Stromboli

Earth Day Breeding Event!

I shall breed my Terrae, my Earths, and possibly some vines. I'm mostly keeping my 2G PB vines to myself since I still need alts.

I'll be interested in joining! Hopefully I'll have time! It falls on a Wednesday, and I have a practice on that one specific day...but, it shouldn't completely inhibit me!

What about Neotropicals? They're very jungle-y and green...

Edited by arya10

One leetle banner. More coming. Been having technical issues.

user posted image

[IMG=http://i62.tinypic.com/29oiqsg.gif]

Planning on making some smaller ones with hatchlings, but every time I try to save images from the wiki it saves it in a web format... tryna work that out.

PS, yes, Undines are in. smile.gif

Edited by Stromboli

/looks at my horde of Undines and Vines

Count me in smile.gif And if we're going with natural imagery, what about Stone Dragons?

I was thinking something along the lines of each of us choosing an endagered species, for example; I'll choose the Iberian Lynx.

Then choose a breed to represent the animal, for example;

Olives (because Iberian lynxs live in mediterranean forest).

Then name them something like;

Iberian Lynx (male)

300 left in the world (female)

And breed, the resulting egg going to the AP.

Could be an interesting initiative.

[....]

Mass breeding for the sake of it doesn't seem, IMO, like the message we should be bringing along precisely on the earth awareness day.

^^ This ^^

Doing something more with it than just a mass breed makes more sense to me.

Can I get a reminder please? biggrin.gif

I'll breed some of my dragons for this! biggrin.gif

(Although mostly I'm looking forward to catching terrae dragons. smile.gif )

Edited by AppleMango

So will this be ON Earth Day, or to be bred to FALL on Earth Day?

If I remember, it's likely I'll be involved! Mass breeding can be fun or horrible, but I'll just take part anyway.

I would say "aren't green Gemshards earthy?" But Gemshards are both multicoloured and relatively new, not always green like they would preferably be for earth day.

I was thinking something along the lines of each of us choosing an endagered species, for example; I'll choose the Iberian Lynx.

Then choose a breed to represent the animal, for example;

Olives (because Iberian lynxs live in mediterranean forest).

Then name them something like;

Iberian Lynx (male)

300 left in the world (female)

And breed, the resulting egg going to the AP.

Could be an interesting initiative.

It's just a suggestion to make this event truly significant, instead of a mass breed event. After all, precisely our mass population is the main cause of the decline of the ecosystems. It's not so much that we're hunting tuna fish to feed, but the scale at which we're hunting tuna fish.

Same goes for livestock. Livestock production is one of the main reasons forests and jungles all over the world are declining. That's what it takes to feed 7000+ million people (I think in USA you go by billions or something, forgive me as I'm european).

Mass breeding for the sake of it doesn't seem, IMO, like the message we should be bringing along precisely on the earth awareness day.

I like this suggestion very much. Unfortunately most of my dragons are named allready, I'll see if I can rename some. But I'll definetively do something like this.

Edited by Varnayrah

I'm currently collecting more caveborn greens, vines, undines and terraes to breed for the event. I'll think about doing the endangered species thing.. probably just for one pairing. My plan is to breed as many purebred 2nd gens as I can.. leftovers will be bred with metals, and if I still have leftovers (which is very possible) I'll pair them with stones.

Anyone up for 3rd Gen EG PB Undine eggs from my scroll? Or nice Vine eggs? I'm in.

I LOVE this idea!!! It's a great way to promote environmentally friendly ideals and have fun with our dragons!

Added Bonus: Also, it's great for anyone who's part of the Going Green Project biggrin.gif

I'm definitely in!

So will this be ON Earth Day, or to be bred to FALL on Earth Day?

The breeding itself will happen on Earth Day (So all the eggs will have a "Laid On" date of the 22nd), and then they'll hit the AP a few days later (depending on what the 'time' of the AP is) where people can catch them. :)

Nice idea! :3

Count me in too - I've got a lot of Undines to breed for the event smile.gif I'll probably collect more CB Terraes, Vines and Greens in the meantime.

I want a reminder, and while I don't want to go much past the 3-4 breed for the Event, I think a lot of events seem to be focusing on "normal" dragons and don't seem to remember the Drakes, Two Headed, and Pygmies:

I was thinking that maybe there could be an "honorary" breed or lineage type of 1 per these type like:

Drakes: I know a lot of them live in "trees" but I notice Howlers really are focused on very "earthy" elements, are the color of "earth" and often dig and burrow thru earth to find their fave foods: mushrooms, tubers, etc. Besides, I like that they are "aggressive" to those who get in their way by making large scary noises... we should send them out to attack the mean people who abuse the planet (maybe they could team up with their "normal" enemies Neos for this one day alone to take down the mean poachers like a pack of rabid lemurs!!)

Two Heads: I would go for the Green Opals. Not the most amazing Earthy reason other than this breed is Green, and they also bury themselves deep within caves (which is deep within the Earth/stone)

Pygmies: Maybe Dark Myst since they are focused in bogs and swamps and this isn't an earthy place often highlighted, but I think a better idea might be any pygmy x pumpkin lineage, be it checker or other pattern. This would give people a good reason to breed their pretty pygmy x pumpkin lines since ... we can't get pumpkin eggs this time of year, as they are perhaps they other most "earthy" pygmy, but I think having a bunch of pygmy x pumpkin patterned lines would really thrill many breeders and collectors.

Again, I would not make these the "primary" breed, but like secondary honorary ones to give people with some more patterned lineages who might want to toss out a bit more other than just a Cave of Green to throw out some color for the Earth Day. And some Earth Love for All Dragons!

Edited by natayah

Oooh, yes yes yes smile.gif Count me in.

I'll do a Terrae x Undine checkerboard.

I'll take the Saola as an endangered species — the "unicorn" of Vietnam.

Edited by Xocowolf

Count me in! I love mass breeding and this is a fun little way to show some Earthly love. biggrin.gif

Could have sworn I asked to be signed up to this ages ago! Well, please sign me up! Especially to the reminder and the final list of qualifying earthy dragons. biggrin.gif

It'll give me a big boost to my various green-coloured dragons, and may even inspire me to another impromptu verse - it's alright, no need to run and hide, no Shakespeare this time.

rofl alot.pngwacko.gif