Jazeki

So Your Dragons Refuse To Go Near Each Other

During the Ides of March breeding, I bred 21 pairs of brutes (more than half of which were pairs I hadn't tried yet, although some I'd tried before) and got 4 refusals. Most were probably to holiday partners.

That's my most recent breeding spate. I have some other refusals that were annoying enough to remember, but for stats purposes, I'll stick to recent ones.

I've update the first post with basic breed refusal stats up to Sock's post. As noted before, I may go into more detail (but that is when I definitely have time).

I feel like most of this years refusals for me are from Holiday pairings. Maybe because those are the pairings that I especially don't want to reject each other? tongue.gif

My two most recent refusals were this Black x Sweetling pair, and a Flamingo x Yulebuck pair. (The breeder of the Black was kind enough to send me a replacement, and I might be able to replace the Flamingo as well.)

Sorry for the double post, but I don't want to clutter my data gathering post and just saw this.

Two holidays paired together will ALWAYS refuse one another outside of their holidays.

These were two separate breedings: Solstice was mated to a CB Lumina and I thought a Carmine Wyvern could look pretty with my Mistletoe.

The frustrating thing is, I bred that Solstice to an already mated CB White to help a user and they gave me no problem - they even gave me a second egg when I accidentally clicked the wrong mate. The girl is a real cheater. dry.gif

Edited by Lizzyluna

Just test-bred all the CB Brutes I have for my lineage project.

Out of 122 pairs, 12 of them refused. So right now my Brutes are running at a 10% refusal rate. But all I need to do is round-robin the ones that refused and they'll hopefully all be happily mated next week. smile.gif

Date of Refusal:March 23, 2015

Time of Refusal:4:36 PM cave time

Pairing That Refused:Sloth Personified x Emotional Boredom

Dragon Breeds: bronze tinsel x sunset

Extra Info: first time trying the sunset as a mate

Time of Refusal:5:49 PM cave time

Pairing That Refused:But Jamesiekinnnsss x Who is Jamesie

Dragon Breeds: spotted greenwing x swallowtail

Time of Refusal:10:37 PM cave time

Pairing That Refused:Beta Bessera Thuwed x BrightIce Dreamer 3E

Dragon Breeds: ice x sunset

Extra Info: have very few 3rd gens to try breeding my Thuweds with, so will have to pick up another 3rd gen at some point.

Will update the first post with today's various posts sometime tomorrow.

Edited by Jazeki

Date of Refusal: March 16, 2015

Time of Refusal: I don't remember

Pairing That Refused: Matching Refusal (Royal Blue) x Dark Chocolate Heaven (Heartseeker)

Dragon Breeds: Royal Blue x Heartseeker

Extra Info: This is why I don't take holiday mates off my wishlist until they succeed outside of season. On the plus side, this wasn't the 3rd gen gold or thunder checkers I was gifted (as different holiday mates). I would have been heartbroken. I've been fairly lucky with holiday mates thus far otherwise.

Date of Refusal: Refused Mar 17, 2015

Time of Refusal: 12:35 pm

Pairing That Refused: Valen (Black) x Lizzy Basilisk (Frill)

Dragon Breeds: Black x Frill

Extra Info: This was breeding for gifting, so not as personally upsetting for me, and I did get eggs out of the other three pairs I bred. (Oddly enough, CB blacks are my limiting factor for this! I need to get more of them, clearly. xd.png )

Edited by SolarCat

I started to keep a log of all my breeding actions since Feb 16, 2015. Refusals before that date are incomplete.

My breeding rates from Feb 16 to Mar 16 are:

39 succesful breedings (28 new)

6 refusals

7 no-eggs (5 new)

6 not interested (4 new)

Date of Refusal: Aug 28, 2014

Time of Refusal: n/a

Pairing That Refused: Nebula Boviinta II x Black Hornmal II

Dragon Breeds: Blue Nebula x Black

Date of Refusal: Sep 09, 2014

Pairing That Refused: Turpentine x Turpentine

Dragon Breeds: Turpentine x Turpentine

Date of Refusal: Jan 02, 2015

Pairing That Refused: Autumn x Autumn

Dragon Breeds: Autumn x Autumn

Extra Info: Will have to wait nearly a year for another Autumn to replace one of them.

Date of Refusal: Jan 24, 2015

Pairing That Refused: Solstice Zerciym II x Avartar of Creation

Dragon Breeds: Solstice x Avartar of Creation

Date of Refusal: Feb 07, 2015

Pairing That Refused: Blusang Holnarac I x Speckle Obhelikanska I

Dragon Breeds: Blusang x Speckle-Throated

Extra Info: The same Blusang refused another Speckle-Throated.

Date of Refusal: forgotten, somewhere February

Pairing That Refused: Ridgewing Benxilowa I x Speckle Embraltiuiri I

Dragon Breeds: Tan Ridgewing x Speckle-Throated

Extra Info: The same Ridgewing refused another Speckle-Throated.

Date of Refusal: Feb 17, 2015

Pairing That Refused: Ridgewing Benxilowa I x Speckle Caexgixi I

Dragon Breeds: Tan Ridgewing x Speckle-Throated

Date of Refusal: Feb 22, 2015

Pairing That Refused: Autumn Harragos I x Summer Calnualae I

Dragon Breeds: Autumn x Summer

Date of Refusal: Feb 24, 2015

Pairing That Refused: Spring Klagthal I x Winter Wiqirteshk I

Dragon Breeds: Spring x Winter

Date of Refusal: Feb 24, 2015

Pairing That Refused: Blusang Holnarac I x Speckle Embraltiuiri I

Dragon Breeds: Blusang x Speckle-Throated

Extra Info: This Speckle-Throated refused a Ridgewing that refused another Speckle-Throated.

Date of Refusal: Mar 11, 2015

Pairing That Refused: Winter x Winter

Dragon Breeds: Winter x Winter

Date of Refusal: Mar 11, 2015

Pairing That Refused: Silver Ragthardace I x Ice Zaneun I

Dragon Breeds: Silver x Ice

Edited by ishlia

Date of Refusal: 3/22/2012

Time of Refusal: Sometime late at night - past 10pm EST

Pairing That Refused:Female x Male

Dragon Breeds: Horse

Extra Info: There was a time when I was having a streak of bad luck getting certain genders with influence. The two above were (as their names indicate) me finally getting ahold of a CB Horse egg that went male, and a CB horse egg that went female off the AP.

Needless to say, when the pair refused last night when I tried to breed an egg - I was kind of annoyed (but amused so, it's really not a big deal)

Edited by ShorahNagi

Time of Refusal:Just now (8pm ish where i live)

Pairing That Refused: http://dragcave.net/lineage/5WjG3 x http://dragcave.net/lineage/nTMdN

Dragon Breeds: Black Tea x Golden Wyvern

Extra Info: The GW just grew up; I've been working on this lineage for a year and a half now and have been trying since last may to get her...finally got a GW egg and she refuses her mate.

It's a lineage for my doctor who project, so I own all the dragons in it and can at least replace one of them. My biggest problem has been trying to get a GW out of any of the GWxBlack tea pairings, they tend to only produce teas so I'm going to replace the father in this pair and hopefully have better luck.

Edited by Nyka

Date of Refusal: March 23

Time of Refusal: 9:15 PM - PST

Pairing That Refused: Clever Rhome x Rhome Cold Ice

Dragon Breeds: Ice x Black

Extra Info: The mother was an AP catch, so I'll have to rebreed another Ice.

Right after posting this I breed another new pair and they also refuse. :/

Date of Refusal: March 23

Time of Refusal: 9:27 PM - PST

Pairing That Refused: Elder Revolution x Gefkvyrhel Veda

Dragon Breeds: Copper x Flamingo

Extra Info: The mother was also an AP catch, I'll probably try for a Copper from one of my 'Cave' Flamingos so I can get a matching Brown this time.

Edited by Terces

During all my time in dc I've had 3 refusalfs... (I don't breed much, eh? tongue.gif ) I haven't counted the misbreds with holidays out of season (happened to me when I was new to the site). Usually I tend to keep their pairs, so when I find a pair that works (breeds eggs and the lineage is pretty) I don't change partners. My GoNs and cb silver are exceptions but only 1 refusal among all their breedings is good in my opinion.

But I have noticed here in forums that refusals seems to have gotten more common. Or people are more open to talk about it. I don't really mind refusals, as it gives challenges to the game. However as some one said they had 14% refusal rate.. that's too much.

My refusals: (I have no idea about the dates, first one happened in 2011, second one in 2013 and the third in 2014, I bred the pairs as soon as both were adults)

cb nebula, purple x cb nebula, blue

2nd gen gw x 2nd gen gw

female GoN x cb bluesang

Edited by sroo

this is pointless if you don't keep track of both successes and refusals, just a list of failures does not prove that refusals are on the rise

this is pointless if you don't keep track of both successes and refusals, just a list of failures does not prove that refusals are on the rise

Some people have added the number of their successes with their refusals. I haven't bred any new pairs since my refusals, so I've had no successes to add. The increased rate of refusals on my scroll has stopped me from breeding. Maybe that's the reasoning behind it, but it sure sucks the fun out of the game for me.

Edited by Sir Barton

The point of this thread is to gather data on refusals, not success rates. It's also not necessarily meant to prove or disprove anything. If people want to record their own success rates and refusal rates in their posts and then use that as evidence to support their claims that refusal rates have changed and something needs to be done about it, then they are welcome to it.

This thread was mostly made to stop users from posting "X dragon refused Y dragon" in the refuse to have refusals thread.

Also, the first post has been updated up to sroo's refusal information.

Edited by Jazeki

The point of this thread is to gather data on refusals, not success rates. It's also not necessarily meant to prove or disprove anything. If people want to record their own success rates and refusal rates in their posts and then use that as evidence to support their claims that refusal rates have changed and something needs to be done about it, then they are welcome to it.

ok sorry

from what I read I thought this thread was made to gather data to prove refusals are on the rise, which you cant do with incomplete data (keeping track of only refusals and not successes as well)

3/23 & 24

bred 10 new pairings (commons) with zero refusals

Updated my data post with the follow, rather depressing results:

March 24: 27% refused, 0.09% little interest, 63.6% success

20% refusal has so far been my lowest refusal rate. I know that with small numbers, data can be highly skewed, but so far out of 29 new pairings, my refusal rate has been 27.5%. That is over a quarter of new pairings refusing, some of which are going to be incredibly difficult to replace.

My goal is to get at least 100 pairings to see what the overall refusal rate is for that number, though I will keep going until something is done.

Edited by harlequinraven

Updated for my most recent pairs: 66% refused and 33% successful, putting me at a total of 40% refusal rate for new mates.

Also, for some reason, you have gold tinsel in the common/uncommon list.

Edited by harlequinraven

Moved the gold tinsel to its appropriate area and I will be updating tomorrow sometime.