Naraku

Splatoon

Splatoon is a third-person shooter with an interesting twist. The players shoot ink at opponents and surfaces. Players can "swim" through their own ink color on surfaces. The goal for multiplayer is to cover the area with team's color as much as possible; for single player, the player infiltrates an enemy octopus army that uses its own arsenal of ink weapons. Splatoon is now released.

Here are some videos of Splatoon trailers/gameplays.

(minor jump scare warning)

What are your thoughts on this game?

Edited by JolteonTails

Bump... Any interest? I just played the Splatoon Testfire demo, and it was so fun! Have anyone played the demo as well?

If anyone's interested and has Wii U, here's the schedule of the Testfire demo (don't forget to download it first):

5/08 8pm-9pm PT

5/09 4am-5am PT

5/09 12pm-1pm PT

5/23 3-4pm PT

The event is now over.

Edited by JolteonTails

I'm not the biggest fan of shooter games nor do I have a Wii U, but it sounds pretty interesting.

EDIT: Should've watched some of the gameplay first before typing this. It actually looks like A LOT of fun. The squids are adorable.

I want.

Edited by DragonClawz

OH MY GOSH I have been watching Splatoon gameplay for, like, hours! I need that game!

I'm not the biggest fan of shooter games nor do I have a Wii U, but it sounds pretty interesting.

I'm also not a big fan of shooters, but Splatoon just stole my heart. Gorgeous color, unique gameplay, and runs 60fps. Not necessarily just a shooting game, but there is a melee weapon, and the name is Splat Roller. It's a lot of fun to use, really! People say it's overpowered, but I don't think so. Here is

about Splat Roller if anyone is curious.

Me and my brothers and my SO are all really excited for it, it looks like it's gonna be really really fun c:

I'm excited for it as well! I played on every Splatoon Global Testfire's time schedules (even woke up on 6:30am for it), and watched two 1-hour Splatoon Testfire videos. biggrin.gif

May 29 plz come already

Edited by JolteonTails

I remember seeing the reveal during E3 and thought it looked pretty awesome. If I had money, I'd buy it when it comes out. Alas, I am a poor, unemployed student.

Not the biggest fan of shooters here, either, but I want this game. I only like shooters that aren't trying to be super realistic. Team Fortress 2 is probably as realistic as I'm willing to get. :I

I just wish there were more tentacle styles or something, because the only thing separating your character before you can buy gear is skin tone and eye color.

Would be nice to have different 'hair' options yes, but I think the developers want to have the tentacle numbers to match the real squid's tentacles, as shown below. It probably would be difficult to try make new 'hair' style for Inklings, but who knows, maybe the developers will add more styles in the future.

user posted image

OMG IT'S TODAY *shivers with excitement*

Edited by MrSpyro

It's starting in a few minutes. My screen name is Konzpiraky, maybe I'll see some of you there.

Edit: I wasn't able to connect for over 40 minutes so I just gave up. Oh well, just 6 more days until Splatoon comes out.

Edited by JolteonTails

They should just rename it squid jump, because that's pretty much what I was doing for 57 minutes of the testfire. I wish I'd heard about the game when the first three were going on.

EDIT: They extended the testfire to two hours. It wasn't a disappointment after all.

Edited by MrSpyro

Ahh, I never knew the testfire was extended to two hours. I thought the connectivity issue was my own fault so I just left and turned Wii U off. Bummer.

At least Splatoon is coming out this week. I pre-ordered the Splatoon amiibo package, hopefully it will be ready for pick up on Friday.

My brother and I are just going to pre-download it the day before it comes out.

Why isn't this thread getting enough attention T^T It's an amazing game.

Splatfest will take place on June 20th, ending on June 21th.

here (don't worry, it's actually a good trailer unlike 'kid squid' one).

Postponed, new dates unknown.

Edited by JolteonTails

Why isn't this thread getting enough attention T^T It's an amazing game.

I know. T^T I don't even own the game, nor the console it's on, but I think it's just so awesome. It's very addicting to watch, too. And the soundtrack is just... please help. I'm addicted. This thread needs more attention.

Also, I need to steal those GIF's in your signature. They're so entertaining to watch.

I'll give this thread some gosh darn attention, I got into it 5 days and all I do is eat, sleep and breathe Splatoon, oh my LORD. I don't have it myself but my friend has kindly welcomed me into her home just to waste my life shooting paint in people's faces.

I may already have a silly splatoon hat with tentacles in the works... Issues of being a cosplayer. blink.gif

What's everyone's arsenal of choice, then? biggrin.gif Admittedly I'm still a big roller fan...

Splatoon hat? I'd like to see it when it's finished. biggrin.gif

I use Aerospray RG. I love trolling people by placing ink mines around choke points, or when I'm about to get splatted. Inkstrike is very useful for plenty of reasons, such as quick points and Ranked Battle. So yeah, people say it's overpowered. tongue.gif

Ahhh, most definitely! It's a lot of wasted fabric right now... I keep completely overshooting how big/small I make those tentacles. Might have to buy a few hats and inspect the magical prowess of other people more talented than I. ohmy.gif

I hear there's a new map coming up soon, which is nice... feel like I've already bled all the current maps dry. tongue.gif Right now I'm googling some nice cheap Wii U's because my obsession with owning it for myself is borderlining psychotic.

Also the gifs in your siggie are amazing. I keep seeing you around the forum and just pausing to watch them. laugh.gif

Oh my, I hope you'll get the tentacles right next time. Wasted fabrics are definitely no fun.

Yup, Bluefin Depot! Not my best stage though. Darn 'em rollers and snipers. I recommend checking out local game stores for cheap used Wii U, if available.

I fell in love with the animations when I first saw the Japanese Splatfest trailer. That is why they're in my signature. happy.gif

I accidentally won an Ebay bid on a really cheap Wii U. £99. HHHHHHHH.

So good news is I can stop mooching off my friend! I'll be buying Splatoon tomorrow and then for the next few weeks, my family will never see me again.

I had a go on Bluefin and I gotta admit, I wasn't that great at it either. Waaaaay too much water to fall into. @_@

Why can't these blasted squids swim! *shakes fist at sky* laugh.gif