TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

I hope the Gems act like the Nebula when it comes to coloring smile.gif It'll be a nice surprise every time (although irksome for lineages xd.png)!

The matured hatchies look really cute! Strangely enough, the Plate males are in a more passive position than the Plate females. Perhaps these dragons will be matrilineal?

I look at it more like he's getting ready to pounce. When my cat is crouched like that she is anything but passive. Just my take of course.

Also, the S2 green Gem hatchlings remind me of Flygon or another green and red Pokemon (I stopped playing years ago after Gen 2, so forgive me for not knowing them all xd.png).

Edited by Wahya

Also, the S2 green Gem hatchlings remind me of Flygon or another green and red Pokemon (I stopped playing years ago after Gen 2, so forgive me for not knowing them all xd.png).

Makes me think of Snivy, the starter Pokemon.

I'll try to do the same, but I sure hope it won't turn out like it did with the Pyralspites. I missed their release back in September and am still trying to get the orange and pink ones - Pyropes are pure awesome, but the the other two? I've seen more Golds and Silvers then Coastal Pyralspites while biome-hopping. *grumbles* I'd hate to see this happen to any of the new release too - keep them un- and/or common and fun to hunt for!

I'm in the same boat. I do like the Pyropes color best, but the Spesspartines are also very nice and I need at least 2 pairs of each variety for my basic scroll completeion goals. So far, I only have CBs of the Pyropes, so I hope all the gems are fairly common.

I... got another plate. Mixed in with commons. And I wasn't even a fast click. I'm shocked!

It looks to me like they're all commons. I just saw a condensation and a gemstone just casually browsing.

Ooooh my GOD the Gemstone hatchlings are SO FREAKING CUTE

I have a feeling I'm gonna have a few dozen of them frozen on my scroll. <3

I... got another plate. Mixed in with commons. And I wasn't even a fast click. I'm shocked!

Got mine the same way, last egg at end of drop, slowly was able to get my cursor oer there and clicked, a pause of a few seconds and BANG!, I got it! Surprised the heck out of me...

Thanks, TJ and Spriters...

HAHAHA, as far as colors go, I'm still trying to get a red Copper CB...

Discovering this release today apparently turns out to be a very bad thing. After 45 minutes of hunting, I haven't managed to grab a single gemstone... And with how the Garnets (Pyropes) are, I'm really afraid of the gemstones becoming suddenly super rare...

I only finally managed to grab two of the condensation and two plated, but not a single gemstone. Muuuuurgh. Stupid, slow internet.

Also, whoever got the egg of ~Removed for the protection of the new owner~, I'm friggen jealous. I clicked that one at least 8 times in a frantic attempt to get it >_>

So far, hatchlings look cute tho. I like the condensations, and the gemstones. Plated kind of remind me of big lumps of scales xd.png

EDIT: Okay, this is the third time in a row where, after I make a post about having issues catching, I suddenly manage to catch what I want. What the fluff. Whatever. >_>;

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Yeah, I fell out of the pokemon phase when they introduced Gen 6. The mega evolutions are what killed it for me really. We didn't really need them. The only two that actually look great as Megas are Kyogre and Groudon.

*pokes striped dragon* Wish I didn't have to wait for three hours for my next egg to hatch. I just need one more Drippy and I'll be happy with my catch.

Got my second Plate. Still sitting on only one Condensation but they seem to be more common. Three Gemstones though, so hopefully I'll get one of each variation (pleasepleaseplease) or at least get two different ones... None of my eggs even have a single crack yet and I have them on three different click sites ;-;

Thank you so much to the spriters and TJ!!! <3 I looove the S1 Gem babies!

Ooooh my GOD the Gemstone hatchlings are SO FREAKING CUTE

I have a feeling I'm gonna have a few dozen of them frozen on my scroll. <3

You won't be the only one. laugh.gif

Of the Gems, I think I like the red variation the best so far.

Wish I had more then 6 slots, with the gemstones having 3 colors I had to make sure to get 3 of them, so I had to decide if I should go with 2 condensation and one plated or 2 plated and 1 condensation. I really like the plated but I really wanted some easterns to go with the valentine ones. >-< so I went with 2 condensations hope I can still grab another plated after these guys hatch!

Got my second Plate. Still sitting on only one Condensation but they seem to be more common. Three Gemstones though, so hopefully I'll get one of each variation (pleasepleaseplease) or at least get two different ones... None of my eggs even have a single crack yet and I have them on three different click sites ;-;

Thank you so much to the spriters and TJ!!! <3 I looove the S1 Gem babies!

The new eggs aren't supposed to have cracks yet. I'd keep an eye on those eggs in case they get sick, which is a very real possibility with new eggs. TJ's eggs are purposely set to hatch before everyone else's so that we can see what they will look like while we hunt and wait for them to hatch.

All eggs will only hatch when they hit 4 days or less.

The pose of the S2 female Plates reminds me of a knight's horse in armor.

Just to recap why I (personally) think the plates may be rare.

Not only were they the last to hatch, but they had way more views/UVs than the other new ones before they did hatch. This is in line with metals/rares needing more views/UVs before hatchling in general. The counter to this point is that they gendered first (which took me by surprise). Another possible counter is that this could be a breed 'quirk' due to their apparent biology.

The other reason is that for a while they seemed to be hard to find (gem ones showing up far more than them). However, this is due to various player experiences, which may not show an accurate picture of rarity.

That said, I could be looking too much into things, so I'll happily accept being wrong if that turns out to be the case. xd.png

I wish I could see them better up close, but they get all blurry when I zoom in ._.

The male plate S2 doesn't look pushy or intimidating to me tbh

He looks like a happy puppy <3

Edited by arya10

Not only were they the last to hatch, but they had way more views/UVs than the other new ones before they did hatch. This is in line with metals/rares needing more views/UVs before hatchling in general. The counter to this point is that they gendered first (which took me by surprise). Another possible counter is that this could be a breed 'quirk' due to their apparent biology.

The other reason is that for a while they seemed to be hard to find (gem ones showing up far more than them). However, this is due to various player experiences, which may not show an accurate picture of rarity.

That said, I could be looking too much into things, so I'll happily accept being wrong if that turns out to be the case. xd.png

This is the same reason I'm wondering whether the blue gemstones will be the rarest color-- the reds and greens hatched around the same time, but the blues hatched (and gendered) a little later.

The plates, though, I would believe just need more views/UVs because of their thick, stiff shells.

Pretty sure that when whiptails were released, they took longer than the other eggs in their release group to hatch and mature. Dunno that this actually means anything in terms of rarity.

If anything, rarity speculation seems to be self-fulfilling prophecy half the time... we think they'll be rare, so we hunt even harder for them, so they appear rare because they get picked up straight away. tongue.gif

Pretty sure that when whiptails were released, they took longer than the other eggs in their release group to hatch and mature. Dunno that this actually means anything in terms of rarity.

If anything, rarity speculation seems to be self-fulfilling prophecy half the time... we think they'll be rare, so we hunt even harder for them, so they appear rare because they get picked up straight away. tongue.gif

Isn't that what happened with Blusangs?