Stromboli

Earth Day Breeding Event!

Ooh, yay! I'll be watching out for those Terraes. If anyone drops a 2g Terrae x Royal blue I will be very happy indeed. biggrin.gif I'm trying to do a Checker, but haven't got very far yet.

Anyway, I'll be breeding my Terraes and Green. xd.png

Heh. heh heh. Heh. It's funny, I have huge lineages involving all three of those breeds. >:}

So, I'm In!

I kind of agree with Iside - I'd like to see more newer breeds being used for these events too. But nothing's stopping us from breeding them on Earth Day unofficially anyway! For me it's pretty much going to be a breed-all-things-green-and-earthy-day anyway I think. (I'd consider stones, undines, and tangars on par or even more 'earthy' then say, vine dragons. Since vines actually kill plants around themselves)

Edited by s0r0k4

I think Stones should be added to the official Earthy list.

If you could send me a reminder, I'd be in^^

And I definetively thing Guardinas of Nature should be involved. If that has not been suggested before...

If you could send me a reminder, I'd be in^^

And I definetively thing Guardinas of Nature should be involved. If that has not been suggested before...

Only if bred to those dragons that make Avatars of Creation. I don't think Change quite fits, and Destruction most certainly doesn't. Actually, destruction is what Earth Day is fighting AGAINST. xd.png

Ok, that's true. It only struck me if there is a dragon that explicitly guardes nature...

But it seems Terrae do make Avatars of Creation as do Greens.

Only if bred to those dragons that make Avatars of Creation. I don't think Change quite fits, and Destruction most certainly doesn't. Actually, destruction is what Earth Day is fighting AGAINST. xd.png

Oh I disagree - change is evolution - which is what the Earth has ALWAYS been about - changing for the better/stronger etc.

Sorry to be a nuisance but this does directly affect me. The go green project already featured terraes, so their population is not what I'd call caveblockers. I actively hunt for terraes and, as of late, I've been having problems finding them on the cave. I've spent the last three hours trying to hunt and no such luck.

I suggest we should rather focus on breeds which are actually caveblockers. They don't neccesarily have to be green. I know ecology is portrayed with the green color, but ecosystems are way more varied than forests, and wildlife is way more than green. Maybe we should do something more significant, I don't know, maybe choose a pair of dragons (fromt he same specie) to represent one of the endangered animal and plant species now listed, and breed them to raise awareness to the situation of our wildlife. I think that'd be more effective a message than simply mass breeding green colored dragons.

I have only one suggestion... One of the things I liked of the brutes massbreeding is that brutes are a new bred. When you breed brutes with something else, even if ultracommon but older, you usually only get brute eggs. So I hoped that a mass breeding of them could help balance their number and so making it more likely to get non brute eggs out of them in the future.

For this reason I'd love if at least one the the earthly choose bred was a newer dragon. I don't know... undines maybe? They protect water streams after all.

This, so much. How about adding olives and fevers? I think I'll breed some of those that day.

Anyway, I'll join and breed plenty of vines and greens, any maybe I'll breed all my pb geodes as well.

Heyo. I'm talking to Aleoleo about breed choices. We'll take the suggestions under consideration.

*Looks to her army of Terrae Dragons*

I'm in ~

I've a handful of Vines and Green/Earth dragons as well.

Perhaps though to add in a more uncommon Breed - Seasonals (after all the Spring, Summer, and Fall Seasonal Dragons are all very 'earthy' and plant-like in my opinion)

*Looks to her army of Terrae Dragons*

I'm in ~

I've a handful of Vines and Green/Earth dragons as well.

Perhaps though to add in a more uncommon Breed - Seasonals (after all the Spring, Summer, and Fall Seasonal Dragons are all very 'earthy' and plant-like in my opinion)

We're doing Seasonals for the Easter breeding event. They can probably do with a rest after that.

This could be a good excuse to breed my huge pile of AP-nabbed PB alt-fail Vines (and maybe Undines, too). Colour me interested. smile.gif

Oh man I just had the perfect idea for the dragon to breed.

Canopies! They are most definitely caveblockers, and they directly refer to the top portion of a tree. Also, their eggs are hidden by leaves. They're green, and breeding them with other dragons mostly gives canopies.

I know this for a fact because I spent an entire season trying to get a seasonal out of one and failed. dry.gif and now I gotta wait until autumn again.

Another option would be Imperial Fleshcrownes, because like was already mentioned, their eggs say 'hidden in the trees'

I do like the idea of representing endangered species but unfortunately there are just so many. :/

Edited by zaverxi

I do like the idea of representing endangered species but unfortunately there are just so many. :/

I was thinking something along the lines of each of us choosing an endagered species, for example; I'll choose the Iberian Lynx.

Then choose a breed to represent the animal, for example;

Olives (because Iberian lynxs live in mediterranean forest).

Then name them something like;

Iberian Lynx (male)

300 left in the world (female)

And breed, the resulting egg going to the AP.

Could be an interesting initiative.

It's just a suggestion to make this event truly significant, instead of a mass breed event. After all, precisely our mass population is the main cause of the decline of the ecosystems. It's not so much that we're hunting tuna fish to feed, but the scale at which we're hunting tuna fish.

Same goes for livestock. Livestock production is one of the main reasons forests and jungles all over the world are declining. That's what it takes to feed 7000+ million people (I think in USA you go by billions or something, forgive me as I'm european).

Mass breeding for the sake of it doesn't seem, IMO, like the message we should be bringing along precisely on the earth awareness day.

A'ight. Aleoleo and I have talked about the breeds involved, and here are our thoughts:

Terrae: We plan on keeping them in the event, both for the aesthetic purpose of their being a lovely green dragon and because they're described as preserving the forests where they live. Plus their name means "earth." They seemed the most logical choice for this event of any.

Vine: Still under consideration. Basically trying to decide if the aesthetic of their nice dark green color and pretty (albeit deadly) vines and flowers outweighs the fact that they do create clearings for themselves by forcing out the plant life around them.

Undine: We're not opposed to adding them for their description of protecting water and water spirits.

Stone: The most literally earthy dragons we have, but not really fitting into the scheme of the green living earth we're going for in this event. Of course, if you want to breed them with event breeds, they do look really well with Terrae and Pebbles in my opinion.

Olive/Fever/Canopy etc.: Lovely shades of green, all, but we're looking to keep this event to three or four breeds total. Right now we're not planning on adding these.

As for the endangered species naming scheme, I like the idea but I don't want to make it a requirement to participate.

I don't think, people will be very keen to grab those.

Vines and stones are very old sprites and complexity and aesthetics of new ones is on whole new level since the time of their glory (I am sorry, I just feel like that) the same are terraes for me, though they are not "that old."

So only ones, which could be described as desirable, are undines. The rest will, in my opinion, only stuck the AP with tons of junk eggs.

Nice idea of "green earth day" breeding, but I don't think it'll be welcomed by the player base.

I don't think, people will be very keen to grab those.

Vines and stones are very old sprites and complexity and aesthetics of new ones is on whole new level since the time of their glory (I am sorry, I just feel like that) the same are terraes for me, though they are not "that old."

So only ones, which could be described as desirable, are undines. The rest will, in my opinion, only stuck the AP with tons of junk eggs.

Nice idea of "green earth day" breeding, but I don't think it'll be welcomed by the player base.

Actually, almost all the breeds suggested (Vines, Undines, Stones) have the ability to produce alts or hybrids (assuming Stones are PB or bred to Greens), all of which are good enough reason to pick 'em up from the AP - people love playing the alt lottery. And personally, I *love* collecting PB alt-fail Vine (and Black and Undine!) hatchies from the AP - I have loads of them. And Terrae seem popular enough too that I think they'll be picked up, especially with the Earth Day connection; DNH is right, they really don't seem to have blocker status these days.

Whomever mentioned that Terraes are somewhat scarce is partially right. I see lots in the biomes, but they are very rare in the AP. I've been trying to catch a few more Terrae but not having a lot of luck. Vines and Greens I have TONS of, lol.

Maybe Nebulas could be in this too since they're kind of the stars and skies. Earth day often encourages people to keep the skies clean and free of smog, so maybe nebbies could get a little love too!

I have a LOT of nebulas since I have my nebula lineage, so yeah.

Edited by Stellaluna22

I plan on participating smile.gif If you don't mind, please send me a reminder. Thanks

I'll just bred my CB vines, terrae and earth/green dragons (as I have a lot of messy vines that I don't think we would want me to breed smile.gif )

Edited by rubyshoes

I don't seem to have said so earlier, but I'd like to be reminded when it's time to breed, please! c: