male why can you not be BLUE' -dies-

Oh the horror xd.png! (I love it) Gonna start calling Gems lineage trolls.... 'you mad bro?'

My bet is their color is random, like Nebbies, especially after rubyshoes' experiment - sorry you lost your two eggs.

I just caught a gemstone egg and a plated egg. I'll have to avoid AP-diving until I catch the rest from this release. tongue.gif

I'm sorry two died D: but the dead Gemstone egg looks interesting!

*is tempted to try her luck as well* hmmm...

Well, now that they're verified as random coloring, hopefully their difference with nebulas will be that you can't have a random color pop up in your lineage.