TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

Here's what I did.

1.  Went to the biome page

2.  Hovered my pointer over the egg I wanted to get (left, middle, or right?  I went for right)

3.  Hit F5 and clicked immediately upon reload

It's not guaranteed, and if you're on a really slow connection it's really not guaranteed, but after several unsuccessful attempts I came to the conclusion that I was never going to get an egg upon initial page load.

Hope this helps someone.

That's what I do when a new release comes. It does increase the chances. It's amazing how much time moving your mouse/cruiser eats up compared to if it's already hovering over the egg.

Edit: Gosh I can't type to save my life today. I swear, these typos, they exist solely to torture me. xd.png

Edited by Syiren

Here's what I did.

1. Went to the biome page

2. Hovered my pointer over the egg I wanted to get (left, middle, or right? I went for right)

3. Hit F5 and clicked immediately upon reload

It's not guaranteed, and if you're on a really slow connection it's really not guaranteed, but after several unsuccessful attempts I came to the conclusion that I was never going to get an egg upon initial page load.

Hope this helps someone.

I think left or right are the better ones.

I almost never get mine when I go for the middle. Guess there are just too many people trying the middle.

And of course you have to be careful that you don't grab the wrong egg laugh.gif

I'm gonna laugh when jemstone color is based on what time we pick them up or something like that and all us first hour or so catchers have all the same color xd.png

This would be ... no ... Noooooo

Why haven't TJ's eggs hatched yet? They're down to 3d6h with over 14k views, shouldn't they be hatched already?

Agreed I'm really curious to see if there's any difference in the S1 gemstone dragon hatchlings.

Lol the only reason I was able to fill up on eggs right away was because I was one of only about 3 dozen people who were in the biomes today. xd.png It took most of the userbase by surprise, I think. I quickly ditched a few eggs and then grabbed five immediately. 4 hours later, grabbed my sixth because people caught on.

Only have two Derguns, alas, because I had an egg I couldn't get rid of that won't hatch until tomorrow. Oh well.

Edited by zaverxi

Hm. Someone added all my eggs to a hatchery and they got sick. Boo. Good thing I caught 'em early.

I honestly don't understand why people would do such a thing - if it was done with malicious intent it's just sad, pathetic even. I'm glad you caught your eggs in time, it would have been a shame had they died.

I've manage 3, two with the thick plates and one gemstone, but am scroll-locked until later today. Thought the 12 noon mark or midnight for cavetime would be the most likely, so I went and did other things, missing the start of the drop.

Thank you for the eggs, TJ! I can't wait to see who the artists are! <3

Why haven't TJ's eggs hatched yet? They're down to 3d6h with over 14k views, shouldn't they be hatched already?

I know. I'm curious to see the little babies. Normally I don't want spoilers, but this time I don't mind getting a sneak peek. wub.gif

Here's what I did.

1. Went to the biome page

2. Hovered my pointer over the egg I wanted to get (left, middle, or right? I went for right)

3. Hit F5 and clicked immediately upon reload

Hope this helps someone.

That's how I do it, as well. I'd add: Always do a fast double- or triple-click. Singles don't get through, at least not for me.

With all that in place I manage very well. (I have quite a fast connection, though. But without those steps, my catching is rather bad.)

Maybe they're time specific, like Sunset/Sunrise or the Day/Nightglory?

Got a pair of each of the new eggs! Looking forward to seeing what they hatch into. My compliments to the spriters.

Maybe they're time specific, like Sunset/Sunrise or the Day/Nightglory?

No, if that was the case then they would've cracked but just have gotten stuck at the last stage before hatchling.

I see no cracks on any of them... Hmm.

Pft, what a terrible day to have a multiple release. You try catching eggs on an airport Wifi =p I'm hurtin'.

No, if that was the case then they would've cracked but just have gotten stuck at the last stage before hatchling.

I see no cracks on any of them... Hmm.

Yeah, you're right. Forgot about that. laugh.gif

Guess we have to wait for them to hatch. Though it's really strange...

Oh a new release. biggrin.gif

I was able to catch all of them, I can't wait to see how they will look like. smile.gif

Lol, didn't I suggest maintaining the hope that would happen, in honour of your B-day? laugh.gif

Regarding the discussion about TJ's eggs not hatching yet, I'm guessing that TJ probably doesn't want his eggs to hatch too early, before people have had a chance to see them?

Or to give away the appearance of the hatchies too soon?

So he'll probably allow them to hatch when he figures it's a good time based on considerations like that?

A lot of people have probably no idea we have a New Release yet, because they've just quit checking, so could be plenty more incoming, if they have any way to find out or do think to check before the Easter Event.

Oh man, I have 3 eggs to hatch in the next 5 hours before I can fill my scroll with the new ones. So far I got 4 eggs, a gem, a leaf one and 2 striped ones. I want at least one more gem and one more with leafs. It's going to be a long wait.

Dairy Queen for the Cookie Dough egg. nice. Now it thinks it's an M&M Chocolate milkshake. xd.png

That'd make it a Cookie Dough Blizzard xd.png Awesome code catch, ForNarniaMC! :3 Just an hour (or even a few minutes) before I can get another egg, c'mon eggie, hatch ^^; *pokes egg*

Edited by FluffyPillow

In previous releases the eggs had already hatched by now. I think there just haven't been as many people clicking on the new eggs to get them to hatch quickly.