Stellaluna22

.:*・°☆.The Galaxy Lineage.:*・°☆.。

You may want to breed Via Lactea so Hera & Zeus's line continues xd.png

I gotta wait another 5 days before they can breed.

Edited by Stellaluna22

@ Stellaluna --- I'm going to try breeding Via Lactea to Oa when he grows up. Fingers crossed they like each other. smile.gif

@Kigyptnee

I hope so too! happy.gif Good luck with that!

Update:

Two eggs available, if anyone wishes to join and begin their part of the lineage! biggrin.gif

(or if anyone already in the lineage needs another dragon from me to breed smile.gif)

Edited by Stellaluna22

I've debating for days if I should join this project or not. On the one hand I love nebulas and really want to join so I can share and compare with others who love nebula breeding too, on the other hand the rules look unacceptable to me.

I've been wavering between accepting that I can't join or joining knowing I am bound to treat the majority of the rules like guidelines (which is how they look) and not black-list-offense-rules.

I've decided to go list my problems and ask about how firm the rules are and if you assure me that they are indeed firm black-list rules then I'll accept that, go away and not bother you again.

1. No inbreeding!

- Great rule if it specifies which dragons and which offspring are acceptable for the Galaxy Lineage, because a lot of people don't want inbreeds on their scroll and we want to trade with each other. As a black-list offense completly unacceptable to me. My dragons are all promisk and I don't discrimnate against inbreeds on my scroll so I can't promise that I'll never ever breed one of the dragons I've registered with the galaxy lineage with an inbreed mate. Nor do I think a lineage project should dictate what people do with their own dragon outside of lineage breedings.

2. It would be very helpful if you contribute eggs or hatchlings to this line. This is optional.

- If it's optional it's not a black-list rule, right?

3. Nebula dragons only.

- See problem with inbreed rule. Good thing if you want to specify which dragons are acceptable for the lineage project, if it means once a dragon is registered with the galaxy lineage we aren't allowed to breed it to non-nebulas on threat of being black-listed it's a dealbreaker to me.

4. You may freeze or AP an egg/hatchie AFTER at least 1 egg/hatchie donation to this thread.

- I can live with that one, though breaking it looks more like grey-list offense to me, but that's not for me to decide

5. People who request eggs or hatchies have 48 hours to respond to the breeder's PM, if they fail to respond they will be put on a greylist for 3 days

- no problem there except that nitpicky me wishes you hadn't listed it among the black-list offenses

6. Breeders: dragons can breed to any nebula of any lineage (excluding inbred).

- See comment in 1. and 3.

7. Dragons must be given a surname/suffix of "Galaxy".

- See comment in 1. and 3.

8. No killing eggs or hatchie/dragons.

- See comment in 4.

9. All dragons must be named.

- See comment in 1 and 3 . Plus, if this IS a black-list offense how much time does a person have to name their dragon before you black-list them?

10. Have fun!

And at this point it hopefully has become clear why I've wondered if that list was supposed to be a list of hard-core black-list rules in the first place

Rules may change at any given time without notice.

If you break a rule in this thread (lineage rules and/or forum rules such as posting nasty photos), you will be blacklisted/banned from this thread.

And that's the part that gives me the impression that those 10 rules are all supposed to be black-list offenses

Edited by Laura-Lana

Yeah, I was planning to change some rules around. My apologies for any confusion or doubt caused, this is my very first lineage project. Thank you for the feedback. I'd be more than happy to take any suggestions from you though!

Thanks for your kind reply.

Suggestions? ... Well, I am sort of hoping you mean your 'rules' like this:

To be part of the official Galaxy lineage a dragon has to meet the following criteria:

1. The dragon has to be a Nebula. (You can start with a CB Nebula egg, request one below, or breed two existing Nebula dragons to create your own part of the lineage. )

2. The dragon mustn't be inbreed

3. The dragon must be given a surname/suffix of "Galaxy"

I'd add a 4th criteria to make sure no dragons end up in the lineage by accident. For example: The dragon has to be declared as part of our lineage using the following form

I want to announce a Galaxy Dragon

Forumname:

Name of the Dragon:

Lineage Link:

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=5]  I want to announce a Galaxy Dragon[/SIZE]

Forumname:
Name of the Dragon:
Lineage Link: [/COLOR]

It would be very helpful the members contribute eggs or hatchlings to this line. But it is optional.

Becoming a Galaxy Dragon Breeder is easy

1. Have at least one official galaxy dragon

2. Fill out the Breeder form [insert breeder form here]

3. Breed your Galaxy Dragon to any nebula of any lineage (excluding inbred).

4. Gift your egg

A person fullfilling someones request by gifting them an egg should be treated with respect. To that end you'll have to follow some rules.

If you receive a Galaxy Dragon

1. People who request eggs or hatchies have 72 hours to respond to the breeder's PM, if they fail to respond they will be put on a greylist for 3 days.

2. Do not kill or leave any eggs/hatchies you receive from this thread to die. [ I'd add a no-trade here ] . If something happens to the gifted egg/hatchies pm the person who gave it to you immediatly so that they know it wasn't done deliberatly.

(Add consequence for not following this rule - either blacklisting or greylisting for x weeks or monthes)

3. If you plan to breed your gifted Galaxy dragons you should gift at least one egg/hatchling back to the thread.

Once you have offered (sucessfully or unsucessfully) at least one egg/hatchie you are free to do as you please with the rest of the offspring. Including freeze, bite, earthquake, AP etc. an egg/hatchie

(Add consequence for not following this rule )

Edited by Laura-Lana

Thank you! I will add them soon.

smile.gif Sounds promising. I've got to vanish for a bit now but I'll be back soon.

Edited by Laura-Lana

I personally don't like the idea of grey lists and black lists - this is supposed to be a fun project, not a do or die scenario. Also, I feel that waiting 72 hours for someone to respond is a ridiculous amount of time to wait (I certainly wouldn't like holding an egg for someone that long.), but hey, I could just be a really impatient person and part of the minority. All in all, however, I like several of the suggested cleaned up rules. It's certainly easier to read with the rules broken down in sections. I especially like the idea of having a form to announce new galaxy dragons happy.gif

Hope you join, Laura-Lana smile.gif

I like some of these changes in the rules from Laura-Lana

Especially the little form to show your nebula officially. Maybe making one about announcing a breeding pair? And add them as a list on the first page for everyone to see?

But I also have to agree with Kigyptnee, waiting 72 hours for a respond... I'm sorry but that would be a no-go for me. I'm founder of another project, where I often have to breed up to 6 eggs for my members (not even counting personal eggs). All members of this project are able to pick up their eggs within 48 hours. It shouldn't be that hard. wink.gif

Otherwise the rule-changes sounds good smile.gif

I personally don't like the idea of grey lists and black lists - this is supposed to be a fun project, not a do or die scenario.

Which is (in a nutshell) the reason why I didn't want to join as long as there was a - you'll be blacklisted if you break any of these rules- attached.

But I also have to agree with Kigyptnee, waiting 72 hours for a respond... I'm sorry but that would be a no-go for me. I'm founder of another project, where I often have to breed up to 6 eggs for my members (not even counting personal eggs). All members of this project are able to pick up their eggs within 48 hours. It shouldn't be that hard. wink.gif

Nothing in the rules so far says how long the breeder has to wait before they can chancel though adding that is probably a good idea. As for the change to 72 hours - Stellaluna had changed the timeframe to 72 hours before I made my suggestion post. Most likely in response of me complaining about the rules being too harsh in the post before, so I guess I am to blame, but for the record, personally I wasn't looking forward to having to wait 72 hours either.

How about this?

Instead of greylisting someone for not picking up an egg we request (not demand) that the breeders wait for a minimum of 24 hours (or 48 hours if 24 is too short) when they offer an egg.

A request is removed when an egg is offered no matter if the other person accepted it or not. If someone fails to pick up an egg and still wants the egg they have to make a new request post in the thread.

I like some of these changes in the rules from Laura-Lana

Especially the little form to show your nebula officially. Maybe making one about announcing a breeding pair? And add them as a list on the first page for everyone to see?

Otherwise the rule-changes sounds good smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif And sounds good to me

All in all, however, I like several of the suggested cleaned up rules. It's certainly easier to read with the rules broken down in sections. I especially like the idea of having a form to announce new galaxy dragons happy.gif

Hope you join, Laura-Lana

Aww! Thanks! And yes I will.

I want to join

Scroll name: Laura-Lana

Do you want an egg from a breeder or do you want to breed two nebulas to get your first egg? I want to breed two nebulas. Actually I have OLD nebulas that already have Galaxy in the name and if it's okay I'd like to add them to the lineage project.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/f7wZQ

http://dragcave.net/lineage/qcjzt

How active are you on Dragon Cave + DC forums? Right now I am very active, but that might change without notice, due to real life tidings. Sorry!

Are you willing to also assist in breeding of the nebula dragons? (COMPLETELY optional!): Absolutely. If someone likes even gens - I can breed even gen nebulas (made up from blue and violett nebulas only) up to gen 5 and if my newest nebula egg fullfills all my hopes I'll even be able to breed up to gen 6.

As for caveborns - I have 4 red, 4 green, 10 blue and 9 violett caveborn nebulas that I am willing to breed with a mate of your choice if it is requested.

( I love nebulas - I've some nebula checker lineages too but in those cases I am still working on creating the necessary mates)

I want to be a breeder!

Scroll name: Laura-Lana

How many magi dragons do you have? Around 20, I think

How active are you on Dragon Cave + DC Forums? Right now I am very active, but that might change without notice, due to real life tidings. Sorry!

Edited by Laura-Lana

Yeah I'll be changing stuff around soon. User feedback is always helpful! ^.^.

Any other suggestions? I'll have to edit my original post later since I'm on my phone and editing stuff is really difficult.

@Laura-Lana

Thank you for all your amazing and very helpful suggestions! Would it be okay if you sent me the coding from your suggestion post? It'd be easier to change my original post around.

And welcome to the Galaxy Lineage c: you can choose the mates, I don't mind.

Edited by Stellaluna22

@flame249

Find a mate for it? xd.png I am more than happy to give you one of my eggs from my nebula pairs. Would you like it?

I want to join/get an egg!

Scroll name:Princess Junila

Do you want an egg from a breeder or do you want to breed two nebulas to get your first egg?hmm 2 eggs. Sorry no room for eggs.

How active are you on Dragon Cave + DC forums? yea. night hrs.

Are you willing to also assist in breeding of the nebula dragons? (COMPLETELY optional!): I might in the future. Unsure of breeding for others right now.

Note: I'm trying to keep you guys updated. happy.gif

Edited by Salya

I have incorporated everyone's suggestions in to the first post! (Plus a special thanks in bold text!) Please give me feedback on the new fixes!

I cannot thank you all enough for the amazing help!

I also had another thought: some lineage threads have thread moderators. Should this thread wait till it is more active to add them?

Yeah I'll be changing stuff around soon. User feedback is always helpful! ^.^.

Any other suggestions? I'll have to edit my original post later since I'm on my phone and editing stuff is really difficult.

@Laura-Lana

Thank you for all your amazing and very helpful suggestions! Would it be okay if you sent me the coding from your suggestion post? It'd be easier to change my original post around.

And welcome to the Galaxy Lineage c: you can choose the mates, I don't mind.

Sure smile.gif Give me a moment and I'll pm it.

I think there should be a seperate form for gifting/donating Galaxy eggs on the thread so it is more obvious to people browsing the thread that there is an egg available (rather than having it grouped up with the reporting/announcing a galaxy dragon form).

Will ponder other rule modifications later...

Edited by Kigyptnee

I want to join/get an egg!

Scroll name:Princess Junila

Do you want an egg from a breeder or do you want to breed two nebulas to get your first egg?hmm 2 eggs. Sorry no room for eggs. Can I get two babies or dragons? owo

How active are you on Dragon Cave + DC forums? yea. night hrs.

Are you willing to also assist in breeding of the nebula dragons? (COMPLETELY optional!): I might in the future. Unsure of breeding for others right now.

No one can gift grown dragons, sorry. You can ask for hatchlings though.

LOL! I just went to my list of nebulas and saw that I have yet another nebula where I put Galaxy in the name already. This one is from Januar 2011

I want to announce a Galaxy Dragon

Forum Name: Laura-Lana

Name of the Dragon: Wrong Galaxy

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/70db

Edited by Laura-Lana

No one can gift grown dragons, sorry. You can ask for hatchlings though.

Gomen.. er Sorry. I'm watching subbed animes. xd.png but I'm sorry, didn't know that I couldn't ask for full aged dragons. but I can understand that now. xd.png I updated my post and edited it some. owo

And thanks for the male baby. heh now I need a female baby for him. lol

Edited by Salya

@Salya

I'll send you a teleport link later with one of my eggs (it will hatch in just a few hours so it'll be a hatchling).

@All

I believe I still have a few things to add to the first post, and Laura-Lana's helpful PM will assist in editing the first post tongue.gif

I want to announce a breeding pair!

Dragon names: Oa Galaxy & Via Lactea Galaxy

Children: "Wisdom, faith, and patience come from the stars of our universe..."

Have any of their eggs been gifted? Not yet... I will probably offer the baby above on the thread later when I have a chance to set up a teleport. Feel free to PM me, though, if you want first dibs for the little one or put on a breeding list for a future sibling. smile.gif

The bloodline of Zeus and Hera lives on! Woo biggrin.gif

Woo hoo! Congratulations!!

I have used fertility on Zeus Galaxy, so hopefully they produce another egg smile.gif

Cute how Via Lactea takes after her mother, Hera. Both beautiful reds!

(I seem to have more luck getting red and greens than blue and purples...)

Edited by Stellaluna22

@Salya

I'll send you a teleport link later with one of my eggs (it will hatch in just a few hours so it'll be a hatchling).

Alright. happy.gif