MyaMouse

The 7 Seas

((Waf))

Alex sat on an empty barrel on the stern of the ship, a bit bored. Her daughter was off somewhere, probably looking for Chester. Laine wanted to be friends with Chester even though he pushed her away. Alex just guessed it was because Laine wanted to talk to someone in her age group.

"Breakfast's ready, you dogs!"

Alex got up and looked for Laine. She was still sleeping in her cot, so Alex woke her gently so she wouldn't miss breakfast.

"Let's go, sweetie."

((Well, that may be possible, but they'd have to be roped on to prevent them falling or losing dirt and pure water is kinda hard to get when you're on the sea for a month or so))

((Bed time for me, but they brought barrels of water and some trade ships have been known to grow stunted lemon trees and limes for scurvy prevention. I mean it. I can't read large posts. The words skip far to much and give me a nasty headache.))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Waaaat?))

Takaki went down to where they were eating. The usual buzz of the place as crew members hustled to and fro, stuffing food in their mouths and shouting at each other. He got his food and sat down on the seat. He was starving; he started to dig in.

Edited by SULDhasno

((Screw logic))

Chester stared confused as Coalia put ginger root in his hand. To drop it, feed it to Sasha, or hold it? Maybe she wants me to hold it while she does something. Probably not a good idea to drop it then. He held the ginger firmly in his hands, not letting it go.

Aroara: I can't just write "Coalia picked basil leaves. Then she gave Chester Ginger and went to find Mason." Besides, I feel like the little things like the way Coalia describes the plant as if they were sentient beings give her character. Don't worry, these big posts usually trim down as the role play progresses in my experience anyway. Lots of things are usually shown/described in the first few posts.

Esko: She left him already, poor boy is just standing there like "Wha?" xd.png

Elaine~

I walked with my mother to the dining hall as we passed Chester. I stopped for a second and saw he was holding some ginger root. "Ah, you should eat that. Helps with the motion sickness. Coalia gives them to me all the time." Then I ran off to catch up to my mother.

We arrived at the dining hall and I immediately ran for food. I sat next to Takaki and began eating. It was really good, the idea to hire Mason was a good call on Mom's part.

((Lil. Brackets.))

((Bracket love))

((And potatoes))

((Warning: at least one reference coming!))

Sister, why must you rush every time? Esko asked Sasha as they were getting food. There is no need. The food will be the-

Brother, no need to complain. She simply stated, which won her an extremley heavy sigh from him. Sasha bit into a potato, not talking to him while eating. Just another example of their 'sibling love'.

Meanwhile, Chester had looked up when Elaine told him to eat the ginger root. Um...okay... He started to nibble the root. He wasn't too big of a fan of raw ginger, but it was okay. Plus, if it rids me of this stupid sickness, I will eat the whole thing.

((I feel a crap post ;-wink.gif)

((I had a much longer post than this, but safari crashed and deleted it all. >.< ))

"Food?" Pakt responded with excitement.

He rushed down to the mess hall, pardoning himself as he passed. When he reached the mess hall, the smile on his face was overwhelming.

He glanced down at the somewhat disappointing meal before him.

"Bread and cheese, Huh?" He muttered under his breath as his smile faded.

"Looks great, Mason!" Pakt graciously thanked the cook as his smile returned to his face.

He sat down and began digging into his humble meal. He retrieved an orange from the satchel at his hip.

"Prevents scurvy." he muttered to himself.

Pakt prided himself on his white smile, but in all reality he just really liked oranges.

"Anybody outside during that storm last night? Boy, that was a doozy! Nearly knocked me clear off the rigging!" He announced to the hall, hoping to spark conversation among his crewmates.

He glanced at Chester, who was suffering from sea sickness. Pakt had never really experienced it, as he was a natural sailor. Only time he had puked on board was when he got a lever to the stomach during a particularly heated brawl.

Edited by Peelzies

"Huh? What storm?" He looked at Pakt in confusion. "I just have been asleep... Oh well." He continued to eat his food. "This is pretty good." He then got up. "Wonder what boss's going to assign us to do today. Going to go back to watching the see again. See you." He waved and headed back onto the deck, and continued to watch the ocean.

((Sleep, a woman needs it to not rip people to shreds in the daytime. I was getting it last night after I might my last post... tongue.gif read the long posts, sorry for that, it'd hard to read with tired eyes and when it's late))

Rai nodded as he helped Chester to the dinning area. "Aye, you should. Be careful though, the raw root is bitter. It's best to nibble on it when you start feeling sick, it is powerful stuff, too much though might do the opposite of help you. Ah... hardtack.... " the man nibbled on his meal once he got the lad down to the dinning area and sat down on his bench. He wished for coffee, the strong Spaniard coffee to wash it down.

_________

Cass remained quite, in the corner of the room eating his bread with a calculitive look. He knew Mason was good at keeping tabs on what was used. In three days he'll ask him to join him in taking inventory again so he could alert the Captain ahead of time about when they need something important and how far away from a port they are.

He had gotten his sea legs quickly and hardly spoke to anyone but Mason and the Captain.... although he was even more shy around Coalia, if it was possible..... He was always avoiding eye contact with anyone... his violet eyes being a odd mutation and that some would find his odder then they usually do.

((When do we get to have a ship battle Mouse smile.gif ))

After finishing his small breakfast, Pakt began peeling the large orange. He kept the peel in his satchel; it worked like gum, dulling his appetite and giving him something to chew on. Also, fresh breath.

"It's a nice day out. Anybody know if we have any stops today?" He inquired to nobody in particular.

Pakt glanced around. Most of the crew ate their meal sonberly and quietly.

Just because the ship is dark doesn't mean your attitudes have to reflect it.. he thought.

He was especially abrasive to the kid, Chester. He really shouldn't be mad at the kid, just whoever brought him on board. He was in no shape for seafaring, let alone on the Griffin. Probably can't fight, generally whiny as a kid his age can be.

He realized he had been shooting him a harsh glare the entire time he had been thinking. He quickly changed this to his usual smiling face, pulled a slice out of the orange, and popped it in his mouth.

"Paaaaakt, stop glaring at Chester. I know a bunch of people who were less than ship-worthy when they joined, and look at them now! He's just a tad spoiled. He'll get over it. I believe in him. And we aren't stopping today, although we're getting close to Aakades (ah-kah-dis) and should arrive by tomorrow at noonish." Alex elbowed Pakt and smiled. "Besides, Laine needed someone to talk to."

((Aakades has been taken over by a neighboring kingdom and Alex didn't know so they're walking-er, sailing- into a battle.))

"Ah, young love! We'll make him into a saillor yet, eh?" Pakt exclaimed theatrically.

He popped another slice of orange in his mouth.

"Aakades?" He repeated. "I knew a lovely dame during my stay there... in fact I believe i was just about Chester's age! I really fancied the girl, too... Her pa didn't take too kindly to me though. In fact i think i still have the scar from that club he whacked me with when he caught us sharin' a kiss through her window!"

He laughed out loud and winked as he pointed at a faint scar over his right eye.

"Oh boy, good times. Whose all going to the square with me when we dock?"

He stood up and slapped Alex on the back.

Edited by Peelzies

(So I realized that I've been writing Coal-ia this whole time and then pronouncing it Coral-ia in my head.

Which is also the correct way to spell it.

I'm so bad QQ)

(Silly Chester, your suppose to ask Mason to make that into tea for you!)

Coralia would have offered Chester some ginger candies (no doubt he would enjoy that more) to suck on but Elaine had eaten up her last batch. The candies were simple enough to make but had to sit for awhile before they we're suppose to be eaten. The latest batch she made still had about a week to go so the boy would have to make do with tea for now.

Approaching the dining hall, she gingerly stepped in, trying to avoid the rambunctious crew and the fights that would surely break out this early in the day. She kept her distance from Pakt, the large man with his large voice frighten her. Trying her best to tiptoe through a sea of large feet/shoes, she stumbled and caught herself before she crashed into Cass, the quiet navigator with purple eyes. He had never tried to talk with her about anything that didn't involve their work but he seemed like a really nice man though one that didn't have much interest in her or anyone else save for Mason and Alex.

Speaking of the captain, Coralia caught a flash of her red hair out of the corner of her vision. She turned to make her way over to briefly greet the captain but thought twice about it when the captain neared and engaged in a conversation with Pakt. It wasn't like she had anything personal against Pakt, she was simply just scared of him. Besides Coralia treated him like any other crew member. She was sure that he didn't know the way she felt towards him.

Turning the other way, she made her way to the upper deck where it looked like Mason was fixing a broken railing. Hoping that she wasn't bothering him to much, Coralia walked over and gently nudged him with her shoulder to get his attention. Smiling she lifted the bowl of basil towards the man, indicating that he was suppose to pay attention to that.

(Silly Coralia thinks she treats Pakt like everyone else this is what she looks like when talking to Pakt (+ most new people)

This is what she looks like when talking to everyone else (minus the fainting and excluding the kids + Alex + Mason)

xd.png)

((Yeeeah.. Peel... That's kinda... DC rules...))

Alex laughed nervously and stared at him. She knew why Coralia was freaked out by him... He was just too much sometimes and a bad influence on the kids... But he was one of the better seamen in Alex's crew. She sighed and rubbed her forehead as he left.

She finished her food and walked out, going back to her barrel. She tended to sit there when the boat was just drifting, but she remembered that she had to get to work. If they wanted to arrive by tomorrow, they'd have to start now. It was close but not close enough for them to see land yet. She walked over to the wheel and called Cass over. She wasn't the navigational "always find your way" type, so she hired Cass to help with that.

"Which way? I'm still confused..."

((He's supposed to drink it in tea? I eat ginger raw. It's good, man))

((Bitter sweet. I don't like it. It was too bitter for me but has a tangy after taste. It does help with stomach aches.. that's the only reason I know cuz I got car sick. Suggestive works. I dropped a few hints myself,and a few more now...))

Rai shook his head at Pakt. The man never had a child, so he wouldn't know how to raise one properly. A glance at Alex told him she thought the same. No doubt that man was a good worker, and a good spar partner, but not the greatest influence on children. Granted, Chester was a young man now, honor and valour and self respect for others and women alike should be taught every young man. It is what he told his son..... He shook his head. "here, I'll cut a slice off and meet the rest in your pocket, but eat the slice. And here, it's strong so drink water after you eat to help swallow." He pulled a dagger out of his belt, cut a slice off that wasn't too big, and set a tin cup of water in front of the boy.

______

Cass was finished and was standing up when Coralia bumped into him and he flushed lightly righting her, making sure his hands where only on her arms, and even then it was hardly noticeable, then stepped back ducking almost flinching when she walked away. He headed up to go back to the nav room when Alex called him over. He scrambled quickly as he could and pulled out his compass and took a moment to calm and steady his shaking hands and get his bearing.

"W-We need to turn... eastward... precisely.. um.... 3 full turns of the wheel and after about.. um.. a-an hour and a h-half... we would see shore. Then one half turn to head west.. a-along the shore and w-we would be at port.... m-ma'am..." His nervous stutter and habit or twitching whenever the Captain or someone close moved fast or shouted profanity also gave him odd looks. He couldn't help it. Habits die hard.

((Esko, bad Alpha.... ))

((Craaaappy post, gonna just leave Alex and Cass for now...))

Elaine~

After I finished eating I went out to the dock. Esko was out there, supposedly he finished eating. Or didn't eat at all. I walked up to him and waved anyway, smiling and walking over. "Heya, Esko, what's up? Other than the sky," I said. Small talk? Not my best subject.

Glancing over, Mason spotted Esko and Elaine lazing about, making small talk, as well as Coralia trying to get his attention. She apparently had a bowl of root, which the towering figure took and set in the shade. He'd probably be able to make something out of that, tea maybe. The ripping of boards and hammering nails drowned out his chance to eavesdrop, but he still had an interested look on his face as he looked over. Was she lonely? What else explanation would the captain's daughter have to talk to a lowly crew-member, even if that was the rank she held herself?

Mason was content to serve; that's what he was, after all. A simple servant. At least for the time being, of course; he still held onto those childhood delusions of sailing the high seas with a crew of loyal men at your command. To his childhood self, the greatest things in life was friendship and adventure. Now older, Mason's naivety was wizened with a bit of age and outlook on things. While he still held onto those ideals, he's sprinkled in family and a home as well.

Still, pipe-dreams. He'd been sailing for four years, as a loyal cook under her captainship Alexandria. She hadn't led him astray yet, and Mason doubted she would any time soon.

[i encourage you to think of Mason as a big and cuddly teddy bear. If you get to know him, which you should, you'll find that he might open up to you as well.]

Edited by Astrodeath311

Takaki noticed Esko talking with the captain's daughter as he was looking out into the water. He decided to go over and just drop a hi. He came over to Esko and lightly punched him. "Herro." He then greeted the Captain's daughter before walking off. He noticed the cook and waved.

Edited by SULDhasno

Pakt stood up and sigh. He intimidated some of the younger, meeker crewmembers. He made some of the others uncomfortable. However, maybe the was a good thing for now.

He wandered up to the top deck, where the weather, although still nice, was growing cloudy. He popped what remained of his orange and got to work. He tightened some of the riggings, untangled some of the aft lines, and carried a fresh keg of gunpowder from the lower decks to replace the one that had been three-fourths used two weeks before.

Pakt's back hurt. Not like the inside, but his skin. He wandered over to Mason, unaware of the angry red sunburn growing on his entire back.

" Mason, see anything back there big guy?" he inquired, turning around.

Turning the other way, she made her way to the upper deck where it looked like Mason was fixing a broken railing. Hoping that she wasn't bothering him to much, Coralia walked over and gently nudged him with her shoulder to get his attention. Smiling she lifted the bowl of basil towards the man, indicating that he was suppose to pay attention to that.

(Astro did you miss this?)

Esko looked up when the captain's daughter greeted him. He nodded to her. Not much. Sasha's dreaming over Takaki like always, still with an impulsive appetite. I guess that might be a side effect of struggling to get food for years, but still... He sighed. What about yo- He looked at Takaki when his arm was lightly punched. He was about to say something when he walked off to say hi to more people. Try having him talk to Sasha, see how red she gets. He joked, even though his poker face didn't move a bit.

((Probably my last post until after school unless circumstances allow))

((I kinda want Takaki to be all as if he knows about the whole Sasha thing.))

Takaki went up to Mason. "Sup. Thanks for breakfast. Come to think about it, are we making a round to go get more food?" Takaki whipped round when he saw Pakt. "Dude, you got sunburn." He said half-heartedly.

"Oh, right. Where's Sasha?" He went off back to Esko. "Sorry for interrupting. Again. But do you know where Sasha is? She wanted to talk to me about something." He looked up and thought for a bit. "Or maybe that was just me. Gosh, late nights are killing my brain. Anyways, say to Sasha I said hi!" And with that, he walked off.

Edited by SULDhasno