MyaMouse

The 7 Seas

"It may not be done away with, but it can be dealt with. What we do, steal from the rich, give to the poor. That helps. As for your experience... not many hold to the old ways. My father taught me to live and breath it, as I did my son.... but.... things have changed."He moved higher in the rigging on the main Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Yes, all of us were there once. Now Chester needs to get used to it as well. I wish the poor lad luck. He looked when she spoke to Sasha.

Sasha jumped when she heard Elaine speak, with her brother. Well that....makes sense...hehe...um, yeah.

((My god so short ><))

"Oh sup Esko." He looked at him. "How many times did I say sup to you today?" He thought about the question for a bit. "I think 3. Or 4. Told you late nights were getting to my brain." He looked around. "How long you think Chester's going to take to get used to this?"

Pakt silently contemplated the things the older man had said. He was right.

It was like bandaging a mortal wound. It would never fix it. Only delay the inevitable.

He glanced up as Rai ascended the riggings once more. He was feeling somewhat morose, and in a weak attempt to entertain himself, began flicking pieces of orange peel off the platform.

He attempted to land them on the heads of the shipmates conversing on deck.

He landed one on Tak's shoulder, almost landed one on Sasha.

It was getting late out, and he could see the glorious sun descending into the curve of the earth. He always imagined the sun went straight into the ocean. It was silly, but also comforting to think that the earth was the most important part of the universe when he was a child. As he grew older, he knew that the sun going down was the descent of darkness upon his world, the extent of his view.

He reminded himself that even the sun abandons you.

"I'm guessing about a month. Dunno though." Takaki continued, taking the orange peel off his shoulder and looking at it without and change in his facial expression. He looked at Pakt. "Nice try." He said.

Times vary. Me, it took like, two weeks, but for Esko, it took a m- She would have continued if an orange peel had not whizzed in front of her face and make her loose her train of thought. Nice one. Need to work on your aim though. She yelled up to where Patk was.

Laine stared out into the sea.

"Yeah, me too, and Coralia's giving him ginger, which eases stomachache. Rai's teaching how to walk on a boat. He's getting better. I believe in him anyway."

Suddenly Laine fell over, and the winds pushed the sails the wrong way. A shout came from where Alex was. The deck shifted a bit, but not a lot.

"Wind! GOSH DARN IT!" Alex shouted as she struggled to turn the wheel back the right way.

Pakt was standing up when the slight shift occurred, and was thrown off balance.

"No!" He shouted as his feet no longer felt the wood below them.

He grabbed wildly at whatever was available, and luckily but unluckily got his hand caught in the rigging.

He shouted in pain as he realized he had dislocated his wrist and was now hanging by it. He threw his right hand onto the rigging and dragged himself out of it, and slowly but surely descended the rigging.

When he hit the deck he sat down against the mast and examined his injured wrist, gasps of pain occasionally occurring when he moved it.

Rai was also thrown into the air. He managed to latch on to a swinging rope and held on tightly as html pulled free from its knot on the main sail and he swings into the back mast near the wheel. Dazed he let go, landed on the railing, let go and fell in front of the door to the captain's quarters with a shout of pain as he twisted his ankle under him badly. He rolled over on to his back and let out a torrent of incoherent words, not wanting to curse in front of a lady, no matter how much he hurt. He shouted over to pakt. "Are... You alright lad? Little movement on deck, is a lot in the masts... ow..." He sat up tenderly and winced as he moved his foot.. it was either sprained or broken, he couldn't tell.

______

Cass had grabbed the wheel and helped turn it back. "I highly r-recommend not g-going into the wind. It would slow is down f-five knots per hour th-thus making us reach P-Port of Sann-twain ((crappy made up name)) by sunset tomorrow, the j-jet stream would make us go against the w-wind and then it would to be to bumpy for anybody to b-be of any use. If we go th-through the jet stream, we will miss the port c-completely C-c-captain." He curled up hunched over expecting her to hit him for speaking out of turn. "I-I would gladly s-stay up all night to h-help you reach the p-port by morning...."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Pakt raised his head and spoke.

"Dislocated wrist. Hurts like all hell, but give me some rum and i'll pop it back into place. You alright?"

He winced as he moved his wrist.

((Sorry for shortpost, im out of it right now.))

((CRAAAP))

"I know that, Cassius, but if we go with the wind we'll be going in the wrong direction!" Alex groaned, and then a body flung down from the rigging landed a level below her.

"Holy crap! Cass, can you hold the wheel, just make sure we're gonna get to Aakades at some point tomorrow?" Alex said, and without waiting for an answer, jumped off the railing and landed by Rai.

"Need some help?" Alex said, helping him up. His ankle was swelling and red and looked sore.

"Cmon, let's get you to Coralia," Alex said. She saw Pakt, but he could walk. She would come back for him in a bit.

((Did I get it right this time))

((Yes.. yae! Interaction between Rai and Alex finally!!))

Cass nodded and grabbed on to the wheel, managing to maneuver it so they where headed in the right direction, following only a slight breeze heading in the opposite direction of the jet stream.

______

Rai nodded and got up wincing and pulled out his sword leaning on that with one hand and on Alex with the other. "Thank you Captain.... but of a rough landing there.. He turned in pakt's direction and yelled over, "Sprained ankle... had it before. Nothing to bad. At least I wasn't thrown overboard,... then who would keep a sharp eye on Chester eh?" He chuckled, keeping his tone light and the weight off his foot. He joked when in pain, it made his mind focused on more important things, although the more he jokes, the more his tell told that he really hurt. He always sucked at playing poker for that reason. He didn't bluff well. "all I need is a peg leg and I'll be a true pirate of those stories.." He muttered limping.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Nah, it doesn't look broken and that'd be too piratey for my liking," Alex replied with a laugh. She brought him to Cor's room and knocked on the door. Alex hadn't seen her around so maybe she was in her room?

((I don't think she is))

Pakt stood up, careful to avoid jarring himself. A younger deckhand expressed his concern, but Pakt gave him the same response he gave Rai. He'd get shitfaced drunk and pop it back into place, no big deal.

"Who's gonna get me some *uninteligible curse* ALCOHOL!" He shouted, trying to hold back the pain induced rage he often experienced as a child.

Last time he had been injured badly, a black eye in a street fight, he had blacked out. When he came to, most of his assailaints were badly injured, some quite dead. His friends oft referred to him as a berserker in battle for just that reason.

Pakt held his breath, trying to keep from entering his rage tantrum.

Laine~

"You aren't going to get any, mister, if you're going to yell and curse like that. There are children on this boat, and not just me." Laine grabbed his arm roughly, and popped his wrist back into place. "Now, ass-hat ((what is that a reference to? Try and see)), you better shape up. You are scaring Cor, yelling for alchohol, swearing in front of children... If I wasn't raised with sailor-mouthed men and Mom like you, I'd break your wrist and leave you in pain," Elaine hissed through gritted teeth. She got very intolerant of rude people, and for a skimpy, fragile girl, she could throw a punch, take one, and had the strength of an ape. And she always followed through on her threats. She released him, and stalked away into her mom's room, slamming the door behind her.

Pakt looked down in disbelief at the child before him. The kid knew she was talking to a man 3 times her size, who could kill her without breaking a sweat, but she stood her ground and LECTURED him.

The pain was dulled, but the leftover rage and the pure indignance he felt towards Laine had flared. He swung down with his healthy hand and smashed through the top of the barel of grain next to the mast. His face was red, and he strode violently towards the hatch.

All the way he ranted, "What doesn't scare her! This is a friggin PIRATE SHIP, not a DAYCARE! Damn kids!"

Most on deck knew that it took a lot to get Pakt going, being a fairly easygoing man and all, but when he got going, he was enraged.

He dropped into the hatch, and it slammed closed behind him. Stopping by his room in the crew quarters, he grabbed a hidden bottle of Turkish rum, tore the cork out, and spit it wherever.

He sat down at the currently empty "lounge room" where crew would gather to play cards, and began downing the large bottle of alcohol.

((Man, feels kinda good to rp out some anger and stress.))

Edited by Peelzies

(Sorry, I had to study for my math retake. I think I did better this time happy.gif)

(Also I have no idea where Coralia is but I don't want to hold up this role play so she can conveniently be in her room.)

Hearing a light knock on her door, Coralia quickly jumped up from her bed. Extinguishing her reading candle so that she won't waste wax, her feet flew across the slightly sticky wood floor. Throwing the door open she was greeted with the sight of Rai, heavily leaning on Alex for support. She let out a sigh of relief, not immediately seeing any life threading injuries. Her eyes were then quickly drawn to Rai's right leg, swollen and red. How had he managed that? Leaving the door wide open as an invitation for the pair to enter, she quickly stepped over to her desk, her hands fumbling for supplies.

(Shouldn't there be a sickbay?)

((Guys?))

((I had hoped you'd make them walk in... I'm not... Aw hell))

"Hey, Cor... Rai fell from the rigging when the boat shifted." Alex said. "I think he might've sprained his ankle... It doesn't look broken. And he can't go down the stairs to the sickbay, so ai hoped I could just leave him here."

((Crap post is crap))

((I didn't know how to answer....))

Rai leaned against the door way, looking tired and in pain. "I'm sure with your care I'll be good as new in no time..". He looked at Alex bleary eyed, going into shock, but controlled himself carefully. "Would you... possibly assign a good deck hand to look after Chester until I recover? That is.. if my requests isn't out of line Captain..." He didn't dare enter the room until Coralia said or motioned him inside, a gentlemen never enters a lady's quarters without permission.

((The one-liners...))

"Here," Alex said, bringing Rai in and lowering him to sit on Cor's bed. "I gotta get back to Cass, but you're in good hands with Cor, Rai; I'll be back in a bit."

Alex waved and went back out onto the deck.

((Aaaah crap post is crap again))

((I can't thin of anything but I'll push through!))

Rai sat on the bed after hobbling inside and tenderly pulled off his boot with much gasping and wincing in pain. He ran his fingers through his semi-long dark chocolate brown hair as he looked at his swollen ankle. This would take a while to heal, he almost broke it. "Do you have anything for pain? Other then rum.... I don't drink." He asked softly still trying to fight his shock and not freak out in front of a lady.

____

Cass was at the wheel. He managed to get the ship in a breeze heading in the correct direction, although slower, still heading in the correct direction. He brought out a few of his tools of the trade to help him pinpoint exactly where they are. Indeed, he'll have to stay up in the night, and tonight was supposed to get chilly. He always wore his 'winter clothes' as the others put it.

A long sleeve shirt, with a vest and a scarf, sometimes a dark green jacket on top. He never showed his arms, or had any of his buttons undone no matter what the weather was. It was how he was taught to dress, and was raised to dress. It's hard to change when you had lessens beaten into you if you don't follow the rules.