TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

Ah new release time! Time to watch everyone who complained about not having a release now complain that they can't catch anything!

Thanks for the release TJ. Patiently clicking through the five minute drops while my husband makes dinner - So far I have a plate and a gem to show for it!

Hoping the gemstones are birthstone dragons that change every month so we don't have to collect a buttload of them right now!

Ooh, I'm picturing the beautiful even or stairstep lineages you could create with that.

I've come home to see the biomes are empty, so- wahoo! New release! Thanks, everyone involved. smile.gif

Hoping the gemstones are birthstone dragons that change every month so we don't have to collect a buttload of them right now!

While that would be cool, doubtful since if there were 12 of them then TJ would have more than 9.

I'm expecting that the adult gems will just have different colored gems on their bodies. No telling what will make the different forms appear since they're all from the same biome, might just be random.

...Or maybe he's just being a troll and they're completely normal. laugh.gif

Are the gemstone ones appearing only in the Jungle? smile.gif

My view on the gemstone dragons:

there are three color variations: green, blue, red (just like on the shell).

The hatchies don't have dimorphism, so TJ has one of each (3) but the adults do, so he has three pairs (6). Six plus three gives nine, and that's the number of eggs he has smile.gif

how long are these eggs dropping for, and are they dropping in all biomes, or just the forest and jungle?

I'm having so much trouble catching even one sleep.gif

This is like the first time I ever asked myself this question - does anyone know who makes the banner art above the new eggs on the first post? xd.png The gemstone egg artwork is sooo cool. Reminds me of candy - or someone said, an M&M cookie.

Someone should stick the egg artwork in the encyclopedia *winkwinknudgenudge*

edit the typos cx

Edited by lightningsky

I'm gonna laugh when jemstone color is based on what time we pick them up or something like that and all us first hour or so catchers have all the same color xd.png

I KNEW I had counted 12 when I first checked this thread! Now it's just down to 9.

I missed the beginning of the drop, but when I first saw TJ's post at 2:45 EST, there were only 9 gem eggs. I wondered what all the talk about 12 eggs was about.

You know TJ is famous for misdirecting us with the number of eggs. I think he gets a kick out of the speculation on the new egg topics. All we can do is wait and see.

My view on the gemstone dragons:

there are three color variations: green, blue, red (just like on the shell).

The hatchies don't have dimorphism, so TJ has one of each (3) but the adults do, so he has three pairs (6). Six plus three gives nine, and that's the number of eggs he has smile.gif

I like your theory, more colour = more fun and more awesome lineages to work with. smile.gif I just hope they won't take the Pyralsprite route on this one. I mean Pyropes are awesome, but the other two are insanely hard to catch and this (in my opinion) just sucks out all the fun out of a (sub)species.

You know TJ is famous for misdirecting us with the number of eggs. I think he gets a kick out of the speculation on the new egg topics. All we can do is wait and see.

Agreed biggrin.gif

I was there at the beginning too, there was 12 gemstone eggs.

Good heavens, lost my manners somewhere in all the excitement!

Thank you SO much to TJ, Spriters and Mods and anyone else I may have missed for this wonderful Release!

(Do hope they're all Commons, though, so we can load up on them over time, as I can see we'll likely have a lot of new lineage possibilities! smile.gif )

I missed the beginning of the drop, but when I first saw TJ's post at 2:45 EST, there were only 9 gem eggs. I wondered what all the talk about 12 eggs was about.

I wouldn't call him "famous" for it. It's only ever happened one other time in my four-and-a-half years on DC, where the Pyralspites accidentally had three eggs instead of two. This is the only other time it's happened.

I just caught a gemstone one with the code AGhhp xd.png I guess it describes how others feel when the caves empty so fast

Oh my lord! That's amazing! Perfect! xd.png

You got pretty lucky with that code. Hope you get more like it- if you want more!

I like your theory, more colour = more fun and more awesome lineages to work with. smile.gif I just hope they won't take the Pyralsprite route on this one. I mean Pyropes are awesome, but the other two are insanely hard to catch and this (in my opinion) just sucks out all the fun out of a (sub)species.

Since they share the same egg and biome, pretty sure they won't turn out like the Pyralspites.

If there are 3 forms then hopefully the forms will just be random, since I think Pyralspites and Coppers are the only other ones with 3 forms and both of those are based off biome.

I just caught a gemstone one with the code AGhhp xd.png I guess it describes how others feel when the caves empty so fast

...That is hilarious.

This is the first time I've been around to see a new release, thank you TJ and everyone who is responsible for these new beauties. Can't wait to see what they look like. <3

An egg finally hatched and I managed to get my 2nd Cookie Dough egg (can't resist calling them that) xd.png Just need another puddle one :3