Jazeki

So Your Dragons Refuse To Go Near Each Other

Bred three new pairs today, got one refusal.

Date of Refusal: May 20

Time of Refusal: 1:20 AM PST

Pairing That Refused: Stone of Zeth x Destructive Spit

Dragon Breeds: Avatar of Destruction x Spitfire

Extra Info: Hopefully it won't take me long to rebreed another AoD - still pretty annoying.

Updated to Predatorfan4ever's post.

And to add to the old/new refusal conversation, many of my older dragons refuse at the same rate as new ones because I happen to breed them at odd times (like when testing holiday pairings for people)

trezz informed me the two Silver Tinsels given to her have refused

each other.

So, are we all having fun yet?

Bred three more new pairs, 1 refusal.

Date of Refusal: May 22

Time of Refusal: 11:30 AM PST

Pairing That Refused: Cupreous Trigger x Shameful Smauga

Dragon Breeds: Male Silver x Female Green Copper

Extra Info: Silver was an AP grab and it took me four months to breed him a mate! Hopefully the second Green Copper doesn't take as long. dry.gif

First new pair of the day!

Date of Refusal: May 25

Time of Refusal: 9:30 PM PST

Pairing That Refused: Ahcme x Velanni

Dragon Breeds: Male Almandine x Rosebud

Extra Info: That was my only CB Male Almandine so it kinda ruined my attempt at building a trade offer for something. Bummer.

[edit: A huge thank you to Jazeki for surprise gifting me a 2G Almandine from the same pairing! Didn't expect that! wub.gif]

Edited by Terces

Since I started to write down the results of breeding new pairs, I had 9 refusals in 84 breedings.

I don't think breeds have an effect on the probability of refusals, it's probably the same for all first breeding attempts.

(This one was the only irreplaceable, with two Prizekins. I only had the heart to breed them because I convinced myself I had paid my "refusal debt" for today with the refusal of two Shimmers I got two minutes before... Of course I know it doesn't work like that. rolleyes.gif )

I have two female CB blue gemshards and two CB male silvers. The first pair refused each other.

So did the second pair. rolleyes.gif

Guess I will be switching mates, next week.

May 29, 2015, 03:30 pm Radiant Phoenix (Radiant Angel) http://dragcave.net/lineage/yL9FH Refused 3rd gen Bronze Shimmer Rekhmet http://dragcave.net/lineage/vLhks

I'd been earlier gifted another lovely using an RA (which did not Refuse my other RA,) so can try switching mates next week, but one more Refusal on either side and I'll have to alternate or something.

This little beauty was designed for alternating mates, so I suppose I could do rotating Holidays with Whites, but the pattern as planned would be so beautiful! And I really don't want to waste half the breeding opportunities on either, never mind both, of these gorgeous and deeply valued gifts.

This is such a stupid waste, and I find I'm really not that much into breeding even established pairs anymore - the whole fun of breeding just seems polluted with negative emotions...

And I have a number of lineages I should be working on, where I can at least keep breeding new mates for repeated Refusals, where necessary, but it's just no fun anymore.

One yesterday, five six seven eight nine today

tinsel x rosebud

2- albino x waverunner

brute x black tea

3- harvest x anagalis

split x split

howler x spotted drake

white/holly x speckle/holly sad.gif

Edited by Tawanda001

Been working on a Red x Red lineage and got 3 refusals out of maybe 9 breedings (so far). That seems like a LOT for a common species. Are refusal ratios up? I don't mind the rebreeds as I can use the extra Reds for Incubates, but it *is* taking the speed out of my project dry.gif.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

New breeds have been added to the front page. I will be updating the totals sometime this evening.

Three more refusals (out of 7 breedings): black x black, lumina x lumina, and olive x olive.

Edit: almost forgot - Royal Blue x Royal Blue and Pillow x Pillow last week.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Two CB Waterhorses:

Bred Aquafinity with Cave Striker. Jun 03, 2015, 02:52 pm Resulted in a refusal.

Three other first time Waterhorse pairs successfully bred.

Edited by dragongrrl

It has taken me almost 11 months to finally get a 3rd EG royal blue from a frostbite x royal blue checker. He was all ready for a mate when the last release happened, so I bred one for him and she grew up this evening. Not that it mattered, as they decided they weren't all that crazy about each other. This one hurts more than most, because I have so much invested in it. sad.gif

Edited by blackdragon71

This girl refused her first mate http://dragcave.net/lineage/JRwAL So I switched pairs and the next week, she refused a second mate

I rebred parents and got this girl http://dragcave.net/lineage/T2TbQ

Guess what. Really, it does get old. This time I rebred the parents of the un-mated male and will try that. If there is another refusal i will no doubt have a fit.

Edited by ainisarie

Avatars of Change - vWRwb/breed/FijZ4 just five minutes ago.

The dragons refuse to even go near each other.

Just had a Silver refuse an Almandine.

Just had two Hooktalon refuse a couple minutes ago.

Their names, you ask? Sasuke Sangre and Sakura Sangre. Come on Sasuke, don't be that way!