rabbithaver

Markiplites, Assemble!

I haven't seen any topics for fans of Markiplier, but I may have missed one. Hopefully this is the right board.

Anywho, I started watching Markiplier's videos in December, and now I'm hooked. Not only is he funny, but he doesn't make jokes at the expense of others. He's very passionate about his content and his fans in a way no other Youtuber has been. He genuinely sees his fans as people, and he counts himself as their equals. His humor is inclusive and good-natured.

I love him because he has a channel that feels welcoming to me. I don't get that a lot. On the internet, every other joke is at the expense of queer people, or people of color, or women, or religious minorities. Not Mark, though. He's made it clear that he welcomes everyone, and wants everyone to laugh. I haven't felt hurt by his jokes (I wish I could say the same for Pewdiepie and others...) which is...really significant. It doesn't sound like much, especially if you're cis and straight, but when you're queer, it means the world.

So...why do you like Markiplier? How has he touched your life? What's your favorite series he's played?

Edited by oddinomaly

I haven't seen any topics for fans of Markiplier, but I may have missed one. Hopefully this is the right board.

Anywho, I started watching Markiplier's videos in December, and now I'm hooked. Not only is he funny, but he doesn't make jokes at the expense of others. He's very passionate about his content and his fans in a way no other Youtuber has been. He genuinely sees his fans as people, and he counts himself as their equals. His humor is inclusive and good-natured.

I love him because he has a channel that feels welcoming to me. I don't get that a lot. On the internet, every other joke is at the expense of queer people, or people of color, or women, or religious minorities. Not Mark, though. He's made it clear that he welcomes everyone, and wants everyone to laugh. I haven't felt hurt by his jokes (I wish I could say the same for Pewdiepie and others...) which is...really significant. It doesn't sound like much, especially if you're cis and straight, but when you're queer, it means the world.

So...why do you like Markiplier? How has he touched your life? What's your favorite series he's played?

I'm quite new to Mark, only been watching his videos for about a month now.

I like his Turbo Dismount videos the most, those were gorgeous.

And indeed... Pewdie stopped being funny to me years ago. Too offensive, too much swearing, not enough funny.

Count me on the mini-train.

Welcome to the minitrain lmao

I still need to watch those. I've been watching Happy Wheels lately. And Prop Hunt. :○

I started by watching his Latin's Wrath Drunk Minecraft video. Watched like 15 or so episodes of his and started watching some of his other stuff. He is hilarious. I prefer the LetsPlay channel most of the time but I been watching a lot more of Marks stuff lately. I guess it's cuz his content and humor for me is newer. xd.png

It can take awhile to get into him, but its so worth it.

Anywho I hope he's feeling better :< Bowel obstructions are super painful

I am the biggest fan of his animated things

Though haven't watched much else yet xd.png

Why does this not have more posts?? o3o I'm a major fan of Markiplier; I've been watching his videos a lot recently, especially since right before he got went to the hospital (during that con, I think it was), and I had to dive into his archives for videos I hadn't seen. I'm on his Amnesia: Machine for Pigs right now, because, it's funny, this was one of the very first games I got into LPs with, and the guy I was watching it through never finished. It's kind of nostalgic in an interesting way, but Mark definitely plays it better.

I'm not sure, exactly, when I found him or got into the genre itself; I just know that I did. Well, it was probably Tobuscus (them Happy Wheels), but that's another story |D Anyhow, I'm not like one of those people he mentions in his videos, who have had some life changing experience, or have a bad life altogether, and he plucks them from the brink of their own destruction or whatever. I've got a fine life, but I love Mark <3 there's no particular reason, or time in my life where I needed him; it just happened.

Also, Prophunt is amazing; probably one of my fav that he's ever done, and I hope he continues with it c: playing by myself just isn't the same. In addition, I do love those playthroughs that turn serious, and he ends up sharing a deep part of himself; he is such a beautiful person. Even though I'm aware that I can't really know him on a personal level, I can't say it enough; he is just so beautiful.

Thanks Esko for bumping this up to most recent post cx I don't think I would've gone looking, but I'm glad I found this thread; my words always get so lost in the torrent of youtube comments.

If anybody else is still following this thread, I feel like we need to do something. Group activity or something like that, I dunno. Well, in any case...

MARKIPLITES YEAAAAAH!