shadowfighter

Easter~ Mass Breeding

I will participate. I'll only be breeding CBs and 2nd gens of each breed to cut down on the amount of things going to the AP (from me at least). I also think that the three breeds that you have listed are fine. Many people don't have Spessartines or Almandines and the pygmy breeds are rather limited. There is also probably going to be an actual Easter event going on as well, so it's best not to overwhelm people or the AP with too many breeds.

I will participate. I'll only be breeding CBs and 2nd gens of each breed to cut down on the amount of things going to the AP (from me at least). I also think that the three breeds that you have listed are fine. Many people don't have Spessartines or Almandines and the pygmy breeds are rather limited. There is also probably going to be an actual Easter event going on as well, so it's best not to overwhelm people or the AP with too many breeds.

Exactly why it's been cut to three, these are all somewhat easily caught, accessible breeds. But they almost always have cool lineages.

Ok, I'll save my BSA lineages for another event - I have plenty of nice lineages with all three chosen species that I'll be happy to share (well, maybe not that many with Springs, but I have enough CB's to create some sweet 2nd gens). If time allows me, I'll make a banner for the event later in the day. :3

Edit: here's a simple banner - I didn't know what to name the event, am open to suggestions if you'd like a different title. :3

user posted image

[IMG=http://i61.tinypic.com/xn9jx0.png]

Edited by stagazer_7

Wait, if we end up suggesting every breed, won't it just be one huge mass-breed of every single thing on DC?

xd.png That would crash the servers.

That was just the first page. Everything's fine now. tongue.gif

I'll take part in this. Sounds fun. Also, that banner looks really cool!

PUHLEEEEZE!!

Could we NOT have any messy lines (as per first post) dumped to the AP in this?! Dumping crappy lines is like offering someone a garbage sandwich. And I like the Pyralspites.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I like this idea! And the proposed three dragon breeds are fine too, it makes perfectly sense in my opinion. I'll definitly try to breed my share to the Ap and catch some beauties a few day later... biggrin.gif

That banner looks so pretty! Thanks for making it Stargazer!

I'll try to remember to breed. I've got loads of CB stripes, as well as a couple of lineaged ones. Maybe we can extend the breeding period from Easter Saturday to Easter Monday?

Okay then, I'll add the banner I to the main post. I will extend the breeding period for a bit, so more people can participate.

With the reduction in breeds, I'll happily participate in this event too. I've got LOTS and LOTS of Stripes available from my completed 10 gen even gen purebred Stripe project.. and a good number of Pillows too, but only one pair of Springs (I'm not a fan of the Seasonals).

There'll be no messies from me, I 'll only be breeding my nice, clean lineages during the event, so expect a few nice checkers and PB's to be floating around the AP and there'll also be plenty pretty 2nd gen Metal-, Trio- and Holiday-kins (my army of Halloweens will finally have something to do, yay!). ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing all the different combinations people will be coming up with. :3

Update: I edited the banner so it'll take one to the page, and fixed some typos in the main post. Those who wish to be notified of when breeding starts can reply using the following code:

[COLOR=maroon][B]I want to know when breeding starts![/B][/COLOR]

Update: I edited the banner so it'll take one to the page, and fixed some typos in the main post. Those who wish to be notified of when breeding starts can reply using the following code:

[COLOR=maroon][B]I want to know when breeding starts![/B][/COLOR]

It starts on Easter Sunday 12am EDT right?

It starts on Easter Sunday 12am EDT right?

Yes indeed. I was just putting that out there so people could sign up for a reminder if they wanted one.

Yes indeed. I was just putting that out there so people could sign up for a reminder if they wanted one.

Awesome~ Thanks. ^J^

No problem. smile.gif Can't wait for Easter, my seasonals shall make many babies. smile.gif

I know I'm, excited too! I become unegglocked in another hour of two and I need to hunt down another CB Pillow egg. And some CB Springs if I can. Oh I'm so excited about this~!

I know I'm, excited too! I become unegglocked in another hour of two and I need to hunt down another CB Pillow egg. And some CB Springs if I can. Oh I'm so excited about this~!

Yeah, I wasn't on much last spring, so once I am unlocked again, I need to collect some Springs. Their sprites are my favorites.

Yeah, I wasn't on much last spring, so once I am unlocked again, I need to collect some Springs. Their sprites are my favorites.

They're my faves too out of the Seasonals~ Even though I'm not usually a huge fan of pink. They just look really good~

Would we be allowed to breed a lineage of one of the applicable breeds with a complementary one, say Golden Wyverns, so long as the dropped eggs are Pillows? Or must they be purebred or with other applicable breeds?

This looks fun so,

I want to know when breeding starts!

Can other dragons be included as well? Like Soulpeace dragons or Avatars of Creation or Change?

Would we be allowed to breed a lineage of one of the applicable breeds with a complementary one, say Golden Wyverns, so long as the dropped eggs are Pillows? Or must they be purebred or with other applicable breeds?

It doesn't matter what is bred with what, so long as one partner is one of the mentioned breeds. If a metallic eggs is bred, a metallic egg is bred. The point of this is to make a nice little breeding, and drop pretty eggs for people to find, so 'special' eggs dropped are like those rare eggs on a hunt with more candy or a toy or something. It's all for fun! smile.gif

This looks fun so,

I want to know when breeding starts!

Can other dragons be included as well? Like Soulpeace dragons or Avatars of Creation or Change?

You can breed those dragons, but one of the mates has to be one of the three breeds mentioned. Like I said in my previous post, all breeds can be bred, so long as their mate is a stripe, pillow, or seasonal. smile.gif

Edited by shadowfighter

You can breed those dragons, but one of the mates has to be one of the three breeds mentioned. Like I said in my previous post, all breeds can be bred, so long as their mate is a stripe, pillow, or seasonal. smile.gif

Actually, I meant if the dragon species themselves could be included in the same list as the pillow, stripes and Seasonal.

While the Spring seasonal, Pillow and Stripe all represent something related to the season the others might also add an extra element and fit the category as well.

Avi of Creation, because Spring brings new life

Avi of Change, because it signals the changing of the season

And Soulpeace, because because it signals the gentle thaw and start of spring. (plus their eggs seem go well with Easter's color scheme.)

But either way is fine. smile.gif

Yay, this looks good! Please breed Pillows, everyone! I'll go tell my brother about this now - he's new and hoarding those fluffy monsters. biggrin.gif

He is excited. smile.gif I will be grabbing some Pillows and Seasonals on 5th April!

Actually, I meant if the dragon species themselves could be included in the same list as the pillow, stripes and Seasonal.

While the Spring seasonal, Pillow and Stripe all represent something related to the season the others might also add an extra element and fit the category as well.

Avi of Creation, because Spring brings new life

Avi of Change, because it signals the changing of the season

And Soulpeace, because because it signals the gentle thaw and start of spring. (plus their eggs seem go well with Easter's color scheme.)

But either way is fine. smile.gif

I can see why they may be a good idea, but I am trying to avoid using every breed, and once you get to a certain point, it gets out of control. I think, for the first (hopefully) annual Easter breeding, three breeds is good. I will probably use the breeds you mentioned next year, and that way we can go through every year and change the dragons, make something new, and so forth. smile.gif

Edited by shadowfighter

This looks like a lot of fun, I have none of the breeds, but it looks lik fun. I'll keep an eye out for the breeds, or at the very least, catch some of them. smile.gif